Ashurst is a leading progressive global law firm with a rich history, celebrating its bicentenary in 2022. We are proud of our history and future-focused, having expanded into new technologies through our NewLaw division, Ashurst Advance, and our consulting arm. Our in-depth understanding of our clients and commitment to providing excellent standards of service have seen us become a trusted adviser to local and global corporates, financial institutions and governments in all areas of commercial law. To find out more please visit www.ashurst.com.
What we can offer you:
We are building the UK's first legal-led consultancy that offers a truly differentiated client and employee experience in the market. We combine the legal expertise and backing of a leading, global law firm with highly experienced, specialist risk consultants to provide unique, integrated, and holistic solutions to our clients so they can navigate the complexities of conducting businesses globally. Our aim is to build the best-in-class risk and regulatory consultancy with a unique expertise led approach to delivery. After successfully establishing the division in Australia in 2020, our now 100 strong team have developed a market leading reputation for providing holistic advice to our clients. This is an opportunity to build a new offering in the UK from the ground up with the backing and infrastructure of Ashurst's global presence and the successful Australian consulting team.
We are a team devoted to collaboration, diversity, transparency, and innovation. Our vision is to create a unique culture in the consulting market based around teamwork and a structure that offers everyone a voice and the encouragement to help us build the practice. Our ambition is to hire a highly diverse team combining various personalities, cultures, and professional backgrounds, and offer them the opportunity to directly deal with clients, take responsibility for business development, drive their careers, and help us in defining our strategy, culture and processes.
We also offer award winning Learning & Development and Diversity & Inclusion programs, and a range of benefits including, subsidised gym membership, discounted health insurance, complimentary health and wellbeing support programs, study support, annual bonuses, flexible working, and 26 weeks parental leave, to name a few.
As an Executive, you will be an integral member of a team who deliver advice to clients in relation to financial crime risks, including Anti-Money Laundering (AML), and Counter-Terrorism Financing (CTF), Economic and Trade Sanctions (Sanctions), and Anti-Bribery & Corruption (ABC). The team's clients are diverse and span across multiple industries including financial services, government, energy & resources, corporates, and leisure. Some of our work includes:
- assessing current state AML/CTF, ABC and sanctions frameworks;
- designing future state AML/CTF programs, policies and procedures;
- developing and conducting risk assessments and methodologies; and
- assisting clients to address gaps and uplift compliance capabilities.
During a regular week as an Executive you might be expected to:
- assist clients to address gaps and uplift compliance capabilities;
- collaborate with experts across Ashurst to research a new field and use those learnings to help define and build a strategic capability or client opportunity for the Financial Crime team;
- identify, manage and grow a trusted client relationship to build our brand and win new business, including leading and developing proposals;
- provide local and global market insight to support clients' strategic planning with activities such as impact analyses, contingency planning, risk identification and mitigation initiatives; and
- assist in supervising, developing and coaching junior team members.
We're a dynamic team and that means what we work on day to day is diverse and varied. We're deeply focused on building the foundational elements of the practice to ensure we embed a culture and work practice that enables you and the team to succeed and grow.
We're also not all just about work. We strive to create a culture that celebrates wins and works as one to ensure our collective success. We regularly take time to share learnings and ensure the team grows as one, through knowledge sharing sessions, project showcases and hands on training.
- You're excited about using your talents to help solve a diverse range of client problems with new, unique and inventive solutions, to assist in the growth of a unique and 'first-to-market' practice.
- Diverse advisory-based experience, specialising in one or all of AML/CTF, ABC and Sanctions.
- Proven expertise in leading the review, development and/or design of relevant AML/CTF, ABC or sanctions initiatives, including for example, risk assessments, policy/process/procedures/controls, target operating models, strategy, audits, technology, regulatory response and other relevant projects.
- You have proven experience creating, fostering and developing client relationships with the ability to clearly communicate with both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- You're passionate about collaborating with a multi-disciplinary team and have experience managing multiple projects throughout their entire engagement lifecycle, including experience with proposals, pre-engagement activities, producing high quality deliverables, conducting stakeholder workshops, issuing final reports and billing.
- You have a desire to lead and nurture, including helping peers develop their technical skills and contributing to a positive team culture.
- You're not afraid to have your own view and you approach challenging problems with both confidence and humility, while also embracing alternate viewpoints.
In order to comply with regulatory and client requirements, Ashurst will undertake appropriate vetting of staff. When applicants accept a job offer, Ashurst, alongside a specialist provider, will undertake professional verification and background checks. These checks are only undertaken with consent, and in accordance with our legal and regulatory obligations.