We are looking for an experienced HR Assistant to join our team in Birmingham. We are happy to consider flexible working arrangements.
The successful candidate will be responsible for providing a professional and quality administrative support service to the HR team, HR Shared Services team and internal clients on all activities associated with our offices.
If this is the right role for you, you will enjoy maintaining HR databases and documents; analysing monthly reports; reviewing processes and suggesting improvements; managing new starter and leaver processes; managing stakeholder communications; and working on HR projects.
We are a purpose-led business and we live by our values of being "approachable, bold and connected". We strive to do this every day. It is our people and our team who make this happen.
If this is important to you too, then we want to hear from you.
As well as being values-driven, ideally you will bring the following skills and experiences:
- GCSE or A level grades A-C, including English Language and Maths.
- Significant HR administration experience, preferably within a professional services/shared services background.
- Have ability to communicate effectively with others to ensure a smooth seamless service
Main duties and responsibilities
- Maintain the firms HR database (audits, inputting, updating).
- Analyse sickness absence and update absent analysis spreadsheet.
- Produce management information (standard and bespoke reports).
- Manage all starter and leaver documentation and processes.
- Prepare induction paperwork and manage the process.
- Manage all changes to T&C's documentation and processes.
- Manage all family leave documentation and processes.
- Liaise with payroll on any related matters.
- Assist with salary review process.
- Ensure all documentation is standard for all offices.
- Ensure Group HR Managers, Advisors and Team Leaders are kept up to date and informed.
- Work with the Shared Services Team Leader to raise the team's profile.
- To assist the HR teams with the majority of administrative tasks.
- Opportunities to be involved in HR project work.
- Ensure that work log and /or GSM report is kept up to date
What can we offer you?
- Agile working i.e. the opportunity to work from home, subject to diary commitments;
- 25 days' annual leave entitlement and the opportunity to purchase or roll over 5 days;
- Up to an additional 5 days' paid leave towards parental/caring responsibilities;
- Contributory pension of up to 5%;
- Private healthcare;
- Death in service cover (4 x base salary);
- Eligibility to apply for an interest free season ticket loan, an interest free gym membership loan and/or an interest free rental deposit loan;
- Cycle to work scheme.
We envisage this role being a full time position, however, we are open to considering flexible working arrangements.
At Pinsent Masons we value diversity and inclusion. We are committed to creating a better workplace where all our talent can succeed and feel like they belong. We want to attract, retain and develop people at all levels and encourage applications from all suitably qualified candidates whatever your ethnicity, religion, age, physical or mental disability/ long term condition, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or any other characteristics protected by local law in the jurisdictions in which we operate.
For any queries or for a copy of the full job description, please contact our in-house recruiter, Clare Vasey. Please note we only accept CVs that are logged on the Recruitment portal.