We are looking to recruit a talented e.Data Advisor with 5-10 years’ client facing eDiscovery experience to join our UK based e.Data team.
The opportunity is to join small, growing, strategically important fee earning and support function in the firm. The firm’s Risk Advisory Solutions team is one of the biggest Business Groups in the firm, and resources contentious advice work, tribunals of all descriptions, enquiries, and so on – across all of our global offices. eDiscovery is important, and increasingly so, in all such contentious matters.
We require further resource to supplement the e.Data adviser and lawyer team responsible for the whole spectrum of e.Data support in contentious matters, to include – for example - managing our pre-qualified panel of external suppliers; advising colleagues and clients on e.Data strategies; and supporting data collection, review, analysis and disclosure.
The candidate will be based in the regions, will work with a team spread principally across London, the English regions, and central belt Scotland; and will resource work across the UK, mainland Europe, APAC and the Middle East. They will work principally with two RAS partners, two Senior e.Data advisers, an e.Data advisers and secondees (also based in the UK), our external panel, and the cross-firm e.Data hub.
We are looking to recruit a talented e.Data Advisor with 5 -10 years’ client facing eDiscovery experience to join our UK based e.Data team. The successful candidate will demonstrate/be:
- Proven experience within the eDiscovery industry with a strong technical understanding of Review Platforms
- Understanding of the legal framework of eDiscovery, protocols, practices, and relevant legal standards, and the application of eDiscovery in contentious matters.
- A full, practical understanding of the EDRM
- Maintain a good understanding of eDiscovery, market competitors and the tools used to support the industry
- Experience working for, or with eDiscovery suppliers, consultancies, or in-house eDiscovery functions
- Experience of working with review platforms, technology assisted review and analytics tools such as, but not limited to, Relativity, Brainspace and NexLP
- Have experience of setting up and reporting on eDiscovery reviews, assisting with the management of these reviews where necessary
- Working with the Pinsent Masons matter teams and clients be able to identify, analyse and define project requirements
- Able to define and understand project activities, their sequence, dependencies, effort required and the likely time it will take
- Work with our Senior E.Data Advisors and the rest of the Pinsent Masons’ services team to provide a best in class service for our clients
- Enthusiastic and a team player
- Self starter, commercially aware and client focused
- Excellent communication, organisational skills with the ability to multitask
- Strong project management skills, with the ability to take on board instructions provided in written or oral form
- Flexibility and adaptability to deal with a changing and growing workload
- Strong problem solving, analytical and logic skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Be creative in solving problems
- Develop an understanding of Pinsent Mason eDiscovery workflows
- Be able to work within timelines and budgets
- Provide quality, accuracy, and timely responses to requests
- Able to ask for assistance when/where appropriate
- Ability to build positive and professional relationships at all levels internally and externally
- Have an interest and experience in continuous improvement, and want to be part of the solution
- International and cross border experience (this is not a necessity but would be welcomed)
- RCA (this is not a necessity but would be welcomed)
Pinsent Masons has achieved more tier 1 rankings in The Legal 500 UK guide than any other firm, won the "Law Firm of the Year Award 2019 – Legal Business" for the second time and is recognised among the most innovative law firms in Europe by the Financial Times. Pinsent Masons was also named Law Firm of the Year 2018 by The Lawyer, and is ranked No 4 on the UK Stonewall Workplace Equality Index 2020 and named as one of Stonewall’s Top Global Employers 2020.
Should you require further details, please contact our in house Lateral Recruitment Advisor Haseeb Khan who can discuss the role and requirements
At Pinsent Masons we value diversity and inclusion. We are committed to creating a better workplace where all our talent can succeed and feel like they belong. We want to attract, retain and develop people at all levels and encourage applications from all suitably qualified candidates whatever your ethnicity, religion, age, physical or mental disability/ long term condition, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or any other characteristics protected by local law in the jurisdictions in which we operate.