Our Growth. Your Opportunity
We are currently recruiting for an Associate to join DLA Piper’s global Finance, Projects and Restructuring team to be based in Dublin
With one of the largest teams of dedicated finance lawyers in the world and an established local law firm network, we help our clients to realize their financial strategies in whichever markets they do business.
This is your opportunity to join our growing Finance, Projects and Restructuring group where you will have the platform to progress your career and become an integral leader. You will join a global team that operates across more than 40 countries, a team of trusted advisors, innovators and game-changers who go above and beyond to challenge the status-quo.
We want you to reach your full potential as part of a diverse, global team that thrives on collaboration, and seizing opportunity and commercial edge.
This is a unique opportunity for an Associate to join a market leading firm. Find out how to join us now.
DLA Piper’s global Finance, Projects & Restructuring practice is market leading and offers you the widest platform to progress your career and develop expertise across all of our core services. We have the international reach and innovative mind-set to represent a broad range of clients and advise them on high profile and pathfinding transactions.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
As part of our market-leading global team, candidates will enjoy a uniquely dynamic range of work that will cover our core services across Finance, Projects and Restructuring.
Key areas of responsibility include but are not limited to:
- Advising a variety of counterparties on high-profile domestic and cross-border financing and investment transactions, including real estate and development finance, structured finance, capital markets, corporate banking and treasury, acquisition finance, asset finance, projects and fund finance
- Negotiating, documenting and advising clients on all aspects of finance, security and related documentation
- Advising on structuring and regulatory matters arising
- Liaising and co-ordinating with other relevant practice groups and offices throughout the firm; and
- Managing and conducting legal due diligence, including on loan portfolio sales
We pride ourselves on having a collegiate environment and we are looking for down-to-earth, confident lawyers with strong leadership potential. We do not set upper or lower limits of PQE for any of our vacancies. We have however given an indicative PQE as an approximate guide for applicants. Candidates who have between 2 - 4 years' PQE are likely to have the right level of knowledge and have gained the right level of experience needed to be able to successfully undertake this role.
- The ideal candidate will:Demonstrate strong technical skills, with an international awareness and focus to their work and an enthusiasm about keeping up with the latest market developments and trends
- Demonstrate strong communication skills
- Have experience advising clients at various stages of finance transactions, from the term sheet and structuring stage, closing, syndication, closing and, if required, restructuring
- Be able to create and deliver sustainable, high quality client service whilst also considering clients' wider business objectives
- Handle multiple priorities, be able to work to sometimes conflicting timescales in a fast-paced and challenging environment and be adaptable to change
- Build trust and rapport to develop effective relationships, internally and externally
- Comply with professional standards and all relevant regulatory obligations
- Comply with the firm's systems, policies and procedures in all matters, including compliance, financial systems and time recording; and
- Have a strong desire to succeed, be keen to get involved in business development and help drive the Irish practice forward
This is a truly exciting time to join an innovative team operating across a global network, where every voice is heard and your success is recognised and rewarded. DLA Piper is a global law firm that commits to you and your career and values you for who you are as well as what you do.
DLA Piper is a global law firm with lawyers located in more than 40 countries throughout the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific. Our global reach ensures that we can help businesses with their legal needs anywhere in the world. We strive to be the leading global business law firm by delivering quality, service excellence and value to our clients and offering practical and innovative legal solutions to help them succeed. Our clients range from multinational, Global 1000, and Fortune 500 enterprises to emerging companies developing industry-leading technologies, as well as government and public sector bodies.
In everything we do connected with our People, our Clients and our Communities, we live by these values:
- Be Supportive – we are compassionate and inclusive, valuing diversity and acting thoughtfully
- Be Collaborative - we are proactive, passionate team players investing in our relationships
- Be Bold - we are fearless and inquisitive, challenging ourselves to think big and find creative new solutions
- Be Exceptional - we are strategic and driven, exceeding standards and expectations
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
At DLA Piper, diversity and inclusion underpins how we live our values and everything we do. We believe that everyone has a voice, and that everyone’s voice counts. We know that the rich diversity across our firm makes us stronger, more innovative and creative, which helps us to better serve our clients and communities. We are committed to providing an inclusive working environment and culture across our global firm, where everyone can bring their authentic self to work.
Diversity of perspective, thought, background and culture combine to make us the leading global law firm; that’s why we actively seek to build balanced teams. We welcome the unique contribution that you will bring to our firm and actively encourage applications from all talented people – however your talent is packaged, whatever your background or circumstance and regardless of how you identify.
We support anyone with a disability or long term health condition to ensure they have the opportunity to perform at their best. If you have not done so already, please let us know if you require any support so we can make the right adjustments and considerations should they be required.
We know that people have responsibilities and interests outside of their career and that as a business, we all benefit from working flexibly. That's why we are open to discussing with candidates the different ways in which we are able to support requests for agile working arrangements.
PRE ENGAGEMENT SCREENING
In the event that we make an offer to you, and where local legislation permits, we may conduct pre-engagement screening checks that may include but are not limited to your professional and academic qualifications, your eligibility to work in the relevant jurisdiction.