CMS are looking for a dedicated experienced Paralegal to join our Legal Services Unit. This Paralegal role will be focussed on supporting our thriving Real Estate team. This is a full time position and it will be based in Sheffield or Manchester office.
CMS is a Future Facing firm. With 75 offices in 43 countries and 4,800+ lawyers worldwide, we combine deep sector understanding with a global overview, giving us the ability not only to see what's coming, but to shape it.
CMS is well equipped to help our clients face the future with confidence. We are driven by technology and readily embrace the possibilities it opens up for developing new and better ways of delivering legal services. Our bold approach to a changing future ensures that we nurture our employees and recruit top talent.
About the Role
CMS is seeking an experienced Real Estate Paralegal to join our Legal Services Unit. The role is to support the UK Real Estate team at CMS who provide advice in property investment and development, planning and disputes and our clients include large development companies, banks, pension funds, private investors and retail funds.
Responsibilities will include:
- Managing a busy caseload of transactions, for example dealing with short term leases, licences to occupy, licences to assign, licences for alterations, surrenders, deeds of variation/easement and rent reviews;
- Managing straightforward purchases and sales (including auction sales and residential plot sales) and supporting larger / complex / portfolio purchases and sales, including the routine project management, title and tenancy diligence and preparation for completion;
- Carrying out title and occupational lease review exercises and preparing/assisting with the preparation of reports/certificates of title;
- Assisting with file opening procedures including preparing first draft of retainer letter and ensuring compliance with money laundering regulations;
- Set up and management of data rooms;
- Assistance with completion and post-completion registrations, forms, filing and client signing / reporting requirements.
We are looking for a Real Estate Paralegal, with experience of working within a Real Estate legal environment. You will have a keen eye for detail with the ability to use your initiative whilst working on multiple tasks. You will have excellent organisational and time management skills and the ability to prioritise conflicting deadlines. You must be an enthusiastic individual with a strong academic background. Exceptional communication skills are also necessary, as is the ability to work well in a team.
A degree in law or equivalent qualification is preferred, but not essential. Alternatively, you may be working towards CILEX qualification.
At CMS, a next-generation mindset is woven into all we do. We're diverse, supportive and inclusive, embracing our corporate social responsibility and creating a culture of sustainability in which every one of our people, whatever their background, can maximise their potential and thrive. For further information about CMS' diversity initiatives and programmes, please view the pages on our website.
Please apply online or contact a member of the Talent Acquisition team if you have any questions. For information regarding our competitive range of benefits please visit our page on our website.
Please note that CMS have a preferred agency panel in place. Only applications submitted via the portal at the point of instruction will be accepted.