Ashurst is a leading progressive global law firm with a rich history, celebrating its bicentenary in 2022. We are proud of our history and future-focused, having expanded into new technologies through our NewLaw division, Ashurst Advance, and our consulting arm. Our in-depth understanding of our clients and commitment to providing excellent standards of service have seen us become a trusted adviser to local and global corporates, financial institutions and governments in all areas of commercial law. To find out more please visit www.ashurst.com.
What we can offer you:
We are building the UK's first legal-led consultancy that offers a truly differentiated client and employee experience in the market. We combine the legal expertise and backing of a leading, global law firm with highly experienced, specialist risk consultants to provide unique, integrated and holistic solutions to our clients so they can navigate the complexities of conducting businesses globally. After successfully establishing the division in Australia in 2020, our now 100 strong team have developed a market leading reputation for providing holistic advice to our clients. This is an opportunity to build a new offering from the ground up with the backing and infrastructure of Ashurst's global presence and the successful Australian team.
We are a team devoted to collaboration, diversity, transparency and innovation. Our vision is to create a unique culture in the consulting market based around teamwork and a structure that offers everyone a voice and the encouragement to help us build the practice. Our ambition is to hire a highly diverse team combining various personalities, cultures and professional backgrounds, and offer them the opportunity to directly deal with clients, take responsibility for business development, drive their careers, and help us in defining our strategy, culture and processes.
We also offer award winning Learning & Development and Diversity & Inclusion programs, and a range of benefits including, a dedicated annual bonus scheme, health and wellbeing support through Vitality, study support, hybrid working, and 26 weeks parental leave, to name a few.
As a Director, you will lead a team in delivering data-driven risk management solutions, using a range of toolsets and methodologies, across a variety of domains including privacy, cyber, financial crime and more.
The Director will be responsible for leading client relationships, delivering enterprise risk solutions, as well as contributing to the growth and development of the Risk Advisory practice and Data & Analytics team.
Across a regular week as a Director you will:
- build trusted client relationships with integrity by delivering innovative, high quality and client centric solutions;
- identify and execute business development activities to win new work and build the team's brand;
- assist in defining and developing the growth agenda and strategy for the Data & Analytics practice; and provide focused and supportive leadership, coaching and development opportunities for the team.
We're a dynamic team and that means what we work on day to day is diverse and varied. We're focused on building the foundational elements of the practice to ensure we embed a culture and work practice that enables you and the team to succeed and grow.
We strive to create a culture that celebrates wins and works as one to ensure our collective success. We regularly take time to share learnings and ensure the team grows as one, through knowledge sharing sessions, project showcases and hands on training.
- You're eager to be an integral part of a start-up and are prepared to adapt to the unique challenges that come with developing a new offering in the market
- You're passionate about using your data talents to help solve a diverse range of problems that our clients have and are energised at the prospect of joining up your talents with those across the firm to create new, unique and inventive solutions.
- You're an experienced, senior data and analytics practitioner and are comfortable with the common tools, frameworks and standards in this space.
- You have proven experience in bringing high quality value to clients through developing data strategies, embedding data governance frameworks, driving insights through analytics and reporting, or creating AI/ML-backed solutions.
- You are a confident and supportive leader with experience running and developing specialist and multi-disciplinary teams, identifying and developing client relationships and strategy, and clearly communicating with technical and non-technical stakeholders at the C-suite level.
In order to comply with regulatory and client requirements, Ashurst will undertake appropriate vetting of staff. When applicants accept a job offer, Ashurst, alongside a specialist provider, will undertake professional verification and background checks. These checks are only undertaken with consent, and in accordance with our legal and regulatory obligations.