We currently have a great opportunity for a Power Platform Specialist to join our Data & Workflow Platform Team in London on a permanent basis.
The purpose of the Data & Workflow Platform Team is to enable the use of data and low-code tools to build simple, intelligent technology solutions for lawyers at the firm. The team is responsible for connecting data through the end-to-end matter lifecycle and across the functional domain silos of Finance, HR, Marketing, Legal Work and Knowledge to provide a richer data experience. Central to the vision of the team is the implementation of a Trusted Data Platform (TDP) that will surface accurate, consistent and well-described data assets for use by application developers, reporting teams and data scientists. Our success is measured through agreed KPIs, Partner feedback on streamlined business processes and the adoption of the trusted data platform in the technology strategy of Finance, Marketing, HR, Business Services and Legal Tech.
What you’ll do in this role
Work with stakeholders, colleagues and suppliers to manage the power platform offering;
- Develop, maintain and extend applications using the Power Platform including data integrations
- Participate in agile ceremonies such as sprint planning, retrospectives and demos
- Plan and deploy effective software release contributing to all parts of the software development lifecycle
- Share knowledge within the team and department with a collaborative mind-set
Provide technical know-how as the firm-wide subject matter expert;
- Ensure necessary service management protocols are in place and effective, including interfaces with internal IT departments
- Facilitate the handover and support of developed applications to the relevant IT Support teams and provide on-going operational support where required
Promote, develop and improve the Power Platform offering;
- Work with internal stakeholders to increase awareness and understanding of the Power Platform
- Publicise successes with effective communications
- Instil a continuous improvement mind-set in the working practices of the team
You should apply if you
- Have built durable, global solutions on the Power Platform using various components including; Canvas apps; model driven apps and Power Apps Portals / Power Pages
- Experience with Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) for Power Apps Development within a Azure DevOps environment
- Understand agile approaches to technology delivery and have experience in scrum development methodologies and tools
- Believe that data-enabled solutions can transform operations at the firm
- Have a strong strategic and analytical approach to problem solving
- Can demonstrate delivery of technology-enabled projects
- Are comfortable with influencing business stakeholders
- Can work effectively in a dynamic, fast-moving environment
- Have a proactive attitude to self-improvement and working as a team
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
You will stand out if you bring
- A development background or Low / No-code development platform experience
- Experience with Dynamics 365 development / customizations
- Experience of working in a global law firm or regulated industry
- A growth mind-set
- A feel for UX design and app UI creation
Should you require additional support at any stage of the recruitment process due to a disability or a health condition, please do not hesitate to contact a member of Allen & Overy’s recruitment team who will work with you to provide any reasonable adjustments as required.
We are an equal opportunities recruiter and do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or any other protected characteristic
At Allen & Overy, we recognise that our people are our most valuable asset, which is reflected in the wide range of benefits that are available to our employees. Some of these benefits include: our occupational pension scheme, group income protection cover, private medical insurance, mental health resources and free apps, health and wellbeing services encompassing an onsite gym, wellbeing centre and GP service, emergency back-up care support, parental and special leave, holiday entitlement increasing with length of service, holiday trading, season ticket loans and online discounts and lifestyle management services.
Allen & Overy recognises the value of flexible working and embraces hybrid working, allowing our people to work from home up to 40% of their working time. We do however remain committed to working together in person for the remaining 60% of time so that we can learn, grow and succeed together. If you would like additional flexibility we will of course consider this in line with business needs.
Additional information - External
Allen & Overy is a leading global law firm operating in over thirty countries. We work on some of the most challenging and important deals and have built a reputation for delivering exceptional legal solutions that help our clients grow, innovate and thrive. The legal industry is changing, and we're committed to leading that change, putting our people first, embracing new ways of thinking and integrating technology into our everyday work. Our business teams work hand-in-hand with our lawyers, Consultants and other specialist teams, and are ambitious, driven and leaders in their field.
With us, you will constantly be learning and growing. We invest in you by offering exceptional professional and personal development – providing training, mentoring and practical support. We offer rewarding careers that are built around your strengths and designed to ensure you can achieve your personal and professional goals, recognising that those may look different for everyone.
We have a powerful commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion. We’re determined to play our part in advancing a workplace where progress is made by harnessing our differences – whatever defines you, we ask you to bring your whole self to work.
What truly defines a career at Allen & Overy? We recruit the best and ask for the best of you. We provide challenge, support and a place for you to belong. And together we excel, working on meaningful projects of global significance.