We are currently recruiting for a Finance Data & Information Analyst to join our Finance team in the London office. This role will support the delivery of information solutions to the decision makers and Finance clients by:
- Investigating and understand data sources through data analysis and interpret findings to the wider group finance team
- Troubleshoot data related queries and suggesting remedial action
- Maintaining data governance best practice and promoting use with the wider team
- Working alongside other groups in the Finance Systems teams, develop and maintaining reporting solutions required by the business
- Partnering with other data professionals within A&O to deliver enhanced data integration and reporting capability within the organisation
Role and responsibilities
- Develop operational knowledge of Finance and other systems to understand the data transformation used by management and financial reporting
- Support and advise on reporting data related queries that originate from within the Finance System Team
- Work on projects with others such as Finance Systems Technical Architect to streamline and rationalise the Finance data architecture
- Collaborate with IT colleagues on enterprise data sharing initiatives and prepare data analytics when required
- Work on projects that involve sharing or use of Finance data with external third parties, such as SaaS providers
- Understand the appropriate data security principles and ensure they are applied to Finance data, whether delivered in Finance-managed systems or not
- Attend the Data Quality Assurance group, with input from across Finance Systems team, and help implement recommendations
- Contribute and help to maintain Data Dictionary documentation
- Cooperate with Business Analysts and other related teams to support the creation of new data sources and attributes
- Develop and modify financial reports using Microsoft BI stack, including Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services
- Unit test and debug work product as required
- Document delivered solutions throughout the process, including data analysis, system applications and user interface requirements
- Maintain a good knowledge of current data analytic tools and products
- Strong SQL skills essential
- Ability to build SQL scripts and/or stored procedures within Microsoft SQL Server environment used by the reporting tools
- Experience of end-to-end delivery of BI report solutions
- A creative and experimental approach to report delivery
- Proven track record of working with a data governance model
- Useful, but not essential, to have worked with finance data
- Technical writing experience, including ability to prepare clear data specifications and supporting administration guides
- Ability to convey data delivery methodology other team members
- Good interpersonal and communication skills to facilitate gathering and interpreting requirements from an international team
- Flexibility to handle multiple projects simultaneously and manage own work load on a day-to-day basis
- Willingness to collaborate with others to achieve success as a team
- Basic understanding of the key financial drivers of a professional services organisation
- Initiative and desire to get the job done to a high standard
Should you require additional support at any stage of the recruitment process due to a disability or a health condition, please do not hesitate to contact a member of Allen & Overy’s recruitment team who will work with you to provide any reasonable adjustments as required.
We are an equal opportunities recruiter and do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or any other protected characteristic
At Allen & Overy, we recognise that our people are our most valuable asset, which is reflected in the wide range of benefits that are available to our employees. Some of these benefits include: our occupational pension scheme, group income protection cover, private medical insurance, mental health resources and free apps, health and wellbeing services encompassing an onsite gym, wellbeing centre and GP service, emergency back-up care support, parental and special leave, holiday entitlement increasing with length of service, holiday trading, season ticket loans and online discounts and lifestyle management services.
Allen & Overy recognises the value of flexible working and embraces hybrid working, allowing our people to work from home up to 40% of their working time. We do however remain committed to working together in person for the remaining 60% of time so that we can learn, grow and succeed together. If you would like additional flexibility we will of course consider this in line with business needs.
Additional information - External
Allen & Overy is a leading global law firm operating in over thirty countries. We work on some of the most challenging and important deals and have built a reputation for delivering exceptional legal solutions that help our clients grow, innovate and thrive. The legal industry is changing, and we're committed to leading that change, putting our people first, embracing new ways of thinking and integrating technology into our everyday work. Our business teams work hand-in-hand with our lawyers, Consultants and other specialist teams, and are ambitious, driven and leaders in their field.
With us, you will constantly be learning and growing. We invest in you by offering exceptional professional and personal development – providing training, mentoring and practical support. We offer rewarding careers that are built around your strengths and designed to ensure you can achieve your personal and professional goals, recognising that those may look different for everyone.
We have a powerful commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion. We’re determined to play our part in advancing a workplace where progress is made by harnessing our differences – whatever defines you, we ask you to bring your whole self to work.
What truly defines a career at Allen & Overy? We recruit the best and ask for the best of you. We provide challenge, support and a place for you to belong. And together we excel, working on meaningful projects of global significance.