Ashurst is a leading progressive global law firm with a rich history, celebrating it's bicentenary in 2022. We are proud of our history and future-focused, having expanded into new technologies through our NewLaw division, Ashurst Advance, and our consulting arm. Our in-depth understanding of our clients and commitment to providing excellent standards of service have seen us become a trusted adviser to local and global corporates, financial institutions and governments in all areas of commercial law. To find out more please visit www.ashurst.com .
In order to comply with regulatory and client requirements, Ashurst will undertake appropriate vetting of staff. When applicants accept a job offer, Ashurst, alongside a specialist provider, will undertake professional verification and background checks. These checks are only undertaken with consent, and in accordance with our legal and regulatory obligations.
Ashurst is seeking an experienced front end web developer to join our global software development team. The successful candidate will join a newly formed team of developers to work closely with our digital products and services team, Ashurst Advance Digital, and the digital strategy team (both led by the firm's Chief Digital Officer) to support the development of new client platforms and solutions and, ultimately, the delivery of digital transformation within the firm.
The role will involve working in partnership with design, technology, legal and client teams, as well as external consultants, employing Agile and lean methodologies, adaptive project management and human-centred design principles. In addition to providing hands-on support, there is the opportunity to help us to refine and shape our development processes and best practice.
Beyond having the requisite prior experience on paper, being an excellent and collaborative communicator, demonstrating proactive behaviour and problem solving skills will be significant differentiators in our recruitment process.
- Within an Agile delivery team collaborate with members of IT, Ashurst Advance Digital and wider business to deliver client-facing products and experiences to deliver legal advice and drive engagement.
- Lead front-end development workstreams, inputting into team processes and ways of working and helping the team mature its development standards in relation to front end development.
- Design front end software architectures, prototyping and iterating new user interfaces.
- Collaborate with UX designers and Strategists to assist requirement definition, building out client-facing and enterprise level UI solutions and collaborate with members of the QA Team to ensure these are tested and maintained to a high standard.
- Participate in knowledge sharing, conduct demonstrations, undertake estimation and planning of work and providing constructive feedback as necessary.
- Provide 3rd line support to the applications developed and upgrading existing software as the organisation's needs change.
Risk and Control: Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with our regulatory requirements and internal policies.
Essential skills and experience:
- Experience in creating and evolving responsive, public facing websites to deliver optimal UI/UX experiences.
- Strong software development skills with excellent knowledge of Next.js, React.js and Node.js.
- Experience consuming public and private RESTful APIs.
- A passion for delivering high quality solutions together with knowledge on how to apply Software Development design principles and best practices.
- Ability to test solutions using best practice and associated tools e.g. React Testing Library.
- Familiarity with DevOps practices as well as experience in streamlining deployments with continuous integration and continuous deployment and use of supporting tools e.g. Docker, Containerisation, Azure DevOps, CI/CD pipelines.
- Familiarity with page performance and optimisation techniques.
- Effective team-working, communication and interpersonal skills, maintaining and building working relationships with colleagues and clients.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to think efficiently and creatively.
- A tertiary qualification in a software development subject or be able to demonstrate equivalent commercial experience.
Desired skills and experience:
- Experience with Node JS-based tooling e.g. Webpack.
- Knowledge of cloud technologies on the Azure platform and how they support delivery.
- Implementing tracking and analysing user behaviour such as A/B Testing.
- Comfortable working in an Agile environment.
- Exposure to .net Core C#.
- Use of code quality tools such as SonarQube.