Ashurst is a leading progressive global law firm with a rich history, celebrating its bicentenary in 2022. We are proud of our history and are future-focused, having expanded into new technologies through our NewLaw division, Ashurst Advance, and our consulting arm. Our in-depth understanding of our clients and commitment to providing excellent standards of service have seen us become a trusted adviser to local and global corporates, financial institutions and governments in all areas of commercial law. To find out more please visit www.ashurst.com.
We have an opportunity for a strategic, proactive, creative and highly organised communications professional to join our global internal communications team.
This role is responsible for supporting the development and execution of internal campaigns and content to engage our people in our business strategy and priorities. The role will also handle internal communications to support the smooth running of our business.
Day-to-day you will be an ambassador for the Global Internal Communications team, and:
- Ensure a high standard of creative production, support the setting of and achievement of strategically-aligned outcomes across project deliverables.
- Have a thorough understanding of Ashurst's Strategy, Values and Brand and how the team supports the firm's success.
- Support the management and development of internal channels and content to ensure the best levels of engagement are achieved.
- Proactively identify items of interest and impact for internal communication.
- Offer new and creative ideas on communication initiatives, channels and content.
- Help build a culture where two-way internal communication is seen as integral to the success of the firm.
- Work closely and collaboratively with counterparts in other jurisdictions and time zones to ensure a consistent approach to internal communications globally.
This role reports to the London-based Internal Communications Manager.
- Help design and execute employee engagement communication campaigns and experiences that bring our people together in new and engaging ways.
- Support development of internal communication strategies and plans for Ashurst's internal audiences, to meet specified communication objectives.
- Proactively assemble, source and produce written and visual content for internal communications channels, including the intranet, office town halls, digital screens and regular newsletters.
- Support the logistics and technical aspects of office town halls, and be open to learning the basics of AV and build on this knowledge and experience to continually improve hybrid remote/in-person experiences for our people.
- Input communication activities into the internal communications content planner, then identify and resolve message or timing conflicts.
- Work closely with colleagues in other time zones to plan out and manage editorial content for weekly newsletters so that relevant material is shared in a timely way with the appropriate audiences.
- Assist with maintaining the intranet, including researching topics and drafting stories.
- Manage the digital screens, including managing a planner, working with our design team on developing impactful and engaging digital posters and working with our third party supplier, IT and AV so we make best use of the system.
- Support logistical execution of communications campaigns and ensure deadlines are met.
- Work with third party suppliers and internal support teams to support the delivery of internal communications objectives.
- Support the internal communications manager with tasks as needed.
Risk and Control: Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with our regulatory requirements and internal policies.
Essential skills and experience:
- Experience in a communications team, whether internal or external. A good team player, open to sharing what you know and learn with colleagues in our global team, and trying out ideas they share.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, and some experience of editing content (written, audio and visual).
- A passionate storyteller, always looking for new and interesting ways to engage employees in Ashurst's business priorities.
- Keen to explore and experiment with different ways of using channels and sharing information, and able to learn quickly.
- A creative thinker, comfortable with sharing and discussing the best approaches to engage audiences and adapt material to different channels or audiences.
- Experience of working on weekly newsletters and maintaining intranet sites (desirable).
- Highly proactive.
- Eye for visuals and ability to create impactful content.
- Impeccable attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Comfortable working with teams in different geographic locations and time zones, and across different grades.
- Comfortable building networks with people in different offices and teams.
- Confident using Zoom and Microsoft Office, including PowerPoint.
- Experience of using Teams; Microsoft 365; CMS such as SharePoint, and digital screens systems, such as OneLan (desirable).
- In-house/professional services experience in a large or global organisation (desirable).
- Experience of working with suppliers on things like video production or design assets (desirable).
In order to comply with regulatory and client requirements, Ashurst will undertake appropriate vetting of staff. When applicants accept a job offer, Ashurst, alongside a specialist provider, will undertake professional verification and background checks. These checks are only undertaken with consent, and in accordance with our legal and regulatory obligations.