Our specialist, award-winning IP team works with our clients to protect, maximise and monetise their technology and intellectual property assets across a wide spectrum of industry sectors. They are a highly regarded team with expertise across the full range of IP rights, working on complex IP transactions, as well as IP disputes. The team also advises clients on clearing, registering and maintaining trade marks and designs internationally.
We now have an opportunity for an IP Formalities Manager to join them based out of our Leeds office.
What will you be doing?
In this busy and varied role you'll be working alongside experienced solicitors, trade mark attorneys and paralegals as an integral part to the day-to-day workings of the practice. As part of the team, you'll work to build relationships with clients, colleagues and overseas agents, to ensure the smooth running of our clients' IP portfolios, which will include the filing of trade marks and designs, maintenance of registered IP rights and monitoring of deadlines.
You will lead our team of formalities paralegals who, amongst other tasks, are responsible for managing and maintaining the records on our specialist database (WebTMS).
Other responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- undertaking recordals and renewals of trade marks and designs, including client set up, matter maintenance and invoicing;
- liaising with clients, registries and with foreign agents to progress instructions;
- allocating tasks to team members, to keep on top of deadlines; and
- monitoring performance and managing procedures to ensure 100% accuracy across the system.
You will be expected to report regularly to the team on the status of clients' portfolio, work with the team to implement improved processes to drive efficiencies through use of resources and technology, and recommend training to support development.
So what are we looking for?
The successful candidate will need to have experience of:
- solid background in IP technical knowledge (e.g. CIPA/CITMA qualifications), or similar or equivalent procedures and processes involving the maintenance and upkeep of substantial numbers of records;
- managing and progressing promptly a large number of matters with high levels of accuracy and attention to detail;
- working on various workstreams in parallel, and prioritising instructions to meet deadlines;
- maintaining and updating data in online databases, including identifying and resolving inaccuracies and out-out-date information;
- proven track record of people and/or project management to achieve successful outcomes and/or identify areas for improvement; and
- clear written and oral communication, able to adapt style to work and build relationships with lots of different people.
What makes it great to work here?
We continually work hard to create an open culture that sets us apart from other firms. Our culture gives us much more of a human feel, emphasising that we're more than just suits! We like and make time for each other enabling us to establish professional relationships that can often become lasting friendships.
Through our D&I initiatives we create an environment in which difference is valued. We have a Diversity and Inclusion Group, led by our Board Sponsor, which works with our colleague networks (we currently have firm supported networks for race, ethnicity, and cultural heritage, LGBTQ+, disabilities, families, and women's career development and we're in constant dialogue with our people about how we expand our networks to better support everybody). We encourage applicants from all social backgrounds, ethnicities, disabilities, gender identities and sexual orientations. Please get in touch to let us know how we can give you the best possible recruitment experience.
As signatories to the Mindful Business Charter, it's important that our people are able to maintain healthy and happy lives, both in and out of work. We have a number of resources and initiatives designed to support health and wellbeing, including our team of dedicated mental health first aiders. We recognise that getting the right work life balance is a priority for all of us and we're very happy to talk flexible working, full-time or part-time working patterns. We also recognise the challenges of relocation and post-pandemic return to the office.
And that's not all, alongside a competitive salary you'll receive a flexible benefits package so you can choose and vary the benefits that matter most to you.
If this sounds like your next career move then please get in touch to find out more. No agencies please, we're an in-house recruitment team!
If this isn't the role for you (or the right time) why not connect with us on LinkedIn or follow us on Twitter and Instagram (@WBD_CareersUK) to keep up to date with all of our opportunities. We also have a Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/womblebonddickinsoncareers/