DLA Piper have introduced a resourcing framework to improve efficiencies in how practice groups manage and allocate matters, and as a result we are looking for an experienced Resource Manager to be the point of contact dedicated to a practice group. The purpose of this role is to deal with day to day requests and support on the operational delivery of effective resource management.
This role is an addition to the relatively new Resourcing team, as part of the firm's investment in innovation and change. This person will be fully immersed into the team and relied on for staffing all resourcing demands, allocating work to the right people at the right time. Whilst this role will be focused on establishing resourcing into the team as BAU, they will also be expected to contribute to the success of encouraging a holistic resourcing function, working with the Legal Project Management group, Flexible Lawyering offering, and Legal Delivery Centre. This role is part of a growing function and therefore growth and opportunities to develop this role beyond this initial set of requirements will be encouraged.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Be accountable for the successful delivery of resourcing requests in a timely and efficient manner
- Monitor current and anticipated activity levels, capacity and matter staffing; and help smooth utilisation levels where required
- Work with lawyers to help ensure work is aligned to individual associate development needs and interests where possible
- Build strong relationships with stakeholders within the practice group, at all levels including Partners, acting as a trusted advisor
- Manage resourcing data generate insights and assist with resourcing decisions
- Provide forecast and actual utilisation and availability reports and other management information, as required
- Oversee analysis of business forecasting e.g. chargeable hours, utilisation, and proactively drive resourcing decisions
- Understand and maintain knowledge of individual skills, development needs, experiences and personal / professional aspirations and apply this knowledge in resourcing decisions
- Support the ongoing development of the resourcing framework and implementation of the concept across the firm as part of the overall Resourcing strategy
- Collaborating with other areas of the business and promoting Service Delivery offerings, such as, Legal Delivery Centre, Flexible Lawyer Service
- Proactivity in seeking opportunities to further promote and enhance the resourcing framework
- Contribute to conversations surrounding innovations to the framework including new solutions being discussed with both internal and external stakeholders
- Input into the strategic development of resource management firmwide
- Strong experience of dealing with resource allocation, ideally within a professional services environment
- Able to handle multiple priorities, working to sometimes conflicting timescales in a fast-paced and challenging environment
- Ability to respond to change and bring others along the change journey
- Able to build trust and rapport to develop effective relationships
- Able to learn the language of the business and apply this to resourcing conversations
- Resilient and pragmatic with strong commercial acumen
The Department / Practice Group
This person will sit within the Resourcing function, which is still relatively in it’s infancy. They will join a team of three existing Resourcing Managers and Senior Resource Manager who are looking to grow the function further. It is an exciting time to join at the start of a change journey for DLA Piper in introducing resource management. The role is newly created so there is a great opportunity to make your mark, and good prospects for development. The Resourcing team are committed to realising the aims of the firm’s strategic priorities.
DLA Piper is a global law firm with lawyers located in more than 40 countries throughout the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific. Our global reach ensures that we can help businesses with their legal needs anywhere in the world. We strive to be the leading global business law firm by delivering quality, service excellence and value to our clients and offering practical and innovative legal solutions to help them succeed. Our clients range from multinational, Global 1000, and Fortune 500 enterprises to emerging companies developing industry-leading technologies, as well as government and public sector bodies.
In everything we do connected with our People, our Clients and our Communities, we live by these values:
- Be Supportive – we are compassionate and inclusive, valuing diversity and acting thoughtfully
- Be Collaborative - we are proactive, passionate team players investing in our relationships
- Be Bold - we are fearless and inquisitive, challenging ourselves to think big and find creative new solutions
- Be Exceptional - we are strategic and driven, exceeding standards and expectations
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
At DLA Piper, diversity and inclusion underpins how we live our values and everything we do. We believe that everyone has a voice, and that everyone’s voice counts. We know that the rich diversity across our firm makes us stronger, more innovative and creative, which helps us to better serve our clients and communities. We are committed to providing an inclusive working environment and culture across our global firm, where everyone can bring their authentic self to work.
Diversity of perspective, thought, background and culture combine to make us the leading global law firm; that’s why we actively seek to build balanced teams. We welcome the unique contribution that you will bring to our firm and actively encourage applications from all talented people – however your talent is packaged, whatever your background or circumstance and regardless of how you identify.
We support anyone with a disability or long term health condition to ensure they have the opportunity to perform at their best. If you have not done so already, please let us know if you require any support so we can make the right adjustments and considerations should they be required.
We know that people have responsibilities and interests outside of their career and that as a business, we all benefit from working flexibly. That's why we are open to discussing with candidates the different ways in which we are able to support requests for agile working arrangements.
PRE ENGAGEMENT SCREENING
In the event that we make an offer to you, and where local legislation permits, we may conduct pre-engagement screening checks that may include but are not limited to your professional and academic qualifications, your eligibility to work in the relevant jurisdiction.