We are currently looking to recruit an Associate/Senior Associate with 5-10 years PQE to join the London Corporate Financial Services team.
The Candidate Required
The successful candidate will ideally have gained experience in a City firm or a large regional practice. The role requires a high degree of technical capability but equally important candidates should be commercially aware and enthusiastic about business development. They will be a team player with a strong client focussed approach. They will also have a strong academic background and excellent communication and organisational skills. They will be interested in advising clients in the financial services sector but do not need to have been exclusively focussed on the sector during their career to date.
- An opportunity to join an expanding team with a strategic focus on advising major financial services groups on complex strategic matters and to make your mark – there is real opportunity for the right candidate to progress and develop in our highly successful and growing team and to do so at a firm and in an environment that is friendly and collegiate whilst undertaking cutting edge work.
- The very best national and international work – we work with top insurers and banks on their most material and transformative projects.
- Early responsibility and opportunities to develop client relationships.
- Genuine long-term career prospects and progression supported through our "best in class" training and our Academy personal development programmes.
Background to the Corporate Financial Services Team
Our Corporate Financial Services team is an integral part of our genuinely full service financial services sector group which boasts over 300 lawyers.
We act on strategic transactions across this diverse sector, including advising insurers (general and life), reinsurers, intermediaries, retail banks, private banks, wealth, investment and asset managers. Our insurance client base includes eighteen of the top twenty UK insurers and we are on the panels of most of the major UK retail banks.
We won Insurance Team of the Year at the Legal Business Awards 2020 for our work on strategic insurance projects. We were also shortlisted for Insurance Team of the Year at the Legal Business Awards 2022 and for Corporate Team of the Year at the Legal Business Awards 2021 and M&A Team of the Year at the British Legal Awards 2020, in each case for our transactional work in the financial services sector.
Our Corporate Financial Services team currently comprises five partners and a supporting team of lawyers. The team advises on a broad range of matters but with a particular focus on:-
- Part VII transfers, both domestic and cross-border
- Longevity transactions
- Regulatory matters
- Other risk transfer mechanisms
- With-profits issues
- Solvency II
The team has had significant success winning instructions on complex strategic transactions (including reorganisations prompted by Brexit). They most regularly compete for work against the magic and silver circle firms.
The team forms part of an international corporate group which comprises some 210 lawyers, including more than 35 partners in the UK. The corporate practice is an acknowledged leader with, for example, Tier 1 rankings for both mid-market M&A and private equity transactions.
About the Firm
Pinsent Masons is a global 100 law firm, with over 3,400 employees operating out of 26 locations across Europe, Asia Pacific, Africa and the Middle East. We have a long-standing reputation for delivering high-quality legal advice rooted in a deep understanding of the sectors and geographies in which our clients operate. Our global reach ensures that we are well-placed to advise on complex multi-jurisdictional matters across a full range of legal disciplines.
The firm has significant multinational credentials in the financial services, energy, infrastructure, real estate, and advanced manufacturing and technology sectors. Services provided across these sectors include asset management and investment funds, corporate and M&A, commercial, competition, litigation and arbitration, banking, restructuring, insurance, regulatory, construction, projects, pensions, property, planning and environmental, procurement, outsourcing, employment, share plans and incentives, technology and tax advice.
We champion change and promote progress to make business work better for people. Pinsent Masons has embedded a range of diversity and inclusion initiatives to create an environment in which its people can flourish. We operate an agile working scheme, which offers our employees flexibility in terms of where, and how, they work.
We stand out for our innovative approach to service delivery. For example, the firm has developed a number of in-house legal technology and project management solutions and operates a hub of freelance lawyers and a global Diversity and Inclusion consultancy, Brook Graham. Put simply, we offer a range of professional disciplines to our clients, enabled by our people, process and technology.
Pinsent Masons has achieved more tier 1 rankings in The Legal 500 UK guide than any other firm, won the "Law Firm of the Year Award 2021 – Legal Business" and is recognised among the most innovative law firms in Europe by the Financial Times. Please click here to view full list of our global awards and nominations - www.pinsentmasons.com/accolades
The depth and breadth of our corporate practice is recognised by our awards and rankings:-
- Top 4 law firm by volume of ECM deals (Perfect Information ECMi Report 2021)
- Top 5 law firm by volume of M&A deals in the UK (Mergermarket 2021)
- Tier 1 in Corporate and Commercial: Mid-Market M&A London (Legal 500 2022)
- Tier 2 in Insurance: Corporate and Commercial (Legal 500 2022)
- Tier 2 in Insurance: Non-contentious (Chambers & Partners 2022)
- Shortlisted for Insurance Team of the Year at the Legal Business Awards 2022
- Shortlisted for the M&A Team of the Year at the British Legal Awards 2022
- Shortlisted for Corporate Team of the Year at The Legal Business Awards 2021
Please note we only accept applications made via our recruitment portal. Should you require further details, please contact our in-house Lateral Recruitment Advisor Steffy Lam who can discuss the role and requirements.
At Pinsent Masons we value diversity and inclusion. We are committed to creating a better workplace where all our talent can succeed and feel like they belong. We want to attract, retain and develop people at all levels and encourage applications from all suitably qualified candidates whatever your ethnicity, religion, age, physical or mental disability/long term condition, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or any other characteristics protected by local law in the jurisdictions in which we operate.