Ashurst is a leading progressive global law firm with a rich history, celebrating its bicentenary in 2022. We are proud of our history and future-focused, having expanded into new technologies through our NewLaw division, Ashurst Advance, and our consulting arm. Our in-depth understanding of our clients and commitment to providing excellent standards of service have seen us become a trusted adviser to local and global corporates, financial institutions and governments in all areas of commercial law. To find out more please visit www.ashurst.com.
What we can offer you:
We are building the UK's first legal-led consultancy that offers a truly differentiated client and employee experience in the market. We combine the legal expertise and backing of a leading, global law firm with highly experienced, specialist risk consultants to provide unique, integrated and holistic solutions to our clients so they can navigate the complexities of conducting businesses globally. After successfully establishing the division in Australia in 2020, our now 100 strong team have developed a market leading reputation for providing holistic advice to our clients. This is an opportunity to build a new offering from the ground up with the backing and infrastructure of Ashurst's global presence and the successful Australian team.
We are a team devoted to collaboration, diversity, transparency and innovation. Our vision is to create a unique culture in the consulting market based around teamwork and a structure that offers everyone a voice and the encouragement to help us build the practice. Our ambition is to hire a highly diverse team combining various personalities, cultures and professional backgrounds, and offer them the opportunity to directly deal with clients, take responsibility for business development, drive their careers, and help us in defining our strategy, culture and processes.
We also offer award winning Learning & Development and Diversity & Inclusion programs, and a range of benefits including, a dedicated annual bonus scheme, health and wellbeing support through Vitality, study support, hybrid working, and 26 weeks parental leave, to name a few.
You will be an integral member of a team who deliver advice to clients in relation to financial crime risks, including Anti-Money Laundering (AML), and Counter-Terrorism Financing (CTF), Economic and Trade Sanctions (Sanctions), and Anti-Bribery & Corruption (ABC). The team's clients are diverse and span across multiple industries including financial services, government, energy & resources, corporates, and leisure. Some of our work includes:
- assessing current state AML/CTF, ABC and sanctions frameworks;
- designing future state AML/CTF programs, policies and procedures;
- developing and conducting risk assessments and methodologies; and
- assisting clients to address gaps and uplift compliance capabilities.
The Director will be responsible for leading client relationships, delivering enterprise risk solutions, as well as contributing to the growth and development of the Risk Advisory practice and Financial Crime team in London.
This appointment requires an individual with natural gravitas and executive presence, developed by influencing and leading engagements with Boards and C-suite stakeholders.
During a regular week as a Director you might be expected to:
- take the lead in identifying, designing, developing and delivering financial crime risk management solutions to address gaps and uplift compliance capabilities;
- build trusted client relationships with integrity by putting the client at the centre of service delivery, thinking differently and delivering outside-the-box solutions to respond to client needs;
- identify, develop and execute on client opportunities, including developing service offerings, managing bids, developing client proposals, leading pitches and driving go-to-market activities;
- define and develop the growth agenda for the Financial Crime practice, including driving the growth of the team and the ongoing development of the practice strategy;
- lead and influence senior client stakeholders, being responsible for delivering high quality results and generating effective and impactful solutions;
- provide focused and supportive leadership, coaching and development opportunities for the team; and
- be bold in the market, building the brand to win business adjacent to the core offerings of the firm.
We're a dynamic team and that means what we work on day to day is diverse and varied. We're focused on building the foundational elements of the practice to ensure we embed a culture and work practice that enables you and the team to succeed and grow.
We strive to create a culture that celebrates wins and works as one to ensure our collective success. We regularly take time to share learnings and ensure the team grows as one, through knowledge sharing sessions, project showcases and hands on training.
- You're eager to be an integral part of a start-up and are prepared to adapt to the unique challenges that come with developing a new offering in the market
- You're excited about using your talents to help solve a diverse range of client problems with new, unique and inventive solutions, to assist in the growth of a unique and 'first-to-market' practice.
- Senior level advisory-based experience, specialising in AML/CTF, ABC and Sanctions.
- Proven expertise in leading the review, development and/or design of relevant AML/CTF, ABC or Sanctions initiatives, including for example, risk assessments, policy/process/procedures/controls, target operating models, strategy, audits, technology, regulatory response and other relevant projects.
- You are a confident and supportive leader with experience running and developing specialist and multi-disciplinary teams, identifying and developing client relationships and strategy, and clearly communicating with technical and non-technical stakeholders at the C-suite level.
In order to comply with regulatory and client requirements, Ashurst will undertake appropriate vetting of staff. When applicants accept a job offer, Ashurst, alongside a specialist provider, will undertake professional verification and background checks. These checks are only undertaken with consent, and in accordance with our legal and regulatory obligations.