Our Platform. Your Opportunity.
DLA Piper understands that you're building a future and our priority is supporting you to reach the full potential of your own personal career ambitions.
Our leading International Finance, Projects and Restructuring group deals with capital markets, structured finance, leveraged and acquisition finance and corporate treasury matters internationally. The practice advises borrowers and lenders on complex multi-jurisdictional transactions and works on restructurings in both the real estate and leveraged finance fields.
We are one of the world’s largest global law firms, representing many of the world’s leading companies, investment banks and sponsors. Having recently expanded the team with internal partner promotions, the firm is looking for Senior Associates and Legal Directors to join its Structured Finance practice and to assist on a wide range of transactions, including securitisations, NPLs, CLOs, corporate trust, derivatives, structured products, and alternative finance.
The firm advises all major transaction participants (arrangers, originators, issuers, lenders, borrowers, buyers, sellers, servicers and trustees) in relation to all types of structured finance and structured product transactions across multiple jurisdictions.
We want you to reach your full potential as part of a diverse, global team that thrives on collaboration, and seizing opportunities and commercial edge.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
By joining one of the largest teams of dedicated finance lawyers in the world, you will receive support from Partners devoted to developing and achieving your goals. Candidates will enjoy a uniquely dynamic range of work, working closely with partners on transactions at the cutting edge of the market. This will be for a client base which includes large international companies (public and private), financial institutions, governments and sponsors.
You will have the widest platform to progress your career and will be responsible for:
- A varied workload that would require experience of capital markets, structured finance and structured products, including securitisation (CMBS, RMBS, auto loan and consumer receivables), non¬performing loans and loan portfolio sales, corporate trust and agency, alternative finance, derivatives, and social impact finance.
- Advising arrangers, dealers, originators, issuers, trustees, lenders, borrowers, servicers, agents and investors in a wide range of debt instruments, structured finance, securitisations, and other complex finance products.
- Reviewing and drafting the relevant documents in structured finance transactions, such as offering memoranda, trust deeds, security documents, servicing agreements and all applicable ancillary documents.
- Working with credit facilities, including facility agreements, fee letters, investor letters and related security agreements.
We do not set upper or lower limits of PQE for any of our vacancies. We have however given an indicative PQE as an approximate guide for applicants. Candidates who have gained at least 4 years post qualification are likely to have the right level of knowledge and have gained the right level of experience needed to be able to successfully undertake this role.
This is a tremendous opportunity to take the next step in your career within a leading law firm. In order to be considered you will have:
As well as the above technical skills, you will also have:
- A high degree of sector knowledge and commercial awareness.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and drafting skills.
- A self-confident, proactive, pragmatic approach to tasks and projects.
- The ability to work well in both a team and individually, and to interact/build relationships with people at all levels.
- A desire to be proactively involved in business development and marketing with a view to handling networking and client contact from the outset.
- Effective time management and a solid understanding of how a law firm works as a business.
The firm’s Structured Finance team is highly collegiate and often works across other practices and offices within the firm. This is a broad structured finance role. Candidates should expect to handle client contact from the outset and be proactively involved in business development. Solicitors with experience gained in London are preferred, but high-quality candidates from other jurisdictions with relevant structured finance experience would also be considered.
DLA Piper is a global law firm with lawyers located in more than 40 countries throughout the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific. Our global reach ensures that we can help businesses with their legal needs anywhere in the world. We strive to be the leading global business law firm by delivering quality, service excellence and value to our clients and offering practical and innovative legal solutions to help them succeed. Our clients range from multinational, Global 1000, and Fortune 500 enterprises to emerging companies developing industry-leading technologies, as well as government and public sector bodies.
In everything we do connected with our People, our Clients and our Communities, we live by these values:
- Be Supportive – we are compassionate and inclusive, valuing diversity and acting thoughtfully
- Be Collaborative - we are proactive, passionate team players investing in our relationships
- Be Bold - we are fearless and inquisitive, challenging ourselves to think big and find creative new solutions
- Be Exceptional - we are strategic and driven, exceeding standards and expectations
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
At DLA Piper, diversity and inclusion underpins how we live our values and everything we do. We believe that everyone has a voice, and that everyone’s voice counts. We know that the rich diversity across our firm makes us stronger, more innovative and creative, which helps us to better serve our clients and communities. We are committed to providing an inclusive working environment and culture across our global firm, where everyone can bring their authentic self to work.
Diversity of perspective, thought, background and culture combine to make us the leading global law firm; that’s why we actively seek to build balanced teams. We welcome the unique contribution that you will bring to our firm and actively encourage applications from all talented people – however your talent is packaged, whatever your background or circumstance and regardless of how you identify.
We support anyone with a disability or long term health condition to ensure they have the opportunity to perform at their best. If you have not done so already, please let us know if you require any support so we can make the right adjustments and considerations should they be required.
We recognise that people have responsibilities and interests outside of their career and that as a business, we all benefit from working flexibly. That's why we are open to discussing with candidates the different ways in which we are able to support requests for agile working arrangements.
In the event that we make an offer to you, and where local legislation permits, we will conduct pre-engagement screening checks that may include but are not limited to your professional and academic qualifications, your eligibility to work in the relevant jurisdiction, any criminal records, your financial stability and references from previous employers.