CONSTRUCTION AND PROJECTS LAWYER (SENIOR ASSOCIATE) 6 PQE+ – LONDON
We are currently looking to recruit a 6 PQE+ lawyer to join our Construction and Projects Team as a Senior Associate.
We have an unrivalled reputation in acting for employers, developers, sponsors, funders, project companies, contractors, consultants and insurers. We act for over half of the UK's top 50 contractors, a large number of the top contractors worldwide and an impressive range of private and public sector clients. Our team act across the sectors including infrastructure and energy (nuclear, renewables, conventional and oil and gas), transport, real estate, waste, water, education and health.
Key Clients include:
- Nearly all the major tier one construction companies in the UK and many global contractors: Balfour Beatty, Kier, VINCI, Ferrovial, Amey, Morgan Sindall, Mace.
- Many financial and institutional investors: Lloyds, Barclays, Nat West, EIB, Equitix, Abrdn.
- Major energy suppliers and stakeholders such as EDF, Scottish Power, Statkraft.
- Government, local authority and utility sponsors, including National Highways, Ministry of Justice, Southern Water.
We are ranked top of the table for construction work in the legal directories and have a roster of awards for the work that we do in this field. We have the largest specialist team of infrastructure lawyers in the world, so you would be joining a large, collegiate team of people who live and breathe projects and construction work. We have been privileged to work and continue to work on the largest and most iconic projects in the world, from the Channel Tunnel, London Underground, Olympics 2012, Crossrail, the Gautrain, Dubai Expo, Hinkley, HS2, Dublin Metro. At the opposite end of the spectrum, we have worked on smaller scale but equally important schemes, including local authority accommodation and highways work or micro power generation projects in Africa.
A key aspect of our work is the sheer breadth of the work that we do and the diversity of the people that we work with.
The Candidate Required
The successful applicant will have a strong grounding in construction and projects work. The team's pipeline is such that the opportunity would best suit a candidate well versed in infrastructure and energy related transactional construction and projects work. This candidate may have the opportunity of exposure to both construction and projects work so experience and flexibility in that regard is an advantage. A successful applicant should have some experience working with junior lawyers and be able to guide them. They will also have previously been involved in client and business development.
The successful candidate will:
- have gained experience in a large commercial firm or in-house legal team;
- be a team player, able to forge strong working relationships with colleagues in an agile environment;
- be technically strong and exercise good commercial judgment;
- have the interpersonal skills necessary for this client-facing role.
The role is wide-ranging, will focus on and include:
- developing on-going relationships with an existing client base as well as pitching for new opportunities;
- developing close working relationships as part of an international team;
- the opportunity to be involved in work in the very best and high profile national and international projects and construction work, working across a number of our key sectors (infrastructure, energy, real estate and financial services).
- Will have a chance to get involved with client development and business development
What will we offer you?
- We are a market leading, dynamic and growing global team who work together to produce outstanding results for our clients.
- We invest in our team and have a first-class training and career development programme. Our training reflects our position as a market leader in communications and sourcing. Our training will assist you to develop as a specialist with valuable sector knowledge and the ability to deliver "best in class" services.
- Early responsibility and opportunities to develop client relationships.
About the Firm
Pinsent Masons is a global 100 law firm, with over 3,400 employees operating out of 26 locations across Europe, Asia Pacific, Africa and the Middle East. We have a long-standing reputation for delivering high-quality legal advice rooted in a deep understanding of the sectors and geographies in which our clients operate. Our global reach ensures that we are well-placed to advise on complex multi-jurisdictional matters across a full range of legal disciplines.
The firm has significant multinational credentials in the financial services, energy, infrastructure, real estate and technology, science and industry sectors. Services provided across these sectors include asset management and investment funds, corporate and M&A, commercial, competition, litigation and arbitration, banking, restructuring, insurance, regulatory, construction, projects, pensions, property, planning and environmental, procurement, outsourcing, employment, share plans and incentives, technology and tax advice.
We champion change and promote progress to make business work better for people. Pinsent Masons has embedded a range of diversity and inclusion initiatives to create an environment in which its people can flourish. We operate an agile working scheme, which offers our employees flexibility in terms of where, and how, they work.
We stand out for our innovative approach to service delivery. For example, the firm has developed a number of in-house legal technology and project management solutions, operates a hub of freelance lawyers, called Vario, and a global Diversity and Inclusion consultancy, Brook Graham. Put simply, we offer a range of professional disciplines to our clients, enabled by our people, process and technology.
Pinsent Masons has achieved more tier 1 rankings in The Legal 500 UK guide than any other firm, won the "Law Firm of the Year Award 2021 – Legal Business" and is recognised among the most innovative law firms in Europe by the Financial Times. The firm has been recognised as a leading lesbian, gay, bi and trans employer by LGBT charity Stonewall in its Top Global Employers Index 2020 for the fifth consecutive year. Please click here to view full list of our global awards and nominations - www.pinsentmasons.com/accolades
Should you require further details, please contact our Advisor Haseeb who can discuss the role and requirements.
At Pinsent Masons we value diversity and inclusion. We are committed to creating a better workplace where all our talent can succeed and feel like they belong. We want to attract, retain and develop people at all levels and encourage applications from all suitably qualified candidates whatever your ethnicity, religion, age, physical or mental disability/long term condition, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or any other characteristics protected by local law in the jurisdictions in which we operate.