Practice Executive - Real Estate
- London (Central), London (Greater)
- Closing date
- 29 Mar 2023
- Vacancy Type
- Marketing and Communications, Business Development, Other specialist roles, Facilities Management
- Contract Type
- Experience Level
- Officer / Analyst / Engineer / Executive / Coordinator
- Role Classification
- Other Professional
Ashurst is a leading progressive global law firm with a rich history spanning more than 200 years. We are proud of our history and are future-focused, having expanded into new technologies through our NewLaw division, Ashurst Advance, and our consulting arm. Our in-depth understanding of our clients and commitment to providing excellent standards of service have seen us become a trusted adviser to local and global corporates, financial institutions and governments in all areas of commercial law. To find out more please visit www.ashurst.com
This role will provide high level, proactive business support to an allocation of partners ensuring the effective completion of tasks using appropriate resources such as the Local Hub and Global Shared Services. The role works closely with fee earners to develop comprehensive knowledge of clients, markets and workstreams, playing a key role in the work of the team and pivotal to the lawyers' practices.
Exceptional levels of initiative, organisational skills and client focus are key requirements and the role requires a broad range of skills in business development, client communications, practice management, marketing and billing.
Hours of work:
Monday to Friday, 9.30am - 5.30pm.
- Regular practice planning with partners to review and assist with client work activities.
- Efficient and effective use of precedent databases for research, pitches, fee proposals and presentations, deal bibles, etc.
- Assistance with document amendments of less than 5 pages, and drafting correspondence, checking that all work is accurate and follows firm's standards
- Preparing documents, presentations and pitch documents, undertaking research and analysis as required
- Ensuring appropriate file management systems are in place, including the filing of emails.
- Delegating appropriate admin tasks to the Local Hub, such as time recording, matter opening, expenses, compliance, learning records, New Business Intake, etc
- Manage, track and coordinate the review of WIP and matter billings with the relevant associate/partner
- Work with Financial Management to prepare timely and accurate client invoices.
- Active diary management and gatekeeping, including coordinating complex travel and resource requirements.
- Delegating basic travel and resource requirements to Local Hub.
- Coordinating, or delegating as appropriate, meeting requirements (room bookings, attendee invitations, resources, catering), including scheduling arrangements across time zones.
- Preparing information packs (booking flights, hotels, transfers, maps, client information, itinerary).
- Communicating with clients directly, screening calls and providing responses, including directing enquiries/requests to more appropriate areas in the firm.
- Monitoring and managing inboxes, using initiative to re-route or prioritise, and action or draft response for review in order to reduce volume.
- Responsible for proactively progressing and implementing outcomes identified from client relationship plans i.e. diarising/setting up monthly calls, follow up actions.
- Builds professional networks and effective working relationships with stakeholders and Practice Executives/Executive Assistants at both internal and external clients.
- Develops and maintains a good commercial awareness of the practice and clients.
- Attending client meetings when required to reinforced business contacts and take notes, actions points for follow up.
- Preparing and researching client intelligence or information for pitch or marketing documents.
- Assisting in the preparation of client information packs which may include business reports, analytics and research.
- Creation or amendment of animated or graphical PowerPoint presentations.
- Ensuring the Interaction database is regularly updated, including progressing updates or submissions from partners and passing these to the Local Hub.
- Assisting with coordination and on the ground preparation of small client events and liaising with the events team to source venues, invitations, arranging resources, seat planning, communications and presentations, etc.
- Responsible for the successful delivery of ad hoc projects or tasks as required by the team.
Risk and Control: Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with our regulatory requirements and internal policies.
Essential skills and experience:
- High degree of initiative, pro-activity and practical problem solving skills, along with a willingness to take ownership for the completion of tasks or project.
- A client focussed approach with well-developed communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to provide professional and appropriate first drafts of short correspondence, documents and slide packs.
- Excellent organisation skills, with the ability to cope with a wide range of demands and changing priorities.
- Resilience to maintain focus under pressure, as often required to meet tight and demanding deadlines
- A commitment to being part of a successful team. A strong work ethic and flexible with time; willing to adjust and re-prioritise to ensure the needs of the project, task or team are met.
- Professional, approachable and able to work well with others in building positive relationships with clients.
- Works well within teams, able to re-prioritise when needed to meet urgent deadlines or changed priorities.
- Strong attention to detail, able to work within a team or independently, to produce accurate work.
- Demonstrates an ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality and professional discretion.
- Confident in carrying out advanced internet research and analysing client material.
- Strong technical skills in MS Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel.
Desired skills and experience:
- Previous experience as an Executive in a law firm or other professional services environment.
- Previous exposure to, or a demonstrated interest in, Business Development and research.
- A willingness to innovate and think laterally.
- Good academic background, educated to graduate level or has equivalent professional experience.
Ashurst is a leading international law firm with world class capability and a prestigious global client base. The firm's in-depth understanding of its clients and commitment to providing exceptional standards of service has seen it become a trusted adviser to local and global corporates, financial institutions and governments on all areas of commercial law. The firm's people are its greatest asset and it brings together lawyers of the highest calibre with the technical knowledge, industry experience and regional know-how to provide the incisive advice clients need.
Ashurst has 25 offices in 15 countries and offers the reach and insight of a global network, combined with the knowledge and understanding of local markets. With 400 partners and 1,200 lawyers working across 10 different time zones, the firm is able to respond to clients wherever and whenever required. As a global team, Ashurst has a reputation for successfully managing large and complex multi-jurisdictional transactions, disputes and projects and delivering outstanding outcomes for clients.
- +44 20 7638 1111
London Fruit & Wool Exchange
1 Duval Square
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert