Ashurst is a leading progressive global law firm with a rich history, celebrating its bicentenary in 2022. We are proud of our history and future-focused, having expanded into new technologies through our NewLaw division, Ashurst Advance, and our consulting arm. Our in-depth understanding of our clients and commitment to providing excellent standards of service have seen us become a trusted adviser to local and global corporates, financial institutions and governments in all areas of commercial law. To find out more please visit www.ashurst.com.
What we can offer you:
We are building the UK's first legal-led consultancy that offers a truly differentiated client and employee experience in the market. We combine the legal expertise and backing of a leading, global law firm with highly experienced, specialist risk consultants to provide unique, integrated, and holistic solutions to our clients so they can navigate the complexities of conducting businesses globally. Our aim is to build the best-in-class risk and regulatory consultancy with a unique expertise led approach to delivery. After successfully establishing the division in Australia in 2020, our now 100 strong team have developed a market leading reputation for providing holistic advice to our clients. This is an opportunity to build a new offering in the UK from the ground up with the backing and infrastructure of Ashurst's global presence and the successful Australian consulting team.
We are a team devoted to collaboration, diversity, transparency, and innovation. Our vision is to create a unique culture in the consulting market based around teamwork and a structure that offers everyone a voice and the encouragement to help us build the practice. Our ambition is to hire a highly diverse team combining various personalities, cultures, and professional backgrounds, and offer them the opportunity to directly deal with clients, take responsibility for business development, drive their careers, and help us in defining our strategy, culture, and processes.
We also offer award winning Learning & Development and Diversity & Inclusion programs, and a range of benefits including, a dedicated annual bonus scheme, health and wellbeing support through Vitality, study support, hybrid working, and 26 weeks parental leave, to name a few.
As an Executive, you will be an integral member of a team who deliver advice to clients in relation to client assets, conduct, operational risk, change and governance.
You will be involved in all aspects of leading and delivering engagements for a broad range of financial services clients with the potential to move into other sectors over time.
Some of our work includes:
- Assisting clients through regulatory reviews or enforcement cases
- Working on large-scale change projects
- Working with clients on revolutionary areas of financial services regulation
- Providing regulatory advice on technical matters and operational frameworks
- Advising on and designing operational risk frameworks
- Reporting on systems and controls
- Performing end-to-end reviews
- Delivering governance reviews and advising on best practice
- Working with clients to build out new products and services with advice on the regulatory implications and practical implementation
During a regular week as an Executive, you might be expected to:
- Lead and work on engagement delivery to assist clients with solving a compliance or risk challenge;
- contribute to engagement management;
- contribute to business development including proposals and pitches;
- identify, manage, and grow a trusted client relationship to build our brand and win new business
- develop market intelligence and sector knowledge;
- support marketing initiatives and client events;
- network and build relationships across Ashurst;
- collaborate with experts across Ashurst and use those learnings to support client delivery, or help define and build a strategic capability / client opportunity which provides a more holistic solution to our clients;
- assist in the ongoing management of client relationships and support business development initiatives, including the preparation of go-to-market materials;
- provide local and global market insight to support client engagements and training needs; and
- assist in supervising, developing, and coaching junior team members.
We're a dynamic team and that means what we work on day to day is diverse and varied. We're focused on building the foundational elements of the practice to ensure we embed a culture and work practice that enables you and the team to succeed and grow.
We strive to create a culture that celebrates wins and works as one to ensure our collective success. We regularly take time to share learnings and ensure the team grows as one, through knowledge sharing sessions, project showcases and hands on training.
- You're eager to be an integral part of a start-up and are prepared to adapt to the unique challenges that come with developing a new offering in the market and running a business.
- You have proven experience creating, fostering, and developing client relationships with the ability to clearly communicate with both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- You're passionate about collaborating with a multi-disciplinary team and have experience managing multiple projects throughout their entire engagement lifecycle, including experience with proposals, pre-engagement activities, producing high quality deliverables, conducting stakeholder workshops, issuing final reports, and billing.
- You have a desire to lead and nurture, including helping peers develop their technical skills and contributing to a positive team culture.
- You're not afraid to have your own view and you approach challenging problems with both confidence and humility, while also embracing alternate viewpoints.
- You are able to identify problems and contribute to solutions in a compelling and innovative manner.
- You have an analytical approach to problem solving and an intellectual curiosity.
- You are an independent thinker and a reliable team player.
- You are an excellent communicator, with the ability to quickly adapt to a range of situations and audiences both from a written and oral perspective.
- You have a strong attention to detail, to enable you to review complex technical matters, whilst maintaining an overall strategic and customer focussed perspective.
- You have a willingness and adaptability to work on a diverse range of projects and manage a range of priorities.
- You have experience of project management, and an ability to manage your own workload, as well as the workload of others in your team.
- You have a strong practical understanding of financial services conduct regulation and operational risk and a range of experience providing advice in this field.
- You have a solid understanding of financial services products and services and operational frameworks.
- You will have previous experience and expertise in either client assets, conduct regulation, operational risk, change, or governance through an audit role, a consulting background, or relevant industry role.
- Whilst not a pre-requisite, a professional qualification is preferred.
In order to comply with regulatory and client requirements, Ashurst will undertake appropriate vetting of staff. When applicants accept a job offer, Ashurst, alongside a specialist provider, will undertake professional verification and background checks. These checks are only undertaken with consent, and in accordance with our legal and regulatory obligations.