We currently have an exciting opportunity for an In-House Lawyer/Manager to take on a new and unique cross-departmental role, based in our growing global Data Privacy team.
The successful candidate will take the lead on identifying and advising on key terms in client contracts, including the best way to record and maintain the information from both a business process and technical point of view. This will involve working closely with other global teams in A&O, including Engagement Terms, Marketing and Business Development, IT and Information Security. They will also help to support critical business processes that rely on that information.
The role will include working with internal IT specialists to identify and utilise appropriate technology to host the database of key terms and migrating the information already gathered to that technology.
This role would suit a lawyer with two to five years’ post qualification experience including contract review, or a non-lawyer with three to six years contract review experience, in each case with experience of managing business change projects.
The key aspects of the role are
- supporting the work of the Data Privacy and Engagement Terms teams in this area
- establishing and maintaining good relations with key stakeholders and contributors
- coordinating internal review teams, where relevant, including designing briefing documents and playbooks for review processes
- developing and delivering training and communication plans
- creating and delivering presentations and reports
- helping to create and maintain relevant policies, guidance and pro-forma documentation
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- experience of managing business change projects to successful completion
- the ability to understand, accurately record and advise on detailed contractual terms
- excellent IT skills (Microsoft Office suite of applications and other software, such as eDiscovery software)
- a proven ability to work independently and proactively and to manage and prioritise a busy workload
- a proven ability to work well under pressure
- self-motivation and the ability to manage new and varied challenges
- excellent communication skills
- excellent attention to detail
- a collaborative approach and the ability to work well in a small team and on cross-departmental projects
- Experience of working in a risk function or equivalent
Should you require additional support at any stage of the recruitment process due to a disability or a health condition, please do not hesitate to contact a member of Allen & Overy’s recruitment team who will work with you to provide any reasonable adjustments as required.
We are an equal opportunities recruiter and do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or any other protected characteristic
At Allen & Overy, we recognise that our people are our most valuable asset, which is reflected in the wide range of benefits that are available to our employees. Some of these benefits include: our occupational pension scheme, group income protection cover, private medical insurance, mental health resources and free apps, health and wellbeing services encompassing an onsite gym, wellbeing centre and GP service, emergency back-up care support, parental and special leave, holiday entitlement increasing with length of service, holiday trading, season ticket loans and online discounts and lifestyle management services.
Allen & Overy recognises the value of flexible working and embraces hybrid working, allowing our people to work from home up to 40% of their working time. We do however remain committed to working together in person for the remaining 60% of time so that we can learn, grow and succeed together. If you would like additional flexibility we will of course consider this in line with business needs.
Additional information - External
Allen & Overy is a leading global law firm operating in over thirty countries. We work on some of the most challenging and important deals and have built a reputation for delivering exceptional legal solutions that help our clients grow, innovate and thrive. The legal industry is changing, and we're committed to leading that change, putting our people first, embracing new ways of thinking and integrating technology into our everyday work. Our business teams work hand-in-hand with our lawyers, Consultants and other specialist teams, and are ambitious, driven and leaders in their field.
With us, you will constantly be learning and growing. We invest in you by offering exceptional professional and personal development – providing training, mentoring and practical support. We offer rewarding careers that are built around your strengths and designed to ensure you can achieve your personal and professional goals, recognising that those may look different for everyone.
We have a powerful commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion. We’re determined to play our part in advancing a workplace where progress is made by harnessing our differences – whatever defines you, we ask you to bring your whole self to work.
What truly defines a career at Allen & Overy? We recruit the best and ask for the best of you. We provide challenge, support and a place for you to belong. And together we excel, working on meaningful projects of global significance.