CMS are recruiting for a Senior Commercial Finance Manager to join our London team. This is a senior role with the Commercial Finance team - a growing team of finance and pricing professionals which supports the CMS leadership and the firm to deliver its overall strategy, improve profitability & recovery, and give pricing support on key client engagements.
The role will play two very important functions - providing strategic support to the Head of Commercial Finance and managing and developing a team of Commercial Finance Managers to deliver the team's objectives, support practice, sector and regional group initiatives, develop and promote best practice, and train and develop our fee earning body in commercial skills.
The Commercial Finance function sits alongside colleagues in the Finance Business Partnering team to form the Financial Planning and Decision Support function. Alongside colleagues in Operations and Tax forming the Group Finance and Accounting division.
The nature of our work means that the team works extremely closely with a number of teams outside of Finance including our Strategic Pitch and Strategic Client Management teams, Legal Operations and Project Management, Senior Management Team, and the sector, region and practice management teams. About the Role
The role of the Senior Commercial Finance Manager is to assist the Head of Commercial Finance in developing the team and in delivering the team's key objectives and driving forward overall strategy as outlined below:
* Working closely with the Business Development Team and Partners to ensure pitch responses are profitable, commercially sound, and that fee proposals are both innovative and flexible.
* Building relationships with other support teams and stakeholders to ensure the wider business context is considered, appreciated, and represented in pricing and profitability decisions.
* Ensuring proposals meet both the firm's and the client's values, and that proposals help to build on the firm's strategy About You
Essential: Skills & Experience
* Pricing and commercial experience within legal services but will consider broader professional services.
* Proven people management and people development skills.
* Excellent analytical skills
* Proven strategic thought leadership.
* Good commercial acumen and exceptional analysis and financial modelling skills.
* A collaborative team-player who is transparent and has a straight-forward approach.
* ACCA / ACA / CIMA or similar qualified with a minimum of 4 years PQE or demonstrable relevant QBE. Equal Opportunities
At CMS, a next-generation mindset is woven into all we do. We're diverse, supportive and inclusive, embracing our corporate social responsibility and creating a culture of sustainability in which every one of our people, whatever their background, can maximise their potential and thrive. For further information about CMS' diversity initiatives and programmes, please view the Diversity & Inclusion
pages on our website.
Please apply online or contact a member of the Talent Acquisition team if you have any questions. For information regarding our competitive range of benefits please visit our Rewards & Benefits
page on our website.
Please note that CMS have a preferred agency panel in place. Only applications submitted via the portal at the point of instruction will be accepted.#LI-SO1