Ashurst is a leading progressive global law firm with a rich history, celebrating its bicentenary in 2022. We are proud of our history and are future-focused, having expanded into new technologies through our NewLaw division, Ashurst Advance, and our consulting arm. Our in-depth understanding of our clients and commitment to providing excellent standards of service have seen us become a trusted adviser to local and global corporates, financial institutions and governments in all areas of commercial law. To find out more please visit www.ashurst.com.
As Senior Bid Executive in the Global Bid team and Bid Operations function, you will be responsible for providing critical bid support for the end-to-end bid process and management strategy. Focusing on formal bid requests (RFIs, EOIs, PQQs etc.), proposals, fee quotes and complex capability statements, you will be an integral part of the Global Bid team. You will lead the development of bid responses in collaboration with Global Bid team members, business development, Partners and other stakeholders by developing leading and persuasive bid content for each requirement and client. Supporting bids throughout the process to ensure bid excellence, you will contribute to the strategic growth of the firm through new and existing business wins.
The Senior Bid Executive will report to and work closely with the Bid Operations Manager and will be an integral member of the Global Bid Team and wider business development function.
- Lead the bid process to ensure best practice bid responses are developed for individual client requirements.
- Work with fee-earners and BD team members to define the bid strategy with a clear value proposition and win themes for critical and strategic bids.
- Managing the end-to-end bid process within the Global Bid team, working collaboratively with all members of the firm.
- Lead the writing, reviewing, proof reading and amendment support to bid responses for improved internal compliance.
- Monitor and promote bid best practice regarding writing style and tone while being compliant to individual client bid requirements or restrictions.
- Support the Head of Bids to deliver all bid activity at the highest standards of quality and excellence.
- Support bid client research, stakeholder briefings and reports on major and complex bids.
- Contribute to the design of graphical elements for written proposals, such as operating models, value propositions and complex themes.
- Provide critical support for the firm's preferred bid technology for the creation and delivery of bids.
- Deliver the firm's content management strategy by developing and writing leading content for our content library.
- Monitor usage of written content through our bid technology and provide guidance on improvements and spot data/content gaps.
- Analyse bid response feedback against written responses to support the improvement of overall quality, win rates, activity and spot to trends.
Risk and Control: Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with our regulatory requirements and internal policies.
Essential skills and experience:
- Excellent bid management capability. Experience of proposal writing and management in either a legal, professional services or other relevant environment, and experience of producing written content for proposals. Extremely strong bid process knowledge, writing and project management skills; able to transform technical information into clear, compelling, succinct content for proposals to various audience types (including public sector (government/councils), banks, financial institutions and corporates).
- Ability to put yourself in the "client's shoes" by identifying "hot buttons". Able to successfully articulate differentiators, benefits and win themes. Good grasp of bid best practice as it relates to written proposals, especially the requirement to focus content on the customer/client (their needs and concerns) rather than Ashurst.
- Excellent organisational abilities and time management. Experience of using and managing a bid library and/or pitch automation system, and coordinating inputs from multiple stakeholders (including technical subject matter experts as well as business development teams).
- Exceptional eye for detail, able to spot errors and inconsistencies, i.e. strong proofreading skills.
- Highly competent user of the Microsoft Office suite, including advanced Word and PowerPoint skills.
- Self-motivated; comfortable working autonomously to deliver the objectives of the role with limited day-to-day supervision.
- Team player, with a strong service ethic and a desire to add value to the firm by improving the quality and usability of bid content.
- Keen eye for detail and design, able to improve the visual impact and aesthetic properties of proposal materials.
- Qualified to degree level or equivalent (preferably English or other arts/humanities degree).
Desired skills and experience:
- Experience of bid library/pitch automation software systems.
- Familiarity with SharePoint.
- Experience of helping to embed and develop a new bid library system.
- An understanding of legal practices, products and the legal competitive landscape, gained from previous experience within the legal sector.
- Experience of having worked in the professional services sector, a partnership or other complex, global environment.
- An understanding of different bid cultures and customers, with bid writing experience across geographies and to a variety of customers (e.g. government, financial services, banks, funds, corporates).
In order to comply with regulatory and client requirements, Ashurst will undertake appropriate vetting of staff. When applicants accept a job offer, Ashurst, alongside a specialist provider, will undertake professional verification and background checks. These checks are only undertaken with consent, and in accordance with our legal and regulatory obligations.