We currently have a fantastic opportunity for a AV Technician to join our Client Services team in London! 35 hours per week, Monday - Friday. Shift rota between 07:00 - 19:00. Occasional out of hours & weekend work.
In this role you will be responsible for the delivery of comprehensive, efficient and error free service provision that meets the needs of the firm, covering both internal / external clients within client facing and internal meeting and training rooms within the London head office.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- To identify areas of improvement and achieve the optimum balance and integration of service across the offices, devising and implementing appropriate changes whilst ensuring client needs are fully met.
- Configure, test, monitor, and troubleshoot teleconferencing equipment, multimedia devices, televisions, monitors, projectors, recording equipment, speaker sets, digital cameras/camcorders, and other presentation equipment for meetings and events dealing with all technical aspects.
- Receive and respond to incoming calls, alerts and/or e-mails regarding AV software/hardware problems within recognised timeframes.
- Perform onsite analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of complex AV hardware problems for a variety of end users, and recommend and implement corrective solutions, including offsite repair as needed.
- Document instances of AV equipment failure, repair, installation, and removal.
- Build and maintain a spare parts inventory for all AV equipment.
- Handle incoming booking requests for AV equipment and setup in conjunction with the Advanced Bookings team.
- Troubleshoot AV issues using the appropriate testing tools; make basic repairs as necessary.
- Tag or label AV equipment owned by the organization; periodically audit inventories to mitigate risk of damage or theft.
- Support as required to produce, dub, edit, and copy all AV media, uploading this to Vimeo and the local Intranet.
- Develop effective external/internal client relationships, acting as the key point of contact, initially meeting and discussing AV/VC requirements, organising and preparing equipment and presentation proceedings, supporting such presentations as required, trouble shooting defects and providing first line breakdown and basic maintenance support of AV equipment.
- Develop opportunities within the AV Services to add value, working closely with Facilities team and support departments and suppliers as required.
- Provide on-going training to internal staff and assist with preparing training material.
- Previous practical experience in an AV or IT/communications environment.
- Advanced understanding and technical competence of current telecommunications technology, with specific reference to VoIP and unified messaging technologies
- Knowledge of desktop operating systems and application deployment techniques
- Understanding and ability to support telephone systems, mobile connectivity /communications, programming and operation
- Technical understanding and ability to fault find and problem solve various types of video conferencing and general AV hardware/kit in meeting rooms
- Join a global, innovative and forward thinking firm;
- 25 days annual leave entitlement and the opportunity to purchase or roll over 5 days;
- Up to 5 days' carers/parental leave per year;
- Contributory pension of up to 5%;
- Private healthcare;
- Death in service cover (4 x base salary);
- Eligibility to apply for an interest free season ticket loan, an interest free gym membership loan and/or an interest free rental deposit loan;
- Cycle to work scheme;
- Access to training and development to refresh or enhance your current skillset;
For any queries or for a copy of the full job description then please contact our in-house recruiter Glenn Wilshaw. Please note we only accept CVs that are logged on the Recruitment portal.
At Pinsent Masons we value diversity and inclusion. We are committed to creating a better workplace where all our talent can succeed and feel like they belong. We want to attract, retain and develop people at all levels and encourage applications from all suitably qualified candidates whatever your ethnicity, religion, age, physical or mental disability/ long term condition, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or any other characteristics protected by local law in the jurisdictions in which we operate.