Release and Environment Manager FTC
- Slaughter and May
- London (Central), London (Greater)
- Closing date
- 23 Mar 2023
- Vacancy Type
- Contract Type
- Experience Level
- Role Classification
- Other Professional
Who we are
Slaughter and May is a leading international law firm, recognised throughout the business community for its exceptional legal service, commercial awareness and commitment to clients. We advise across the spectrum of legal matters including high-profile, ground-breaking and complex transactions, contentious matters and all aspects of risk. We deliver innovative and bespoke solutions to our clients, domestically and internationally. We provide clear legal advice that spans the globe whilst tackling the cultural nuances between jurisdictions. Our lawyers understand how to coordinate and manage matters in the jurisdictions most relevant to our clients.
We are now offering the opportunity to become part of our dynamic team, which supports our lawyers in providing first-class legal advice to some of the most prestigious and well-known global businesses.
At Slaughter and May, with over 1,200 partners and staff worldwide, everyone's contribution is valued, and we all enjoy an open, friendly and supportive environment. We have an underlying sense of pride in who we are and what we do, and our inclusive culture gives rise to a unique diversity of thinking, which is critical to our success and helps maintain our position as a true market leader. To support our employees in achieving their professional development objectives, we offer an unrivalled variety of learning and development opportunities to everyone, as well as a highly competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package. As a result of Government guidance in response to the ongoing coronavirus pandemic, we have successfully and seamlessly adapted to home-working, which is a testament to the resilience and agility of our people. We all look forward to returning to our prestigious Headquarters at One Bunhill Row, in the heart if the City of London, when it is safe and appropriate for us to do so, where we enjoy a range of excellent facilities.
Would you like to join one of the world’s most prestigious law firms?
We are offering a fantastic opportunity for a professional, engaging individual to join us as a Release and Environment Manager within our London-based Technology Team.
We are recruiting for a Release and Environment Manager to join the Technology Department for our transformation programme ‘Aurora’. The role reports into the Senior QA & Release Manager and sits within the Quality Assurance & Release team which is part of the Technology department and the wider Business Services function based at the firm’s head office in London.
The key responsibilities of this role are set out below and there may be others which are not listed. You may be required on occasion to work outside our normal working hours of 9:30am to 5:30pm.
The focus of the role is to work closely with all the project teams within the programme to ensure the delivery of quality releases into the business and to manage the conditions of the non-production environments (DEV and QA). As such, the Release and Environment Manager is responsible for ensuring up-to-date environments and co-ordinating/ensuring releases within the Aurora programme are following the release management strategy.
- Design release processes from build, through test and defect fixing, to the release of software in Production
- Co-ordinate release and environment governance meetings with workstream project managers
- Provide support in collating and reviewing the artefacts required for each release ‘gate’
- Agreeing contents of a release and the plan to implement/rollback using the release management strategy
- Continually working towards making improvements in the release process
- Participate in CAB meetings to discuss release scope and/or roadblocks
- Planning and overseeing successful implementation of software
- Co-ordinate with QA and Project Managers regarding the build and testing process of releases
- Coordinate the scheduling, implementation and roll out of releases
- Manage the version of software in non-production environments using our environment tracker
- Ensure appropriate checkpoints are met and co-ordinate release sign-off
Candidates for this position must have:
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills for communicating across different teams and stakeholders
- Previous experience working in previous release management role is essential
- A detailed knowledge of the Software Development Lifecycle (SLDC)
- Practical working knowledge of ITIL v3 or higher would be desirable
- Ability to identify and correlate independent incidents to understand potential root causes
- Ability to work to tight deadlines to successfully deliver releases.
- Experience in release management in complex and large projects/programmes
- Strong stakeholder management skills, working closely with project team members (Project managers, QA Lead)
Slaughter and May is a leading international law firm recognised throughout the business community for its exceptional legal service, commercial awareness and commitment to clients. We advise on high-profile, ground-breaking and complex transactions and on contentious matters delivering bespoke solutions to clients for over 130 years.
We deliver innovative and bespoke solutions to our clients, domestically and internationally. We provide clear legal advice that spans the globe whilst tackling the cultural nuances between jurisdictions. Our lawyers understand how to coordinate and manage matters in the jurisdictions most relevant to our clients.
Across our four offices in London, Brussels, Beijing and Hong Kong we have 109 partners and over 1300 employees worldwide. We make sure we have the finest lawyers in the market and train them to the highest standards. This means our clients always get advice which is clear, confident and commercial, but also advice which guides and leads them towards a recommended solution.
We have an underlying sense of pride in who we are and what we do, and our inclusive culture gives rise to a unique diversity of thinking, which is critical to our success and helps maintain our position as a true market leader.
- +44 (0)20 7600 1200
One Bunhill Row
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert