We have a fantastic opportunity for a Solutions Architect, who will be accountable for creating the high-level strategic artefacts that convert the enterprise strategy into a workable solutions blueprint. Solutions include applications, technologies, processes and shared infrastructure services.
The Solutions Architect will provide the necessary leadership, analysis and high-level design tasks related to the creation of a high-level blueprint in line with the overall enterprise strategy. This individual will create deliverables that help develop the direction for managing the organisation’s portfolio of “to be” and “as is” solutions — including systems (meaning not just applications, but also processes and information), shared infrastructure services, and shared application services and components to better match targeted business outcomes.
In addition, the Solutions Architect will facilitate, orchestrate and leverage technology to enable the organisation’s future-state business capabilities that, in turn, drive the organisation’s targeted objectives.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications and experience:
- Degree level candidate ideally in computer science, system analysis or a related study, or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of architecture frameworks such as TOGAF
- Experience in at least two IT solution development disciplines, including technical architecture, network management, application development, middleware, database management or operations is desirable
- Exposure to multiple, diverse technologies and processing environments
- Good understanding of strategic and new and emerging technology trends, and the practical application of existing, new and emerging technologies to new and evolving business and operating models
- Understanding of agile methods and processes, and capability of supporting agile project teams by providing advice and guidance on opportunities, impact and risks, taking account of technical and architectural debt
What can we offer you?
- Agile working i.e. the opportunity to work from home, subject to diary commitments;
- 25 days annual leave entitlement and the opportunity to purchase or roll over 5 days;
- Contributory pension of up to 5%;
- Private healthcare policy for the successful candidate and immediate family;
- Death in service cover (4 x base salary);
- Eligibility to apply for an interest free season ticket loan, an interest free gym membership loan and/or an interest free rental deposit loan;
- Cycle to work scheme.
At Pinsent Masons we value diversity and inclusion. We are committed to creating a better workplace where all our talent can succeed and feel like they belong. We want to attract, retain and develop people at all levels and encourage applications from all suitably qualified candidates whatever your ethnicity, religion, age, physical or mental disability/ long term condition, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or any other characteristics protected by local law in the jurisdictions in which we operate.
For any queries or for a copy of the full job description, please contact our in-house recruiter, Sim Dhonsi. Please note we only accept CVs that are logged on the Recruitment portal.