Ashurst is a leading progressive global law firm with a rich history, celebrating its bicentenary in 2022. We are proud of our history and are future-focused, having expanded into new technologies through our NewLaw division, Ashurst Advance, and our consulting arm. Our in-depth understanding of our clients and commitment to providing excellent standards of service have seen us become a trusted adviser to local and global corporates, financial institutions and governments in all areas of commercial law. To find out more please visit www.ashurst.com.
As Bid Coordinator in the Global Bid team and Bid Operations function, you will be the primary support for all bid requirements, from establishing compliant response document formats, coordinating stakeholders for key meetings and discussions, to ensuring bid reporting and filing. The Bid Coordinator will also be responsible for supporting capability statement requests.
You will be an integral part of the Global Bid team and will support the development of bid responses in collaboration with Global Bid team members, business development, Partners and other stakeholders by developing leading and persuasive bid content for each requirement and client. Supporting bids throughout the process to ensure bid excellence, you will contribute to the strategic growth of the firm through new and existing business wins.
The Bid Coordinator will be based in our Bid Operations team in Glasgow and will report to and work closely with the Bid Operations Lead.
- Lead all bid coordination activities to support the end-to-end bid process according to best practice milestones and work collaboratively with all members of the firm, ensuring stakeholders are aware of their role.
- Receive the tender documentation and work with the bid Lead Partner/s and other bid response team members to 'kick-off' the response process.
- Lead capability statement requests, engaging with key stakeholders for briefing, content contribution and reviews.
- Work closely with the Bid and Pursuit Advisory team and other Bid Operations team members to support bid requirements.
- Support on CV drafting, formatting, reviewing, and amendment of content for bid responses.
- Manage the submission requirements, be it via client portals, email or hard copy submission.
- Support the Global Head of Bids and all Global Bid team members, including the Bid and Pursuit Advisory team to deliver all bid activity at the highest standards of quality and excellence globally.
- Contribute to the design of graphical elements for written proposals, such as operating models, team structures, value propositions and complex themes.
- Provide critical support for the firm's preferred bid technology for content creation and the delivery of bids and support.
- Monitor bid portals and team inboxes for bid alerts and client communications.
- Support the content team to deliver the firm's content management strategy by identifying content gaps and developing and writing leading content for inclusion in the content library.
- Analyse bid response feedback against written responses to support the improvement of overall quality, win rates, activity and to spot trends.
- Support the team and business with the tracking and reporting of bid activity.
- Support the Global Bid Team with document management, including auditing electronic folders.
Risk and Control: Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with our regulatory requirements and internal policies.
Essential skills and experience:
- Excellent organisational and time management abilities.
- Experience of using and managing a document management system, bid library and/or pitch automation system, and coordinating inputs from multiple stakeholders (including technical subject matter experts as well as business development teams).
- Exceptional eye for detail, able to spot errors and inconsistencies, i.e. strong proofreading skills.
- Highly competent user of the Microsoft Office suite, including advanced Word and PowerPoint skills.
- Self-motivated; comfortable working autonomously to deliver the objectives of the role with limited day-to-day supervision.
- Team player, with a strong service ethic and a desire to add value to the firm by improving the quality and usability of bid content.
- Keen eye for design, able to improve the visual impact and aesthetic properties of proposal materials.
- Previous bid management experience would be beneficial.
- Qualified to degree level or equivalent (preferably Commerce, English or other arts/humanities degrees).
Desirable skills and experience:
- Experience of bid library/pitch automation software systems and SharePoint.
- Familiarity of Shipley or other similar bid methodology.
- An understanding of legal practices, products and the legal competitive landscape, gained from previous experience within the legal sector.
- Experience of having worked in the professional services sector, a partnership or other complex, global environment.
- An understanding of different bid cultures and customers, with bid writing experience across geographies and to a variety of customers (e.g. government, financial services, banks, funds, corporates).