Azure Senior Engineer
- Glasgow, Glasgow City
- Closing date
- 21 Mar 2023
- Vacancy Type
- Contract Type
- Experience Level
- Officer / Analyst / Engineer / Executive / Coordinator
- Role Classification
- Other Professional
Ashurst is a leading progressive global law firm with a rich history spanning more than 200 years. We are proud of our history and are future-focused, having expanded into new technologies through our NewLaw division, Ashurst Advance, and our consulting arm. Our in-depth understanding of our clients and commitment to providing excellent standards of service have seen us become a trusted adviser to local and global corporates, financial institutions and governments in all areas of commercial law. To find out more please visit www.ashurst.com
In order to comply with regulatory and client requirements, Ashurst will undertake appropriate vetting of staff. When applicants accept a job offer, Ashurst, alongside a specialist provider, will undertake professional verification and background checks. These checks are only undertaken with consent, and in accordance with our legal and regulatory obligations.
This is a new role within the Global IT Operations team that will play an important part in progressing Ashurst's cloud-first strategy. The successful candidate will work closely with Ashurst Advance Digital (our digital services and products team) and the firm's digital strategy team to support the establishment of new cloud environments and driving new ways of working.
You will be working alongside our IT Operational Teams who support our traditional infrastructure & existing Cloud environment and will be expected to support them where our Azure based services integrate and overlap with our on prem systems.
The primary focus of the role is establishing and providing day to day operational & build support to our Azure Environments as we migrate & stand up services in the cloud.
Specific programmes of work are expected to include supporting the launch and maintenance of cloud-based capabilities including: a client-facing CIAM, legal advice digitalization, tech-stack integration and AI data analytics.
As well as having the requisite technical skills in security, endpoints and automation, the candidate would be expected to contribute to strategy and help shape new processes. So, strong interpersonal skills and flexibility are a must.
This role will suit someone who sees themselves as an Mid-Senior Level Azure Engineer with 4+ years of hands-on Azure support & build experience, and who has worked within and who champions an emerging DevSecOps culture.
Core Hours 9:00 am - 17:30 pm Monday to Friday. You will be expected to manage your time as your workload requires & we fully support a flexible working approach allowing you to choose to work from home or, from one of our Office Locations, as you see fit. You will bed required to be part of an On Call Rota and there will be a requirement, to occasionally work outside of core hours to support Project work, Changes, general system maintenance or, liaise with fellow engineers in our other global Offices.
- Management of Azure IaaS, PaaS and Hybrid Cloud
- Working with 3rd parties for operational management of services
- Assist in the design, build, deployment & support of cloud infrastructure withing Microsoft Azure
- Provision and manage Azure resources via Azure DevOps CI/CD pipelines;
- Act as an operations support engineer for all 3rd - 4th line support incidents / requests across compute, storage, security and automation
- Participate in the creation of business continuity planning & testing for Ashurst's services running in the Azure platform
- Resolution of all logged Incidents & Service Requests.
- Working proactively with Vendors to resolve Incidents and Problems
- Working collaboratively with all IT Teams & colleagues globally to provide seamless support to our global client community.
- Mentoring & supporting the development of other members of the Team.
- Providing and maintaining internal procedural and technical documentation.
- Maintains a high level of security awareness working proactively with our CyberOps Team to protect our IT Systems.
- Adheres strictly to all IT processes and procedures particular those relating to Change Control & the security of our systems ensuring all activities are carried out in strict compliance with all regulatory requirements and Internal policies.
Risk and Control: Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with our regulatory requirements and internal policies.
Essential skills and experience:
- Minimum - Azure Certified Administrator (Exam AZ-103)
- Other Azure Certifications considered eg Certified Azure Security Engineer, Certified DevOps Engineer
- 4 years+ Azure Cloud Support experience
- Strong understanding and experience of supporting different Azure IaaS and PaaS services in Windows\Linux environments
- Familiar with Azure CLI, PowerShell, Bicep and ARM templates
- Experience working with Azure Virtual Desktop
- Hands-on experience with Load Balancer, DR, backup, networking, Azure Monitor, IAM, RBAC, ABAC, Alert Management, Azure Log Analytics and Azure SQL family.
- Experience with Azure Policy to standards e.g. ISO27001, NIST, CIS
- Azure Active Directory, AD Sync and Azure B2C
- Experience configuring and managing Azure Pipelines and with Azure DevOps as a CI/CD tool
- Awareness of ITSM frameworks (support, delivery and implementation)
- Excellent communication & organizational skills.
- Excellent security awareness
Desired skills and experience:
- ADFS - Cloud & On Prem
- Active Directory and supporting technologies - DNS, DHCP, GPO, Sites & Services etc
- Windows Server 2016\2019\2022
- Certificate Authorities
- Microsoft O365 Administration and Configuration
- MFA technologies.
- Good understanding of LAN/WAN technologies.
- VMware - experience
- ITIL certification
Ashurst is a leading international law firm with world class capability and a prestigious global client base. The firm's in-depth understanding of its clients and commitment to providing exceptional standards of service has seen it become a trusted adviser to local and global corporates, financial institutions and governments on all areas of commercial law. The firm's people are its greatest asset and it brings together lawyers of the highest calibre with the technical knowledge, industry experience and regional know-how to provide the incisive advice clients need.
Ashurst has 25 offices in 15 countries and offers the reach and insight of a global network, combined with the knowledge and understanding of local markets. With 400 partners and 1,200 lawyers working across 10 different time zones, the firm is able to respond to clients wherever and whenever required. As a global team, Ashurst has a reputation for successfully managing large and complex multi-jurisdictional transactions, disputes and projects and delivering outstanding outcomes for clients.
- +44 20 7638 1111
London Fruit & Wool Exchange
1 Duval Square
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert