Ashurst is a leading progressive global law firm with a rich history, celebrating its bicentenary in 2022. We are proud of our history and are future-focused, having expanded into new technologies through our NewLaw division, Ashurst Advance, and our consulting arm. Our in-depth understanding of our clients and commitment to providing excellent standards of service have seen us become a trusted adviser to local and global corporates, financial institutions and governments in all areas of commercial law. To find out more please visit www.ashurst.com.
Ashurst's Global BD&M team is located in major cities across EMEA, Asia Pacific and the US. We execute the firm's clients and markets strategy by driving profitable growth with a specific focus on our chosen products, sectors and priority clients. We focus on improving our client experience, driving marketing campaigns, leveraging data analytics and client insights, significantly enhancing operational excellence and building out new BD&M capabilities.
We are a diverse team spanning the range of business to business, professional services and hands-on industry expertise. Our different perspectives and experiences enhance the outcomes we achieve and make us a fun and adaptable team.
- Work alongside the BD team to support the delivery of the Disputes, Tax and Employment go-to-market plan, leading on the implementation of certain workstreams, with guidance from the Senior Business Development Manager.
- Support the internal and external profile raising initiatives across the Disputes, Tax and Employment teams, including our approach to publications/briefings, thought leadership, alignment with industry bodies, prioritisation and organisation of industry conferences, and events.
- Support the delivery of client account strategies and contribute to efforts relating to cross-selling.
- Proactively track market and client developments and trends, spotting revenue generation opportunities and work with the Senior Business Development Manager to drive those opportunities to a successful conclusion.
- Undertake external and internal research, business analysis and competitor intelligence to support client facing meetings, pursuits and proposals.
- Prepare and maintain marketing materials, including web/intranet content, client publications, sales material and capability statements.
- Support the delivery of directory/awards submissions, ensuring key messaging is included and all deadlines are met.
- Support across the entire opportunity pursuit process, including tracking progress and outcomes, and producing proposals and capability statements, working closely with the Global Bids team.
- Regularly review BD&M systems and processes and suggest improvements to drive efficiencies.
- Ensure the Disputes, Tax and Employment requirements for data capture are met and maintain client information on Ashurst systems.
- Respond to requests from colleagues in other jurisdictions for BD support.
- Contribute to central BD&M team initiatives, including supporting new systems and processes, and support the global team on projects, as required.
- Develop excellent working relationships across the relevant Partner team, Priority Client teams and other support functions.
- Develop a good knowledge and understanding of the legal industry and marketplace, and the firm's key service offerings and product areas, with high-level practice specific knowledge.
- Risk and Control: Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with our regulatory requirements and internal policies.
Essential skills and experience:
- Tertiary qualification in business or relevant degree.
- 1+ years' experience in a similar role.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Excellent organisational, project management and delivery skills.
- Commercial awareness and ability to bring the client's perspective into the frame.
- Demonstrated attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to effectively engage with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to switch between detail and the bigger picture.
- Positive attitude toward work and a desire to learn and develop.
- A team player flexible in their approach to work and willingness to go the extra mile.
- Enthusiastic and proactive, with the ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Office products (Word, PowerPoint and Excel).
- Ability to prioritise a busy workload to meet deadlines.
- High level of confidentiality, discretion and diplomacy.
Desirable skills and experience:
- Prior experience in the professional services sector.
- Experience with Client Relation Management software, such as InterAction.
In order to comply with regulatory and client requirements, Ashurst will undertake appropriate vetting of staff. When applicants accept a job offer, Ashurst, alongside a specialist provider, will undertake professional verification and background checks. These checks are only undertaken with consent, and in accordance with our legal and regulatory obligations.