We are recruiting a Group Accounting and Control Change Manager to join our Finance team based in our Sheffield office which supports DLA Piper’s operations and local finance teams in more than 40 different countries across Europe, Africa, Asia, Australia and Middle East.
The finance function is undergoing a period of change including the transition to a new practice management system (SAP 4 Hanna) in early 2023. Working collaboratively across the finance function the role will support the transformation roadmap of the Group Accounting and Control Function to enhance process efficiencies and strengthen the control framework for the Group function. Therefore, a proven ability to drive continuous process improvements and governance enhancements is critical for this role.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Manage and deliver a suite of process and reporting improvements within the finance function to include but not limited to:
- Drive optimal alignment between Group Management Accounting, Statutory Accounting and Distributable Profit approaches including the recharge methodology
- Develop and implement the optimal process for managing Intercompany positions and settlements
- Review and optimise the process to capture complete and accurate financial data at source to support the Network Coordination Charges in order to fundamentally increase efficiency
- Investigate and recommend a Group Consolidation system suitable for DLA Piper International LLP and support the subsequent transition
- Adhoc support on any overarching program deliverables as required
- Work with relevant Subject Matter Experts and Stakeholders to engage them and support on roadmap to delivery
- Provide regular communication to stakeholders on status, including risks, highlights, concerns and plans
- Qualified Accountant (ACA or ACCA)
- Audit practice background preferred with experience of multi-national and multi-currency consolidations
- Have a strong technical accounting background and be confident technically
- Great organisational skills and ability to work to tight deadlines
- Strong problem solver with intellectual curiosity and a “can-do” attitude
- Be comfortable operating in sometimes ambiguous situations, demonstrating a flexible and collaborative personal working style
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and be fluent in English
- Be a self-starter, who is able to work on their own initiative as well as being part of a team, and has a strong client service orientation
Finance are a highly valued, professional team who act in the Firm’s best interests, successfully managing international finance, compliance and tax obligations. We are globally consistent and accessible, mindful of local requirements and support our partners, legal and business services professional to meet our clients’ needs. The group finance team for DLA Piper International is located predominantly in Sheffield, with local finance managers also located across each office in Europe, Middle East, Africa, Asia and Australia. The accounting, control and compliance team is one of five key central teams. The others being, Partner accounting and Taxation, Commercial Finance, Finance Service Delivery and Finance Systems.
DLA Piper is a global law firm with lawyers located in more than 40 countries throughout the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific. Our global reach ensures that we can help businesses with their legal needs anywhere in the world. We strive to be the leading global business law firm by delivering quality, service excellence and value to our clients and offering practical and innovative legal solutions to help them succeed. Our clients range from multinational, Global 1000, and Fortune 500 enterprises to emerging companies developing industry-leading technologies, as well as government and public sector bodies.
In everything we do connected with our People, our Clients and our Communities, we live by these values:
- Be Supportive – we are compassionate and inclusive, valuing diversity and acting thoughtfully
- Be Collaborative - we are proactive, passionate team players investing in our relationships
- Be Bold - we are fearless and inquisitive, challenging ourselves to think big and find creative new solutions
- Be Exceptional - we are strategic and driven, exceeding standards and expectations
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
At DLA Piper, diversity and inclusion underpins how we live our values and everything we do. We believe that everyone has a voice, and that everyone’s voice counts. We know that the rich diversity across our firm makes us stronger, more innovative and creative, which helps us to better serve our clients and communities. We are committed to providing an inclusive working environment and culture across our global firm, where everyone can bring their authentic self to work.
Diversity of perspective, thought, background and culture combine to make us the leading global law firm; that’s why we actively seek to build balanced teams. We welcome the unique contribution that you will bring to our firm and actively encourage applications from all talented people – however your talent is packaged, whatever your background or circumstance and regardless of how you identify.
We support anyone with a disability or long term health condition to ensure they have the opportunity to perform at their best. If you have not done so already, please let us know if you require any support so we can make the right adjustments and considerations should they be required.
We know that people have responsibilities and interests outside of their career and that as a business, we all benefit from working flexibly. That's why we are open to discussing with candidates the different ways in which we are able to support requests for agile working arrangements.
In the event that we make an offer to you, and where local legislation permits, we will conduct pre-engagement screening checks that may include but are not limited to your professional and academic qualifications, your eligibility to work in the relevant jurisdiction, any criminal records, your financial stability and references from previous employers.