Ashurst is a leading progressive global law firm with a rich history, celebrating its bicentenary in 2022. We are proud of our history and are future-focused, having expanded into new technologies through our NewLaw division, Ashurst Advance, and our consulting arm. Our in-depth understanding of our clients and commitment to providing excellent standards of service have seen us become a trusted adviser to local and global corporates, financial institutions and governments in all areas of commercial law. To find out more please visit www.ashurst.com.
We are looking for an experienced senior Business Analyst to join our Service Excellence team in Ashurst Service Central (ASC), a shared services division of Ashurst, during an exciting period of digital service transformation.
The successful candidate will be an experienced Business Analyst, preferably with product management experience, that will help to spearhead the overall vision and roadmap for the Cherwell Service Management application within ASC. At the same time, there will be a requirement to partner with colleagues in our IT and programme teams to support the continued expansion of the product across ASC. The role provides an excellent opportunity for a motivated individual to explore and shape the future of ASC's customer service delivery through technology.
We're looking for someone who can bring technical service management experience, working in an agile manner, to be responsible for coordinating the configuration of Cherwell for ASC along with ongoing maintenance. The role holder will be required to support the achievement of ASC's service-oriented goals while finding the right solutions in Cherwell that support diverse needs.
This role will also involve the day to day management of product issues and the gathering of user requirements. We're looking for a confident communicator with a focus on user needs. There will be a high emphasis on people management and prioritising backlogs while simultaneously developing technical product knowledge.
- Act as a product expert and be the link between the business users and development teams to define requirements and design solutions.
- Drive the overall ASC vision for the Cherwell Service Management application, ensuring stakeholders are aligned around shared objectives, design principles and roadmap.
- Regularly engage with users and stakeholders across ASC to understand needs and ensure that these needs are represented to the programme and development teams through the creation of clear user stories.
- Support the development of a user portal - driving self-service engagement in order to enhance the user experience and drive efficiencies in service provision.
- Scope and prioritise BAU change and improvement activities based on user requirements and user impact.
- Manage a BAU backlog of administration, maintenance and updates to Cherwell, based on pre-approved IT changes (updates to task lists, dashboards, checklists etc).
- Set up and run regular user groups, focused on understanding user needs to inform overall design decisions.
- Work with the Test Manager to review and test project outputs and process documentation in order to validate that they are fit for purpose.
- Ensure robust governance - all changes should be designed, approved and tested before publication.
- Apply technical and procedural knowledge during development of the Service Management Tool and Process Design workshops to support the creation of workable prototypes.
- Support the capturing of process system requirements and ensure that these are validated and signed off globally.
- Act as an advocate for change and disseminate information that highlights the benefits of the Service Management Tool to operational teams.
- Support the design, execution and coordination of user training, associated with new releases.
Risk and Control: Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with our regulatory requirements and internal policies.
Essential skills and experience:
- 3+ years' experience in a Technical Business Analyst role, ideally in a service oriented environment.
- 3+ years working with full software development lifecycle.
- 3+ years' experience of leading people.
- 3+ years' experience working on projects using Agile methodology.
- Poised and self-confident with the ability to clearly communicate the needs of functional teams.
- Ability to clearly communicate technical solutions with non-technical users.
- Resiliency with a capacity to respond to pressure and shifting demands.
- Demonstrated ability to capture process and system requirements.
- Works with and able to challenge senior leaders.
- Proven experience of managing relationships with multiple stakeholders.
- Exceptional eye for detail coupled with an analytical mind and inclination for problem-solving.
- Ability to work independently, efficiently and use initiative.
Desired skills and experience:
- Product Management experience.
- Experience of Cherwell Service Management application.
- Experience of ServiceNow.
- Degree in computer science or engineering.
- Experience of quality assurance.
- ITIL practitioner certification.
In order to comply with regulatory and client requirements, Ashurst will undertake appropriate vetting of staff. When applicants accept a job offer, Ashurst, alongside a specialist provider, will undertake professional verification and background checks. These checks are only undertaken with consent, and in accordance with our legal and regulatory obligations.