BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
We have a fantastic new role for a Business Development Manager supporting our International Arbitration practice. This role can be based from any of our UK Offices.
To provide effective, strategic business development support for the International Arbitration practice
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Provide support in the annual business planning process and develop and communicate effective BD plans to support and deliver on the plan
- Develop and increase the level of BD support for the IA initiative outside the UK, to put the IA initiative on an international footing. This will involve identifying and building a relationship with a colleague in the Asia Pac team who will be an effective point person for IA– this will not at this stage be a new or dedicated appointment so a high level of collaboration, communication and team work will be required
- Work with the partner leads and other stakeholders in the IA team to develop and deliver dynamic BD plans to build the profile of the practice internationally, whilst systematically and consistently ensuring that there is a high level of internal awareness of the IA practice (skillset and sector team meetings, Atlas clients etc) to facilitate RPs and RMs selling in where possible.
- At all times act as an ambassador for the business development strategy and team.
- Supervise and mentor other members of the LR&T BD team on Arbitration-related related BD initiatives. The applicant must create a nurturing, structured environment for them to build their skills and stretch themselves.
- Be prepared to challenge, stress-test and/or sense-check the development of core propositions and define how the firm goes to market in a systematic, innovative, and resource-efficient manner.
- Experience of undertaking a similar role in a partnership environment.
- Dispute resolution knowledge/ experience is essential
- Substantial experience of, and proven flair for, written communications – directories, awards submissions, social media posts, collateral
- Team management and mentoring skills.
- Proven ability to advise and influence senior stakeholders.
- Ability to develop own professional network, internal and external
- Confident and polished in delivering presentations
- Join a global, innovative and forward thinking firm;
- Agile working i.e. the opportunity to work from home, subject to diary commitments;
- 25 days annual leave entitlement and the opportunity to purchase or roll over 5 days;
- Up to 5 days' carers/parental leave per year;
- Contributory pension of up to 5%;
- Private healthcare;
- Death in service cover (4 x base salary);
- Eligibility to apply for an interest free season ticket loan, an interest free gym membership loan and/or an interest free rental deposit loan;
- Cycle to work scheme;
- Access to training and development to refresh or enhance your current skillset;
For any queries or for a copy of the full job description then please contact our in-house recruiter, Alex Williams. Please note we only accept CVs that are logged on the Recruitment portal.
At Pinsent Masons we value diversity and inclusion. We are committed to creating a better workplace where all our talent can succeed and feel like they belong. We want to attract, retain and develop people at all levels and encourage applications from all suitably qualified candidates whatever your ethnicity, religion, age, physical or mental disability/ long term condition, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or any other characteristics protected by local law in the jurisdictions in which we operate.