Contract Operations and Facilities Senior Manager
- Allen & Overy LLP
- London (Central), London (Greater)
- Closing date
- 7 May 2023
- Vacancy Type
- Other specialist roles, Facilities Management
- Contract Type
- Experience Level
- Senior Manager, Manager
- Role Classification
- Other Professional
We are currently recruiting for a Contract Operations & Facilities Senior Manager to join our Business Services department in London.
The role will be responsible for the delivery of a range of contracted services delivered to the business by third party suppliers against a strategic plan based upon driving quality and operational effectiveness. Working with the Head of Hospitality & Document Services, the role will provide the strategic direction for all service lines under management. This role will be expected to develop excellent partnerships with incumbent suppliers whist at the same time working closely with the Supplier Management team to ensure that performance is regularly monitored and reviewed through a balanced scorecard. This role will seek to minimise supplier risks and maximise commercial and technical innovation. In addition, the role holder will be required to ensure any service issues are resolved satisfactorily ensuring excellent communication and feedback to internal stakeholders. This role will need to also work with the Procurement team when services need to be competitively tendered or market appraised to ensure the firm is getting value from any commercial agreements. Increasingly Scope 3 carbon emissions should be considered so there is alignment to the firm’s ESG agenda and objectives.
- Procurement Management including supplier managers
- Finance including the Business Services Finance Managers & Accounts Payable
- Business Services Senior Leadership Team
- Legal practice groups (including Partners, COOs, GMs & PAs)
- Senior management from Support departments
- Business Services Managers
- Business Services IT Relationship Manager
- IT / IT management (Heads of department and team managers)
- Third party suppliers of service across Business Services
- Supplier Senior Management
Role and responsibilities
- To drive the daily operational activities of all contracts under management to ensure appropriate service levels and standards are adhered to at all times
- To ensure the third party contract delivery teams deliver the highest levels of quality, performance and customer satisfaction
- To lead the balanced scorecards that are run for all major contracts in conjunction with the supplier management team
- To drive standards of performance and quality across all contracts and lead on implementing service improvement plans where required
- To look for efficiencies and cost saving opportunities that do not materially detract from the overall quality of the service
- To oversee any supplier recruitment of key roles ensuring new members of contractor staff are inducted into A&O as well as the supplier’s organisation, ensuring any A&O risk and compliance training is undertaken accordingly
- To monitor that all contracts adhere to health and safety, infection prevention and control measures
- To review and develop improvement plans for all supplier-led audits and provide feedback on areas for improvement
- To keep abreast of industry changes, trends, technological advancements and innovations which may support the more efficient and effective operational performance of contracts
- To ensure satisfactory disaster recovery plans are in place and that regular testing takes place (in conjunction with the BCP team) and remedial actions are implemented, in a timely way.
Financial & Commercial
- To ensure the appropriate management of all budgets relating to the service lines under management ensuring adequate financial controls are in place and followed
- To oversee the procurement of supplies and capital equipment to access need, appropriateness and ensure value for money is delivered to the business within budget
- To lead in the development of annual budgets for each contract in conjunction with the supplier and ensure these are adhered reflected in the Business Services annual budget
- To be responsible for the approval of all invoices and payments in relation to any contracts within the portfolio of the role, ensuring these are processed in a timely manner and that any disputes are handled to resolution as quickly as possible.
- To oversee pay review each year for contracts to ensure salaries are paid at a competitive level in line with market benchmarking data. Same for any bonuses that are to be paid to eligible contractors.
