Share our vision. Shape our future.
You. Social media savvy, great organizational skills, with experience working at pace in a complex, global environment, looking for the next step in your career.
Our Early Careers team. High energy, fast pace, with a real passion for giving aspiring lawyers a truly unique experience when starting their career with us.
Let’s speak about your future as a part of DLA Piper Early Careers team, apply now to join as the Early Careers Engagement Specialist.
In this role you will be dedicated to campus marketing and social media engagement supporting the team to elevate our brand and promote our early careers programmes internationally.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Brand Managers: management of the Brand Manager initiative, including the annual sourcing and recruitment of Brand Managers
- Agencies: work with external campus marketing agencies to ensure all marketing publications are industry leading
- Publications: coordinate all materials and content for publications
- Website: end to end management of the Early Careers website. Update and regularly review our website content to ensure it is relevant for the next campus season
- E-brochure: manage the annual refresh and revision of our e-brochure on the Early Careers website, maintaining it is up to date at all times.
- Merchandise: management, planning and ordering all merchandise for campus programmes and Development Programmes / initiatives (e.g. Summer Fun Day, International Graduate Induction)
- Campus collateral: responsibility for the Early Careers banners and coordination of these items to campus events (organising Impressions)
- Market intel and competitor information: ongoing monitoring of competitor landscape and updates to the Recruitment Team ensuring we remain ahead, competitive and current
Social Media and PR:
- Social media channels: in collaboration with an external provider, management of social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn)
Create and design social media posts in collaboration with an external provider
Maintain regular content plans and update the recruitment team to ensure they are aware of content being posted, and timelines
- Internal communications: management and production of all updates for the Firm (e.g. Pulse, photoboards, LinkedIn)
- Awards: manage the award season timeline advising when the team need to submit submissions
- Press / media approaches: prepare responses to press requests and support Head of Early Careers in managing the responses in conjunction with the PR team
- Open Days: management, planning and execution of Open Days
- Budget: management of specific areas of the early careers budget and proactive and timely management of the invoicing process
- Active member of the International Early Careers team: attend all key programme delivery; Insight Programme, Internship Programme, International Graduate Induction
- Knowledge and demonstratable experience of social media
- Previous experience of working in a complex, matrix, global environment
- Experience of managing data and production of reports
- The ability to work autonomously but also as part of a wider team
- Exceptional organisation skills
- Excellent time management skills
- High attention to detail
- Ability to deal with high volume work
- Ability to work under pressure
- Desire to innovate and constantly improve
DLA Piper is a global law firm with lawyers located in more than 40 countries throughout the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific. Our global reach ensures that we can help businesses with their legal needs anywhere in the world. We strive to be the leading global business law firm by delivering quality, service excellence and value to our clients and offering practical and innovative legal solutions to help them succeed. Our clients range from multinational, Global 1000, and Fortune 500 enterprises to emerging companies developing industry-leading technologies, as well as government and public sector bodies.
In everything we do connected with our People, our Clients and our Communities, we live by these values:
- Be Supportive – we are compassionate and inclusive, valuing diversity and acting thoughtfully
- Be Collaborative - we are proactive, passionate team players investing in our relationships
- Be Bold - we are fearless and inquisitive, challenging ourselves to think big and find creative new solutions
- Be Exceptional - we are strategic and driven, exceeding standards and expectations
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
At DLA Piper, diversity and inclusion underpins how we live our values and everything we do. We believe that everyone has a voice, and that everyone’s voice counts. We know that the rich diversity across our firm makes us stronger, more innovative and creative, which helps us to better serve our clients and communities. We are committed to providing an inclusive working environment and culture across our global firm, where everyone can bring their authentic self to work.
Diversity of perspective, thought, background and culture combine to make us the leading global law firm; that’s why we actively seek to build balanced teams. We welcome the unique contribution that you will bring to our firm and actively encourage applications from all talented people – however your talent is packaged, whatever your background or circumstance and regardless of how you identify.
We support anyone with a disability or long term health condition to ensure they have the opportunity to perform at their best. If you have not done so already, please let us know if you require any support so we can make the right adjustments and considerations should they be required.
We recognise that people have responsibilities and interests outside of their career and that as a business, we all benefit from working flexibly. That's why we are open to discussing with candidates the different ways in which we are able to support requests for agile working arrangements.
In the event that we make an offer to you, and where local legislation permits, we will conduct pre-engagement screening checks that may include but are not limited to your professional and academic qualifications, your eligibility to work in the relevant jurisdiction, any criminal records, your financial stability and references from previous employers.