DLA Piper understands that you're building a future and our priority is supporting you to reach the full potential of your own personal career ambitions.
Our leading International Finance, Projects and Restructuring group deals with capital markets, structured finance, leveraged and acquisition finance and corporate treasury matters internationally. The practice advises borrowers and lenders on complex multi-jurisdictional transactions and works on restructurings in both the real estate and leveraged finance fields.
We are now seeking Debt Capital Markets and Acquisition Finance senior lawyers to advise issuers/borrowers, arrangers/underwriters, placement agents, debt advisors and other transaction participants on all types of financing transactions, domestic and cross-border, including all forms of corporate finance, sovereign debt issuances, high yield bonds, USPP-style issuances, LBOs/certain funds acquisition facilities, refinancings and complex recapitalisations/liability management.
We want you to reach your full potential as part of a diverse, global team that thrives on collaboration, and seizing opportunities and commercial edge.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
By joining one of the largest teams of dedicated finance lawyers in the world, you will receive support from Partners devoted to developing and achieving your goals. Candidates will enjoy a uniquely dynamic range of work, working closely with partners on transactions at the cutting edge of the market. This will be for a client base which includes large international companies (public and private), financial institutions, governments and sponsors.
You will have the widest platform to progress your career and will be responsible for:
- Working on a wide variety of large, complex, cross-border DCM and other finance transactions
- Acquisition financing for corporate, private equity and other financial sponsor clients across a range of finance products
- Drafting and negotiating transaction documentation including all aspects of DCM issues, MTN programmes, leveraged acquisition finance (bank or bond, including high yield bonds), USPP issuances, bespoke sport and entertainment finance, facilities agreements, intercreditor agreements and security documents.
We do not set upper or lower limits of PQE for any of our vacancies. We have however given an indicative PQE as an approximate guide for applicants. Candidates who have between 4 and 10 years' PQE are likely to have the right level of knowledge and have gained the right level of experience needed to be able to successfully undertake this role. The ideal candidate will:
- be a Solicitor, ideally qualified in England and Wales or a Commonwealth jurisdiction. Dual US qualification would be a plus, but not required;
- be an experienced finance lawyer used to managing a complex workload in DCM and/or leveraged finance
- demonstrate strong technical skills in finance work, with an international awareness and focus to their work
- preferably demonstrate experience of multi-jurisdictional transactions
- be able to handle multiple priorities, working to sometimes conflicting timescales in a fast-paced and challenging environment
- be able to build trust and rapport to develop effective relationships, internally and externally
- be keen to get involved in business development
- comply with professional standards and all relevant regulatory obligations
- comply with the firm's systems, policies and procedures in all matters, including compliance, financial systems and time recording
So bring your ambition, initiative and entrepreneurial mind-set to a global business that's in the forefront of redefining the expectations of a law firm.
DLA Piper is a global law firm with lawyers located in more than 40 countries throughout the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific. Our global reach ensures that we can help businesses with their legal needs anywhere in the world. We strive to be the leading global business law firm by delivering quality, service excellence and value to our clients and offering practical and innovative legal solutions to help them succeed. Our clients range from multinational, Global 1000, and Fortune 500 enterprises to emerging companies developing industry-leading technologies, as well as government and public sector bodies.
In everything we do connected with our People, our Clients and our Communities, we live by these values:
- Be Supportive – we are compassionate and inclusive, valuing diversity and acting thoughtfully
- Be Collaborative - we are proactive, passionate team players investing in our relationships
- Be Bold - we are fearless and inquisitive, challenging ourselves to think big and find creative new solutions
- Be Exceptional - we are strategic and driven, exceeding standards and expectations
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
At DLA Piper, diversity and inclusion underpins how we live our values and everything we do. We believe that everyone has a voice, and that everyone’s voice counts. We know that the rich diversity across our firm makes us stronger, more innovative and creative, which helps us to better serve our clients and communities. We are committed to providing an inclusive working environment and culture across our global firm, where everyone can bring their authentic self to work.
Diversity of perspective, thought, background and culture combine to make us the leading global law firm; that’s why we actively seek to build balanced teams. We welcome the unique contribution that you will bring to our firm and actively encourage applications from all talented people – however your talent is packaged, whatever your background or circumstance and regardless of how you identify.
We support anyone with a disability or long term health condition to ensure they have the opportunity to perform at their best. If you have not done so already, please let us know if you require any support so we can make the right adjustments and considerations should they be required.
We recognise that people have responsibilities and interests outside of their career and that as a business, we all benefit from working flexibly. That's why we are open to discussing with candidates the different ways in which we are able to support requests for agile working arrangements.
In the event that we make an offer to you, and where local legislation permits, we will conduct pre-engagement screening checks that may include but are not limited to your professional and academic qualifications, your eligibility to work in the relevant jurisdiction, any criminal records, your financial stability and references from previous employers.