Continuous Improvement Business Analyst – 12 month FTC
- Glasgow, Glasgow City
- Closing date
- 7 May 2023
- Vacancy Type
- Other specialist roles, Project management, Process improvement
- Contract Type
- Experience Level
- Role Classification
- Other Professional
Ashurst is a leading progressive global law firm with a rich history spanning more than 200 years. We are proud of our history and are future-focused, having expanded into new technologies through our NewLaw division, Ashurst Advance, and our consulting arm. Our in-depth understanding of our clients and commitment to providing excellent standards of service have seen us become a trusted adviser to local and global corporates, financial institutions and governments in all areas of commercial law. To find out more please visit www.ashurst.com
We are looking for an experienced CI Business Analyst to join our organisation on a fixed term basis for a period of 12 months. As CI Business Analyst for Ashurst Service Central (ASC), the incumbent will support the development and delivery of our Continuous Improvement (CI) programme and support in the transition and transformation of a portfolio of work from our Business Development function. The role provides an excellent opportunity for a motivated individual to apply their CI skills through delivery of tangible improvements to services and processes, whilst helping to embed a strong CI culture in a fast-paced shared service environment.
As part of the Service Improvement team, you will collaborate with ASC teams and Business Development stakeholders across to define process improvement priorities and cultivate the creation of a CI mindset. The role will be responsible for project managing the transition of activity by identifying priorities, defining service needs service needs and taking the initiative to deliver process improvements.
Hours of work
37.5 hours per week Monday to Friday, working 8.5 hours a day including an hour for lunch, between the hours of 09:00 -17:30. However, you will be required to work such hours as are necessary to carry out your duties.
- Lead the transition of a defined portfolio of work from scoping to delivery across a range of business development processes.
- Scoping, assessment, prioritisation and delivery of change initiates from, in line with agreed timelines.
- Map and document as-is end to end processes.
- Create knowledge transfer plans and assess against agreed scope. Co-ordinate knowledge transfer and shadowing of activities.
- Support the seamless transition of services into ASC, ensuring integration of people, process and technology
- Support the development of CI mindset across ASC teams through coaching and various improvement initiatives
- Drive bottom line benefits within shared service environment to assist overall Firm strategy and business priorities
- Deliver improvement inventions that aim to improve key metrics performance, generate savings and add business value
- Apply technical and procedural knowledge to facilitate improvement workshops and process mapping events.
- Assist Service Improvement Managers and Process Writers in the mapping of As-Is and To-Be processes in continuous improvement projects
- Act as an advocate for change and disseminate information that highlights the benefits of developing a continuous improvement culture across the Firm
Risk and Control: Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with our regulatory requirements and internal policies.
Essential skills and experience:
- Strong CI mindset and delivery background (2-4 years) is required
- Proficiency across the MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint)
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Experience of process mapping, ideally using MS Visio.
- Strong team-working skills with the ability to influence and motivate diverse teams to embrace and deliver sustained process improvement
- The role involves extensive interactions with various stakeholders and therefore requires a combination of intellect, maturity, strength of character, and an ability to earn respect
- Proven organisational and prioritisation skills
- Passion and sense of urgency for executing performance improvement projects
- Change agent with strong credibility and influencing skills
- Works with and able to challenge senior leaders
- Self-motivated and possess demonstrated ability to motivate others to achieve results
- Demonstrated strong process and project management skills
- Exceptional eye for detail coupled with analytical mind and problem-solving mindset
- Experience in facilitating workshop and coaching/ mentoring activities
Desired skills and experience
- Extensive experience of project management and change management methodologies
- Experience of working in professional services organisation
- Experience of working in customer service, shared services or business development environment
In order to comply with regulatory and client requirements, Ashurst will undertake appropriate vetting of staff. When applicants accept a job offer, Ashurst, alongside a specialist provider, will undertake professional verification and background checks. These checks are only undertaken with consent, and in accordance with our legal and regulatory obligations.
Ashurst is a leading international law firm with world class capability and a prestigious global client base. The firm's in-depth understanding of its clients and commitment to providing exceptional standards of service has seen it become a trusted adviser to local and global corporates, financial institutions and governments on all areas of commercial law. The firm's people are its greatest asset and it brings together lawyers of the highest calibre with the technical knowledge, industry experience and regional know-how to provide the incisive advice clients need.
Ashurst has 25 offices in 15 countries and offers the reach and insight of a global network, combined with the knowledge and understanding of local markets. With 400 partners and 1,200 lawyers working across 10 different time zones, the firm is able to respond to clients wherever and whenever required. As a global team, Ashurst has a reputation for successfully managing large and complex multi-jurisdictional transactions, disputes and projects and delivering outstanding outcomes for clients.
- +44 20 7638 1111
London Fruit & Wool Exchange
1 Duval Square
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert