SENIOR DEVELOPMENT OPERATIONS ENGINEER (AZURE) - Birmingham or Glasgow
At Pinsent Masons, exemplary client delivery and service is at the forefront of everything we do. To help us build functional systems that improve the digital experience of our lawyers and clients, we are looking for an experienced Azure Development Operations Engineer to join the team.
This senior role will be responsible for leading the design, development, and maintenance of our DevOps infrastructure on Azure. It will also support the release of new features and products across our main development platforms.
This is an excellent opportunity to be a technical leader in an expanding product division, and to collaborate with software engineers, product owners and other technical specialists on new capabilities, practices, and opportunities.
This role is based within the Software Engineering team reporting to the Software Engineering Manager. Preferred locations for the role are Birmingham or Glasgow.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead the management and development of DevOps infrastructure to facilitate the reliable and rapid delivery of new features and solutions.
- Engage across stakeholders on the technical strategy and design of CI\CD pipelines underlying the firm’s digital business platform.
- Establish, maintain, and report on key platform metrics: across security, performance, and reliability.
- Schedule and perform platform software upgrades.
- Lead relevant investigations into problems, and coordinate on agreeing appropriate resolutions.
- Support continuous improvement by investigating alternative designs and technologies in collaboration with architecture team.
- Build relationships with third party applications software development and engineering teams to gain an understanding of application architectures and required functionality.
- Work with database team to design, develop, and update databases as they relate to applications.
- In conjunction with the Product Engineering Q&A team, design, run and monitor software performance tests on new and existing programs for the purposes of correcting errors, isolating areas for improvement, and general debugging
The successful candidate must have a background in software engineering, be experienced in building Azure DevOps environments, and have many of the following preferred skills:
- Azure infrastructure fundamentals.
- Azure DevOps CI\CD pipelines.
- Azure Web App deployments.
- Docker and container technology.
- WAF technologies: Azure Front Door, Cloudflare.
- Azure scripting, leveraging PowerShell, C#, or Python.
- MS PowerApps suite.
- Indexing technologies such as Solr.
- RDBMS Platforms: SQL Server, Postgres.
What can we offer you?
- Agile working i.e. the opportunity to work from home, subject to diary commitments;
- 25 days' annual leave entitlement and the opportunity to purchase or roll over 5 days;
- The ability to claim up to 5 days towards parental or caring responsibilities;
- Contributory pension of up to 5%;
- Private healthcare;
- Death in service cover (4 x base salary);
- Eligibility to apply for an interest free season ticket loan, an interest free gym membership loan and/or an interest free rental deposit loan;
- Cycle to work scheme;
- We envisage this role being full time, however, we are open to considering flexible working arrangements.
For any queries or for a copy of the full job description, please contact our in-house recruiter, Sim Dhonsi. Please note we only accept CVs that are logged on the Recruitment portal.
At Pinsent Masons we value diversity and inclusion. We are committed to creating a better workplace where all our talent can succeed and feel like they belong. We want to attract, retain and develop people at all levels and encourage applications from all suitably qualified candidates whatever your ethnicity, religion, age, physical or mental disability/ long term condition, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or any other characteristics protected by local law in the jurisdictions in which we operate.