We are currently looking to recruit a 1-3 yrs+ TMT Lawyer to join the market leading technology transactions and advisory team.
Key characteristics of the TMT Lawyer we are looking for
- Technically excellent and with previous TMT experience of 1-3 years with an established private practice firm or large in-house practice
- Experience of leading on and/or performing the second in command role on TMT projects / negotiations
- Enthusiastic and a team player
- Self starter, commercially aware and client focused
- Interest in business development and with significant previous experience of a wide range of business development activities
- Strong academic background, excellent communication and organisational skills
- International experience and interest in developing an international practice (foreign language capability a benefit, but not mandatory)
Candidate & Role Summary
This represents an exciting opportunity for the right individual. Pinsent Masons has a large tier one international TMT practice with lawyers operating across the globe. In the UK, we have one of the most established TMT practices, with 29 partners and 82 additional fee earners advising on all aspects of technology, sourcing, telecoms, and digital law.
We are seeking to grow our international TMT practice across the UK and internationally. The practice has a strong focus on clients in the firm's global sectors of Advanced Manufacturing and Technology, Financial Services, and Energy, particularly institutional and blue chip clients, technology suppliers and customers seeking digital solutions and innovation. The team is focussed on key client propositions, such as MedTech, InfraTech, FinTech and Big Data, which interface to a wide range of sectors, such as infrastructure and construction, energy and real estate.
This is a dynamic team where every team member can make his or her own mark, operating across our national and international client base from whichever office they call home. Our lawyers are a key part of the team's development and are able to take responsibility for leading on projects, developing and leading client relationships, contributing to the team's business development plans, focusing on sector activity and supporting the growth of more junior team members.
The role is wide-ranging and will include:
- acting for customers and suppliers on their digital, technology outsourcing, business change projects, sourcing, and telecommunications related deals;
- developing ongoing relationships with an existing client base as well as assisting with bids and pitch presentations for new opportunities;
- developing close working relationships as part of an international team;
- taking an active role in our campaigns and the development of our products.
The successful candidates will:
- have gained experience in a firm with an established TMT practice or a large in-house practice, specialising in sourcing and IT related matters;
- be technically strong and exercise good commercial judgment;
- be a team player, able to forge strong working relationships with colleagues in an agile environment;
- be well-organised and have good project management skills;
- have the inter personal skills necessary for this client-facing role;
What will we offer you?
- We are a longstanding tier 1 rated technology and outsourcing team
- We are a market leading, dynamic and growing international team who work together to produce outstanding results for our clients.
- You will be working with colleagues who are leading specialists in the TMT sector.
- We have an unparalleled client base comprising major banks and insurance companies, major technology businesses, UK Government and a number of leading international companies in our global sectors.
- We invest in our team and have a first class training and career development programme. Our training reflects our position as a market leader in TMT. Our training will assist you to develop as a specialist with valuable sector knowledge and the ability to deliver "best of breed" services.
- Early responsibility and opportunities to develop client relationships.
Pinsent Masons won the ‘Best Talent and Inclusion’ award at The Lawyer Awards 2022 and is the only law firm named in the top 16 most inclusive businesses in Europe by the Financial Times Diversity Leaders Report. The firm is named amongst the top inclusive UK employers for the 16th consecutive year by LGBT+ equality charity Stonewall in its Workplace Equality Index and won the Legal Business ‘Law Firm of the Year’ award in 2021. Go to www.pinsentmasons.com/accolades to view all of our global awards and nominations.
Should you require further details, please contact our in house Lateral Recruitment Advisor Johenn Choi who can discuss the role and requirements.