- A business or commercial qualification or else an industry (BICS, BIFM,etc.) recognised qualification in Facilities management or relevant workplace experience
- Extensive and relevant experience of managing large and complex outsourced contracts within a legal or professional services environment
- Be able to demonstrate an excellent operational understanding of how contracts such as housekeeping, health & wellbeing, catering etc., operate
- Well-developed stakeholder management skills at all levels with the presence required to engage with senior members of the firm and a proven ability to develop, maintain and enhance relationships with a variety of internal and external contacts
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills, ability to clearly articulate messages to a variety of audiences and stakeholders
- Able to define problems, evaluate, identify and implement recommendations and solutions
- Excellent planning and organisational skills, with proven ability to multitask, delegate effectively and manage deadlines
- Ability to work well under pressure in a busy deadline-driven environment, can flex to changes in business focus to successfully prioritise & make trade-offs on work & time
- Committed to continuous service improvement and innovation
- Excellent judgement in dealing with business issues
- Proficient in all Microsoft office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook etc.,)
Should you require additional support at any stage of the recruitment process due to a disability or a health condition, please do not hesitate to contact a member of Allen & Overy’s recruitment team who will work with you to provide any reasonable adjustments as required.
We are an equal opportunities recruiter and do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or any other protected characteristic
At Allen & Overy, we recognise that our people are our most valuable asset, which is reflected in the wide range of benefits that are available to our employees. Some of these benefits include: our occupational pension scheme, group income protection cover, private medical insurance, mental health resources and free apps, health and wellbeing services encompassing an onsite gym, wellbeing centre and GP service, emergency back-up care support, parental and special leave, holiday entitlement increasing with length of service, holiday trading, season ticket loans and online discounts and lifestyle management services.
Allen & Overy recognises the value of flexible working and embraces hybrid working, allowing our people to work from home up to 40% of their working time. We do however remain committed to working together in person for the remaining 60% of time so that we can learn, grow and succeed together. If you would like additional flexibility we will of course consider this in line with business needs.
Additional information - External
Allen & Overy is a leading global law firm operating in over thirty countries. We work on some of the most challenging and important deals and have built a reputation for delivering exceptional legal solutions that help our clients grow, innovate and thrive. The legal industry is changing, and we're committed to leading that change, putting our people first, embracing new ways of thinking and integrating technology into our everyday work. Our business teams work hand-in-hand with our lawyers, Consultants and other specialist teams, and are ambitious, driven and leaders in their field.
With us, you will constantly be learning and growing. We invest in you by offering exceptional professional and personal development – providing training, mentoring and practical support. We offer rewarding careers that are built around your strengths and designed to ensure you can achieve your personal and professional goals, recognising that those may look different for everyone.
We have a powerful commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion. We’re determined to play our part in advancing a workplace where progress is made by harnessing our differences – whatever defines you, we ask you to bring your whole self to work.
What truly defines a career at Allen & Overy? We recruit the best and ask for the best of you. We provide challenge, support and a place for you to belong. And together we excel, working on meaningful projects of global significance.
With over 5,600 people in over 40 offices, Allen & Overy is a business doing work of global significance.
Our success is built on the work of talented and motivated people who thrive in a supportive and collaborative environment, dedicated to delivering an exceptional standard of work for our clients. We’re ambitious and forward-thinking, committed to growing our business and meeting the future head-on. We’re not afraid of change, and we believe in challenging the status quo.
What we do goes beyond delivering an outstanding service. We lead the market by creating new solutions for our clients’ most complex legal and business challenges, helping them grow, innovate and thrive. By thinking creatively and entrepreneurially, we challenge expectations, push boundaries and build for the future. We draw on a world-leading network of expertise and a unique platform – such as our Advanced Delivery services and our network of Peerpoint consultants, to set the highest standards for our industry.
Global coverage in today’s market does not simply mean having offices in important cities around the world. For us, it means combining our global resources and sector expertise to work on matters that cross international boundaries with our culturally and geographically diverse teams. For you, it means that wherever you work, you’ll find a culture of inclusion and support – feeling confident to bring your whole self to work every single day. We have developed a culture in which difference is positively valued, and our people are free to be themselves. At A&O, you're not only valued for what you do, but for who you are.
We are in every sense one global team; supportive and collaborative, but also ambitious and driven. Our capacity to combine these qualities and provide a setting in which our people can thrive is what makes us different.
- +44 (0) 20 3088 0000
One Bishops Square
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert