Ashurst is a leading progressive global law firm with a rich history, celebrating its bicentenary in 2022. We are proud of our history and are future-focused, having expanded into new technologies through our NewLaw division, Ashurst Advance, and our consulting arm, Ashurst Risk Advisory. Our in-depth understanding of our clients and commitment to providing excellent standards of service have seen us become a trusted adviser to local and global corporates, financial institutions and governments in all areas of commercial law. To find out more please visit www.ashurst.com .
We are building the UK's first legal-led consultancy that offers a truly differentiated client and employee experience in the market. We combine the legal expertise and backing of a leading, global law firm with highly experienced, specialist risk consultants to provide unique, integrated and holistic solutions to our clients so they can navigate the complexities of conducting businesses globally. After successfully establishing the division in Australia in 2020, our now 100 strong team have developed a market leading reputation for providing holistic advice to our clients. This is an opportunity to build a new offering from the ground up with the backing and infrastructure of Ashurst's global presence and the successful Australian team.
We are a team devoted to collaboration, diversity, transparency and innovation. Our vision is to create a unique culture in the consulting market based around teamwork and a structure that offers everyone a voice and the encouragement to help us build the practice. Our ambition is to hire a highly diverse team combining various personalities, cultures and professional backgrounds, and offer them the opportunity to directly deal with clients, take responsibility for business development, drive their careers, and help us in defining our strategy, culture and processes.
We also offer award winning Learning & Development and Diversity & Inclusion programs, and a range of benefits including, a dedicated annual bonus scheme, health and wellbeing support through Vitality, hybrid working, and 26 weeks parental leave, to name a few.
We're a dynamic team and that means what we work on day to day is diverse and varied. We're focused on building the foundational elements of the practice to ensure we embed a culture and work practice that enables you and the team to succeed and grow.
We strive to create a culture that celebrates wins and works as one to ensure our collective success. We regularly take time to share learnings and ensure the team grows as one, through knowledge sharing sessions, project showcases and hands on training.
The Team Executive (TE) will provide high level, proactive business support and assistance to the Risk Advisory team and support the Practice Executive. TE's play a pivotal role in the team and ensure that support services the risk advisory staff are delivered by the most appropriate staff or team, including the Central Services Hub
- Making minor amendments to documents, delegating complex or lengthy documents to Document Specialists when appropriate.
- Creating and amending documents from various formats including PowerPoint presentations, pitches, CVs, comparisons and filing appropriately.
- Locating or filing documents into document management system.
- Answering calls and taking accurate messages, passing these on promptly and assisting with queries where possible.
- Arranging conference or video calls.
- Processing and submitting expense claims and other administrative tasks (such as engagement letters, membership, learning records, business cards, labels).
- Photocopying, scanning, printing or binding documents, utilising support from resources where appropriate.
- Arranging travel requirements through direct providers or through the online travel portal for booking of flights, accommodation, transport and itinerary.
- Organising or maintaining files for both electronic and hard copy documents.
- Liaising with resources to resolve problems or issues on behalf of lawyers, following up where appropriate.
- Assisting with the monthly billing process: printing off reports and draft or finalised bills.
- Creating or amending written or dictated bill narratives.
- Assisting with New Business Intake requirements and client file opening and related processes.
- Updating Interaction records and contact details, including creating and adding diary or file notes.
- Carry out research or client intelligence where helpful for pitches, marketing, events, briefing packs or approaches.
- Assisting with the coordination of small client events, which may include arranging meeting facilities, resources, or amending materials or documents.
- Where capacity allows, or deadlines demand, assist the Local Hub or Global Shared Services teams with varied ad hoc tasks.
Professional skills and competencies
- High degree of initiative, pro-activity and problem solving skills, with a willingness to take ownership for the completion of tasks/projects and deliver innovative solutions to improve systems or work practices.
- A client focused approach including the ability to grow a network of professional relationships with counterparts in client organisations as well as with internal stakeholders and colleagues around the firm.
- Excellent organisational skills with an ability to juggle conflicting priorities.
- Strong written communication skills and keen attention to detail, with the ability to draft correspondence, presentations, pitch documents and slide packs quickly and accurately.
- Resilience, with the ability to thrive in the context of continuous change and effectively work with challenging clients or stakeholders.
- Positive role model of the firm's Values.
Research skills and business systems knowledge
- Confident in carrying out internet research and analysing client material.
- Understanding of billing procedures, and working knowledge of Elite 3e/a milar billing system.
- Skills in MS Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel.
Desired skills and experience
- Previous experience in an administration/Asssistant role in a consulting or other professional services environment or corporate environment.
- Previous exposure to, or a demonstrated interest in, Business Development and research.
- Previous experience in roles requiring a high degree of confidentiality and professional discretion.