We are currently recruiting for a Commercial Rates Analyst to join our Client Data & Onboarding team within Finance in London. This role will be responsible for the robustness and continued management of commercial rates held within 3E that ultimately drive client invoicing. This includes both ‘live’ maintenance and retroactive reviews of rates already in place.
This role works within the Client Data & Onboarding team, which has responsibility for the overall management and continual improvement of the client onboarding and client data processes from a Finance perspective. This team own the approaches and controls that ensure client data is maintained accurately and efficiently in our finance systems and within the various client / third party vendor systems.
It’s anticipated that this role will represent an SME for ‘Rates’ best practice and will subsequently be involved in ad hoc commercial projects as required.
Role and responsibilities
- Accurate upload of ‘client rate tables’ that inform invoicing for new / renewing global panel arrangements
- Ongoing maintenance of Rate structures for existing strategic client relationships (e.g. where Rates are informally indexed to Standard, or Engagement Terms allow for periodic rate increases)
- Ongoing maintenance of Timekeeper structures for existing strategic client relationship (e.g. matriculation restrictions, promotions, new / lapsing timekeepers)
- Help to develop ‘Best Practice’ for future ‘client rate tables’ maintenance / controls across the network
- Consult and maintain the CCD to ensure Rate / Timekeeper updates are clearly noted and available for use within other offices and teams
- Retrospective / regular reviews of current ‘client rate tables’ structures to ensure they are still fit for purpose
- Liaison with Pricing & Commercials team to report and challenge on suspected anomalies within invoicing structures
- Regular reporting on aggregated ‘client rate tables’ hierarchy; helps the Firm to better understand commercial opportunities and blind-spots with regards to future Standard Rate increases
- Ad hoc Rates analysis and query handling; acts as an SME for Rates initiatives across the network
- Excellent communicator; able to explain complex issues to financial or non-financial stakeholders
- An organised individual, able to design new working practices. Self-motivated and proactive approach to work
- Methodical and meticulous approach to solving difficult, sometimes ambiguous, problems
- Proactive, tenacious and investigative mindset; results-driven focus
- Collaborative, hands-on approach to ensure success across a team-based environment
- Strong time management skills; able to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines and targets
- Experience working in a global organisation with complex structures
- Excellent system skills, including excel, with an ability to analyse and manipulate large amounts of data
- Ability to quickly learn new IT systems
- Experience of legal invoicing process (systems / workflow)
- From a finance background with experience in managing client commercial arrangements
- Experience of 3e an advantage but not a requirement
- Experience of legal services third party e-billing systems an advantage but not a requirement
Should you require additional support at any stage of the recruitment process due to a disability or a health condition, please do not hesitate to contact a member of Allen & Overy’s recruitment team who will work with you to provide any reasonable adjustments as required.
We are an equal opportunities recruiter and do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or any other protected characteristic
At Allen & Overy, we recognise that our people are our most valuable asset, which is reflected in the wide range of benefits that are available to our employees. Some of these benefits include: our occupational pension scheme, group income protection cover, private medical insurance, mental health resources and free apps, health and wellbeing services encompassing an onsite gym, wellbeing centre and GP service, emergency back-up care support, parental and special leave, holiday entitlement increasing with length of service, holiday trading, season ticket loans and online discounts and lifestyle management services.
Allen & Overy recognises the value of flexible working and embraces hybrid working, allowing our people to work from home up to 40% of their working time. We do however remain committed to working together in person for the remaining 60% of time so that we can learn, grow and succeed together. If you would like additional flexibility we will of course consider this in line with business needs.
Additional information - External
Allen & Overy is a leading global law firm operating in over thirty countries. We work on some of the most challenging and important deals and have built a reputation for delivering exceptional legal solutions that help our clients grow, innovate and thrive. The legal industry is changing, and we're committed to leading that change, putting our people first, embracing new ways of thinking and integrating technology into our everyday work. Our business teams work hand-in-hand with our lawyers, Consultants and other specialist teams, and are ambitious, driven and leaders in their field.
With us, you will constantly be learning and growing. We invest in you by offering exceptional professional and personal development – providing training, mentoring and practical support. We offer rewarding careers that are built around your strengths and designed to ensure you can achieve your personal and professional goals, recognising that those may look different for everyone.
We have a powerful commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion. We’re determined to play our part in advancing a workplace where progress is made by harnessing our differences – whatever defines you, we ask you to bring your whole self to work.
What truly defines a career at Allen & Overy? We recruit the best and ask for the best of you. We provide challenge, support and a place for you to belong. And together we excel, working on meaningful projects of global significance.