Business Development Administrator / Client Assistant
- Glasgow, Glasgow City
- Closing date
- 7 May 2023
- Vacancy Type
- Business Development, Business development
- Contract Type
- Experience Level
- Role Classification
- Other Professional
Ashurst is a leading progressive global law firm with a rich history spanning more than 200 years. We are proud of our history and are future-focused, having expanded into new technologies through our NewLaw division, Ashurst Advance, and our consulting arm. Our in-depth understanding of our clients and commitment to providing excellent standards of service have seen us become a trusted adviser to local and global corporates, financial institutions and governments in all areas of commercial law. To find out more please visit www.ashurst.com
In order to comply with regulatory and client requirements, Ashurst will undertake appropriate vetting of staff. When applicants accept a job offer, Ashurst, alongside a specialist provider, will undertake professional verification and background checks. These checks are only undertaken with consent, and in accordance with our legal and regulatory obligations.
Ashurst Service Central (ASC) supports the firm to deliver smart and scalable business services. An experienced team of problem solvers and service professionals are designing a "one stop shop" for essential services across the employee and client lifecycles.
The aim is to create a business service engine which will support our progressive law firm. Since 2020, ASC has a team over 100 service professionals operating primarily out of Brisbane and Glasgow responsible for delivering a joined-up user experience across a number of essential services.
With a Business Development, Brand Marketing & Communications (BD and BMC) focus, ASC Client helps to execute the firm's clients and markets strategy driving profitable growth with a specific focus on our chosen sectors and priority clients.
Hours of work:
Monday to Friday, 37.5 hours per week. Flexibility between 08.00 and 18.30 with a staggered working arrangement. You may be required to work additional hours based on work requirements.
The ASC Client Assistant will be a part of our global team providing administrative support to BD and BMC and ASC teams.
ASC Client includes team members based in Brisbane and Glasgow. The team operates under a Follow The Sun (FTS) model to deliver tasks efficiently to clients by utilising the different time zones effectively.
- Providing administrative support to BD & BMC teams globally in the implementation of the firm's strategy.
- Assistance with event invitations, attendee lists, online event setup and recording and event feedback surveys.
- Preparing and maintaining marketing materials including website updates, email marketing, bids and tender documents and client reports.
- Assisting on other ad hoc projects.
- Meeting KPIs as directed by Team Leaders and Managers.
- Forming positive working relationships, particularly with the BD, BMC and ASC teams.
Risk and Control: Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with our regulatory requirements and internal policies.
Essential skills and experience:
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Office products (Word, PowerPoint and Excel).
- Excellent verbal and written communication - able to write clearly, concisely and to a high standard, with an excellent grasp of grammar and punctuation.
- Extremely high level of attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent organisational and project management skills.
- Ability to operate firm systems and generate reports/data quickly and accurately.
- Collaborative, team-orientated approach with the flexibility and willingness to go the extra mile.
- Enthusiastic and proactive, with the ability to work to tight deadlines.
- An innovative mind-set and a passion for developing and evolving the way you, and your colleagues, work.
- Positive attitude toward work and a desire to learn and develop your role and skillset.
- An ability to work with remote teams with an understanding and appreciation of cultural differences in working styles.
- Ability to effectively interact with peers and internal clients including senior stakeholders - especially under deadline pressure.
- Ability to work autonomously when required as well as ability to work within a team and take direction from others.
Desired skills and experience:
- Ideally, previous relevant experience in a professional services or corporate environment. However, attitude and a willingness to learn is equally important.
- Experience with Content Management Systems.
- Ability to switch between detail and the bigger picture.
- Ability to read and write in Chinese (simplified), Japanese or Indonesian Bahasa will be an advantage.
Ashurst is a leading international law firm with world class capability and a prestigious global client base. The firm's in-depth understanding of its clients and commitment to providing exceptional standards of service has seen it become a trusted adviser to local and global corporates, financial institutions and governments on all areas of commercial law. The firm's people are its greatest asset and it brings together lawyers of the highest calibre with the technical knowledge, industry experience and regional know-how to provide the incisive advice clients need.
Ashurst has 25 offices in 15 countries and offers the reach and insight of a global network, combined with the knowledge and understanding of local markets. With 400 partners and 1,200 lawyers working across 10 different time zones, the firm is able to respond to clients wherever and whenever required. As a global team, Ashurst has a reputation for successfully managing large and complex multi-jurisdictional transactions, disputes and projects and delivering outstanding outcomes for clients.
- +44 20 7638 1111
London Fruit & Wool Exchange
1 Duval Square
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert