Server Engineer 12 Month FTC
- Glasgow, Glasgow City
- Closing date
- 7 May 2023
- Vacancy Type
- Contract Type
- Experience Level
- Officer / Analyst / Engineer / Executive / Coordinator
- Role Classification
- Other Professional
Ashurst is a leading progressive global law firm with a rich history spanning more than 200 years. We are proud of our history and are future-focused, having expanded into new technologies through our NewLaw division, Ashurst Advance, and our consulting arm. Our in-depth understanding of our clients and commitment to providing excellent standards of service have seen us become a trusted adviser to local and global corporates, financial institutions and governments in all areas of commercial law. To find out more please visit www.ashurst.com
Server Engineer role cover the day-to-day, 'business as usual' tasks to support all backend IT systems. This role will provide hands-on 3rd line operational support for Ashurst's IT systems as well as providing implementation support for any new projects or technologies which Ashurst may adopt. The role will be a mix of BAU & Project work either, directly assigned to a Project or, back-filling for permanent members of staff assigned to Project work.
- 3rd line support of Microsoft BackOffice and cloud products, including, but not limited to Active Directory/Exchange/IIS/DNS/DHCP/Group Policy. Ensuring full environment availability
- Support and maintenance of global VMWare infrastructure and storage systems
- Proactive monitoring of all supported servers, infrastructure and applications.
- Ongoing Patching and upgrades of supported infrastructure
- Delivery of assigned projects in-line with agreed deadlines
- Adherence to Incident, Problem, Change and Configuration processes. Responding to incidents within agreed SLA's.
- Take part in operational rotas to ensure environment stability and identify issues
- Take part in on-call rota supporting environment outside of business hours
- Identification of automation and simplification opportunities allowing tasks and processes to be carried out with less manual overhead
- Providing and maintaining internal procedural and technical documentation
- Risk and Control: Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with our regulatory requirements and internal policies.
Essential skills and experience:
In Depth Knowledge of:
- Strong technical skills in Microsoft Back Office products
- Strong Powershell scripting
- Extensive experience of Microsoft Active Directory 2012,2016 & 2019
- Experience of Windows 2012/2016/2019 Server and supporting technologies such as DNS and DHCP
- Microsoft clustering Technology
- Knowledge of Dell Networker\Data Domain backup or, other backup technologies eg NetBackup
- Virtualisation Technologies in particular Vmware vSphere
- HP 3PAR & Dell\EMC SAN Storage
- Experience administering Citrix
- Azure experience, in particular good knowledge of Azure AD and AD Sync
- Experience configuring & supporting ADFS and SSO technologies.
- Excellent communication and documentation skills
- Experience working in an environment with strict SLA's
- Experience with Agile working practices and delivery
- ITIL certification
Desired skills and experience:
- Knowledge experience of Exchange 2016
- Experience with in configuring & supporting MFA
- Understanding of Vulnerability Management
- An understanding of LAN / WAN technologies.
- Experience of monitoring solutions - eg PRTG, Solarwinds
- Experience with Dell Open Manage
- Exposure to a scripting language such as Windows Scripting Host or VB script.
- Exposure to Dell hardware.
- Experience of Skype for Business 2015 (On Prem) & MS Teams
- Knowledge of infrastructure standards (e.g. ISO)
- Experience of working in a professional services environment
- Raising problem records with vendors and follow ups
- Understanding of software deployment tools, in particular SCCM
- Understanding of Business Continuity & Disaster recovery
- Working with project managers to deliver projects to agreed design and standards
Ashurst is a leading international law firm with world class capability and a prestigious global client base. The firm's in-depth understanding of its clients and commitment to providing exceptional standards of service has seen it become a trusted adviser to local and global corporates, financial institutions and governments on all areas of commercial law. The firm's people are its greatest asset and it brings together lawyers of the highest calibre with the technical knowledge, industry experience and regional know-how to provide the incisive advice clients need.
Ashurst has 25 offices in 15 countries and offers the reach and insight of a global network, combined with the knowledge and understanding of local markets. With 400 partners and 1,200 lawyers working across 10 different time zones, the firm is able to respond to clients wherever and whenever required. As a global team, Ashurst has a reputation for successfully managing large and complex multi-jurisdictional transactions, disputes and projects and delivering outstanding outcomes for clients.
- +44 20 7638 1111
London Fruit & Wool Exchange
1 Duval Square
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert