Who we are
Slaughter and May is a leading international law firm, advising on high-profile and ground-breaking transactions around the globe. The firm provides clients with a professional service of the highest calibre, combining technical excellence with commercial awareness and a practical, constructive approach to legal issues.
At Slaughter and May, with over 1,200 partners and staff worldwide, everyone's contribution is valued and all enjoy an open, friendly and supportive culture. We have an underlying sense of pride in who we are and what we do, and our inclusive culture values everyone’s contribution to making us a market leader. In addition, there are excellent benefits and facilities and a variety of development opportunities to support you in your role.
We are recruiting for an experienced IT Trainer to join the Technology Department based at the firm’s head office in London.
Would you like to join one of the world’s most prestigious law firms?
We are offering a fantastic opportunity for a professional, engaging individual to join us as a IT Trainer in our London-based team.
The key responsibilities of this role are set out below - there may be others which are not listed.
The IT Trainer may require some working outside our normal working hours of 9:30am to 5:30pm.
- Provide high quality training courses in the following applications for all our offices:
- Microsoft Office and off the shelf and bespoke legal applications as detailed in, but not limited to, the Technical
- Skills section above
- Telephone and voicemail system
- Remote working
- New joiner inductions
- Trainee intake training
- Provide training for:
- Partners, Associates, Training Solicitors, Visiting Lawyers, Work Experience students
- Support staff
- Provide seminars, one-to-one and deskside training when necessary
- Carrying out training needs analysis and liaise with Heads of Departments to identify areas where training is required and provide advice, guidance and information
- Ensure the classrooms and equipment are always ready for training
- Produce training course material and supporting documentation, both hard copy and on the intranet
- Produce and update user guides on the intranet site
- Carry out required training and eLearning administration within the department. Work with the IT Training Manager and IT Training and eLearning Coordinator to schedule courses and maintain the LMS
- Regular floor walking of training related topics
- Work on training related aspects of Technology projects - this will involve liaising with other departments to research requirements and dry run new courses
- Occasional travel to other offices.
The IT Trainer will also be expected to display the attributes set out under the firm’s Key Behaviours.
- Technical & professional expertise
- Service excellence
- Drive to deliver
- Analysis & judgement
- Communication & influence
- Working with others
- Leading & managing people
Candidates for this position must:
- At least 2 years’ legal IT Training experience providing classroom training in Microsoft and legal desktop applications
- Demonstrate a professional and flexible approach to their work and colleagues at all times
- Ability and enthusiasm to learn new applications
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate at all levels of the organisation
- Excellent classroom training skills, coaching and one-to-one experience, floor walking, deskside and online delivery skills
- Excellent written skills demonstrated through the production of quality course materials both in hard copy and online
- Experience in creating new courses - from planning and creating the course outline and script, through to dry run, pilot and delivery to user group.
- Certificate in IT Training methodologies, e.g. TPMA
- Experience of delivering Office 2013 and iManage 10 training
- Experience of delivering training online, e.g. WebEx
- Excellent working knowledge of all Microsoft Office 2013 applications, Windows 10 and PDF Docs
- Good working knowledge of legal applications such as Carpe Diem, Filesite/iManage and SPM
- Good understanding of practice management systems and other legal applications