We are currently looking to recruit a talented Projects lawyer with 5+ PQE to join our expanding Construction and Projects Solutions (CAPS) Team in Leeds.
Our Leeds Team
Pinsent Masons LLP’s market-leading practice in Leeds is jointly overseen by Melanie Grimmitt, who is also the energy global sector head, and Stacey Collins, who is described by clients as 'excellent', and as “an authority on 'Net Zero Carbon' issues”. In the waste to energy and wider bioenergy sector, John Bruce is a key name in the team with over a decade of experience.
The team is a tier 1 practice with an unrivalled reputation in acting for employers, developers, funders, project companies, contractors, consultants and insurers. The team acts for many of the UK's top 50 contractors, an impressive range of private and public sector clients (including universities, developers, institutional funders and government departments). Our transactional construction lawyers act on both UK, and international matters, across the sectors including real estate, energy (nuclear, renewables, conventional and oil and gas), infrastructure, waste, education, transport and health
Key Clients Include:
- Renew Holdings Plc
- Drax Group Plc
- EPH Group
- Amey Group Plc
- Hanson Group
- E ON A.G. Group
- RWE A.G. Group
- BH EnergyGap Group
- Cyden Homes Limited
- Balfour Beatty Group
- Ørsted Group
- Acting for Wheelabrator as developer of a £350m project financed merchant energy from waste plant in West Bromwich.
- Advising Flogas in relation to its project to convert the National Grid liquefied natural gas (LNG) facility at Avonmouth into a liquefied petroleum gas (LPG) storage terminal.
- Advising BP Exploration Operating Company Limited on the consenting of Net Zero Teesside project, its carbon capture, usage and storage project which aims to decarbonise a cluster of carbon-intensive industries by 2030.
What our clients say:
‘This team is second to none in terms of knowledge of the industry and expertise.’
‘Stacey Collins in particular is an excellent practitioner with deep commercial and legal expertise.’
‘A very joined up, knowledgeable and approachable team. They offer concise and user-friendly advice and great value for money on fees. The team members are down to earth and pragmatic and we enjoy working with them.’
The Candidate Required
We are now looking to appoint an ambitious qualified lawyer who wishes to advance their abilities in construction & projects, and knowledge at a top tier international law practice.
The successful applicant will:
- ideally have gained experience in a large commercial firm and have completed work in construction, projects or similar
- have a strong academic background and excellent communication and organisational skills
- have good commercial awareness and is client focused
- be a team player with the ability to forge strong working relationships with colleagues in an agile environment
- be well-organised and have good project management skills
To apply for this role
Should you require further details, please contact our in-house Recruitment Advisor Haseeb who can discuss the role and requirements.
At Pinsent Masons we value diversity and inclusion. We are committed to creating a better workplace where all our talent can succeed and feel like they belong. We want to attract, retain and develop people at all levels and encourage applications from all suitably qualified candidates whatever your ethnicity, religion, age, physical or mental disability/ long term condition, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or any other characteristics protected by local law in the jurisdictions in which we operate.