Marketing & BD Manager
- DLA Piper
- Paris or Munich
- Closing date
- 6 May 2023
- Vacancy Type
- Marketing and Communications, Generalist, Business Development, Business development
- Contract Type
- Experience Level
- Role Classification
- Other Professional
Are you an experienced Marketing and BD professional looking for a rewarding career at a global law firm that’s redefining what’s possible? This is an exciting opportunity to be part of our successful and award winning Real Estate team, where this role underpins the success through a wide range of complex and high profile campaigns, events and client development activity.
We’ve created a culture that encourages and values individual choice andopportunity, combined with inclusion and teamwork. Bring your ambition, initiative and entrepreneurial mindset to a global business that’s redefining the expectations of a law firm. If you are looking to expand your career in a role with an international scope, interested in operational and strategic activities where creativity and proactvity are encouraged and supported – here is where you can continue to reach your full potential.
The Real Estate MBD team is international in nature and we welcome applications from any location where DLA Piper has a presence. We act as the operational and strategic hub for Real Estate; helping to attract and develop profitable client relationships, manage our market-leading reputation, develop a sense of community across the group and the sector and develop new products.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
To help support and action the Group and Sector’s strategic priorities, the successful applicant will:
- Develop our ESG working group to be at the forefront of our sector’s activity and collaborate with stakeholders across the wider business to ensure that we remain aligned in our approach
- Drive client sharing across the RE Group and sector, lead client targeting initiatives and participate in key client programmes.
- Develop our PERE (real estate private equity) offering, working with a group of partners to develop client relationships and ensure that our brand and profile remain strong in all relevant areas.
- Project manage some of our largest and most complex events, which may include running a summit in London or managing our presence at industry events such as MIPIM and Expo Real.
- Become involved with account management for the sector’s key client relationships
- Lead and support on key real estate pitch opportunities (from reactive/quick turnaround transaction opportunities to more strategically planned approaches)
- Develop products and services with robust route to market campaigns that work across different geographies
- Work collaboratively with other groups and sectors and with country teams.
- Provide insightful research on companies, asset classes and countries
- Ensure all collateral and marketing data is up-to-date and readily available
- Contribute information and ideas to the Real Estate marketing strategy
- Work closely with the digital marketing team to create and manage content for digital channels
- Oversee the development and submission of key directory submissions for the varying workstreams within Real Estate
- Manage and report on project delivery against plans, budgets and objectives
- Ensure effective communication throughout the group, the sector and smaller working groups and workstreams
- Working closely with the other business services functions to take the Group’s products and services to market and track success
- Play a part in developing the profile of the Group and Sector both internally and in the market
The job holder may be required to undertake additional duties from time to time
The successful candidate must have:
- Manager level experience and be looking to expand their role in an international organisation
- A strong understanding of European working environments
- A Degree or equivalent qualification
- A very high level of written, oral communication and project management skills. In addition you will be expected to have strong probing, consultative listening skills coupled with the ability to negotiate, persuade and manage senior stakeholders
- A second language is desirable.
- The ability to display a consistently positive and proactive attitude and demonstrate a collaborative working style; operating both as an individual and as part of a wider team based in numerous countries.
- A deep knowledge of MBD processes for professional services – a sound understanding of new business processes, digital marketing, CRM and other systems
- An exemplary professional approach and demonstrably high levels of commitment and internal client care
- Ideally a working knowledge of a real estate, corporate or financial services team in a professional services environment
- An inquisitive, outward-looking and international perspective – broad interest in international affairs and the impact of these on the business and legal environment
- Demonstrable experience in demanding, partner-led international environments, where success has depended on an ability to:
- multi-task and work to deadlines
- manage conflicting priorities and expectations in a robust and fast-paced atmosphere
- perform at a consistently high standard
- remain calm and composed in what are often demanding situations
- see delegated tasks through to completion at a high standard
DLA Piper is a global law firm with lawyers and business service professionals located in more than 40 countries throughout the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific. Our global reach ensures that we can help businesses with their legal needs anywhere in the world. We strive to be the leading global business law firm by delivering quality, service excellence and value to our clients and offering practical and innovative legal solutions to help them succeed. Our clients range from multinational, Global 1000, and Fortune 500 enterprises to emerging companies developing industry-leading technologies, as well as government and public sector bodies.
In everything we do connected with our People, our Clients and our Communities, we live by these values:
- Be Supportive – we are compassionate and inclusive, valuing diversity and acting thoughtfully
- Be Collaborative – we are proactive, passionate team players investing in our relationships
- Be Bold – we are fearless and inquisitive, challenging ourselves to think big and find creative new solutions
- Be Exceptional – we are strategic and driven, exceeding standards and expectations
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
At DLA Piper, diversity and inclusion underpins how we live our values and everything we do. We believe that everyone has a voice, and that everyone’s voice counts. We know that the rich diversity across our firm makes us stronger, more innovative and creative, which helps us to better serve our clients and communities. We are committed to providing an inclusive working environment and culture across our global firm, where everyone can bring their authentic self to work.
Diversity of perspective, thought, background and culture combine to make us the leading global law firm; that’s why we actively seek to build balanced teams. We welcome the unique contribution that you will bring to our firm and actively encourage applications from all talented people – however your talent is packaged, whatever your background or circumstance and regardless of how you identify.
We recognise that people have responsibilities and interests outside of their career and that as a business, we all benefit from working flexibly. That’s why we are open to discussing with candidates the different ways in which we are able to support requests for agile working arrangements.
In the event that we make an offer to you, and where local legislation permits and where relevant, we will conduct pre-engagement screening checks that may include but are not limited to your professional and academic qualifications, your eligibility to work in the relevant jurisdiction, any criminal records, your financial stability and work-related references.
DLA Piper is a global law firm with lawyers located in more than 40 countries throughout the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific, positioning us to help clients with their legal needs around the world.
We strive to be the leading global business law firm by delivering quality and value to our clients, and we achieve this through practical and innovative legal solutions that help our clients succeed.
We’re proud to serve an international client base that includes more than half of the Fortune 250 and nearly half of the FTSE 350 companies. We help the world's top companies with their business-critical issues. Many of the deals we work on are complex and challenging – transcending not just practice areas, but borders, languages and legal systems. With offices throughout the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific, we represent more clients in a broader range of geographies and practice disciplines than virtually any other law firm in the world. Our lawyers have wide experience in arbitration, banking, competition and trade, as well as corporate crime and corporate finance. We have strong practices in employment, energy, hospitality and leisure, insurance, intellectual property, litigation, mergers and acquisitions and have developed key teams in pensions, private equity, real estate, tax, and technology
As a firm we are committed to diversity and to building an inclusive culture for all of our people, where differences are genuinely valued. For us, diversity isn't just about visible differences, it's the unique blend of talents, skills, experiences and perspectives that makes each of us an individual and we know it's crucial to have a culture and environment where those differences are genuinely valued.
- +44 (0)20 7349 0296
160 Aldersgate Street
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert