We are recruiting an International Project Accountant to join our Finance team based in our Sheffield office which supports DLA Piper’s operations and local finance teams in more than 30 different countries across Europe, Africa, Asia, Australia and Middle East. The DLA Piper Group will be transitioning to a new finance system in November 2022. The project accountant will support the project to reconcile financial balances and cleanse financial data in preparation for the transition and post Go-Live, this role will provide critical support to the local finance teams and project team to rectify issues and other ad-hoc investigatory projects as they arise.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Review group and local trial balances for a variety of entities in different countries
- Balance Sheet account reconciliations
- Analyse variances between group and local balances and between group / local trial balances and supporting reports
- Discuss the balances and reconciliations with local finance teams to understand the balances and to agree if any cleansing is needed
- Follow up with the local finance team to ensure any corrective journals have been posted and balances are clean
- Contribute to the regular project progress reports sent to the International Accounts Controller and to the Project Board
- Maintain the momentum of the project pre and post Go-Live
- Provide critical care/support post Go-Live of the system implementation
- Work on other ad-hoc projects as they arise. This will typically involve in depth investigation of the issue, collaboration with the finance team in the relevant country and other central finance teams, identifying solutions and presenting these to members of the finance leadership team.
- Qualified Accountant (CIMA / ACCA / ACA or equivalent)
- Have a strong technical background and be confident technically
- Be confident in using Excel
- Enjoy detail and problem solving
- Previous international exposure would be preferable
- Be comfortable meeting and building up relationships with members of the local finance teams
- Be able to quickly familiarize themselves with the key elements of different accounting packages (group and local) and key accounting differences
- Be able to challenge current practice and thinking and to be challenged
- Have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and be fluent in English
- Be a self-starter, who is able to work on their own initiative as well as being part of a team, and has a strong client service orientation
- Be comfortable operating in sometimes ambiguous situations, demonstrating a flexible and collaborative personal working style
- Be comfortable multi-tasking and working to conflicting timescales on multiple priorities in a robust and fast-paced environment
- Be willing to travel internationally
- Have an interest in finance systems
DLA Piper is a global law firm with lawyers located in more than 40 countries throughout the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific. Our global reach ensures that we can help businesses with their legal needs anywhere in the world. We strive to be the leading global business law firm by delivering quality, service excellence and value to our clients and offering practical and innovative legal solutions to help them succeed. Our clients range from multinational, Global 1000, and Fortune 500 enterprises to emerging companies developing industry-leading technologies, as well as government and public sector bodies.
In everything we do connected with our People, our Clients and our Communities, we live by these values:
- Be Supportive – we are compassionate and inclusive, valuing diversity and acting thoughtfully
- Be Collaborative - we are proactive, passionate team players investing in our relationships
- Be Bold - we are fearless and inquisitive, challenging ourselves to think big and find creative new solutions
- Be Exceptional - we are strategic and driven, exceeding standards and expectations
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
At DLA Piper, diversity and inclusion underpins how we live our values and everything we do. We believe that everyone has a voice, and that everyone’s voice counts. We know that the rich diversity across our firm makes us stronger, more innovative and creative, which helps us to better serve our clients and communities. We are committed to providing an inclusive working environment and culture across our global firm, where everyone can bring their authentic self to work.
Diversity of perspective, thought, background and culture combine to make us the leading global law firm; that’s why we actively seek to build balanced teams. We welcome the unique contribution that you will bring to our firm and actively encourage applications from all talented people – however your talent is packaged, whatever your background or circumstance and regardless of how you identify.
We support anyone with a disability or long term health condition to ensure they have the opportunity to perform at their best. If you have not done so already, please let us know if you require any support so we can make the right adjustments and considerations should they be required.
We recognise that people have responsibilities and interests outside of their career and that as a business, we all benefit from working flexibly. That's why we are open to discussing with candidates the different ways in which we are able to support requests for agile working arrangements.
In the event that we make an offer to you, and where local legislation permits, we will conduct pre-engagement screening checks that may include but are not limited to your professional and academic qualifications, your eligibility to work in the relevant jurisdiction, any criminal records, your financial stability and references from previous employers.