Ashurst is a leading progressive global law firm with a rich history, celebrating it's bicentenary in 2022. We are proud of our history and future-focused, having expanded into new technologies through our NewLaw division, Ashurst Advance, and our consulting arm. Our in-depth understanding of our clients and commitment to providing excellent standards of service have seen us become a trusted adviser to local and global corporates, financial institutions and governments in all areas of commercial law. To find out more please visit www.ashurst.com .
In order to comply with regulatory and client requirements, Ashurst will undertake appropriate vetting of staff. When applicants accept a job offer, Ashurst, alongside a specialist provider, will undertake professional verification and background checks. These checks are only undertaken with consent, and in accordance with our legal and regulatory obligations.
The Change & Business Improvement (CBI) function helps to identify, plan and deliver the programmes required to drive the change we need to execute our strategic plan. The CBI Change Management team ensures there is a strong connection between programmes and end user functions so expectations, commitments and benefits can be managed, leading to the successful transition of business change.
To support the roll out of major projects, our team is looking to hire an experienced Change Manager on a 24 month fixed term contract. Reporting to the Head of Business Change and working closely with the Digital Strategy Programme Manager and the Chief Digital Officer.
The firm is going through an exciting period of change, on a global basis, to ensure we are at the forefront of best practice in the legal industry, with this role playing a key part in engaging staff and guaranteeing a smooth implementation. While the role will be based in London, you will be working on international projects with a global team which may require additional hours from time to time to facilitate projects.
- Co create, with the Programme Manager and CDO, the Change Management strategy to support the firm's digital transformation ambitions.
- Prepare people for the change, to minimise its impact on individuals and the business, and to enable the firm to realise expected benefits.
- Ownership and delivery of the change management activities for projects in the Digital Programme portfolio.
- These include stakeholder mapping and engagement plans, identifying benefits, change impact assessments, managing change agent network, business readiness workshops and post go live adoption activities.
- Help to build effective relationships with stakeholders to raise their awareness and understanding of the change, manage expectations about what the change will and won't deliver, and to win their support and active participation where required in the delivery of change activities.
- Help to coordinate engagement activities and project communications across the Digital Programme projects.
- Work with internal programme teams to manage dependencies on change activities and ensure the change approach is understood.
- Work within the Business Change function to ensure there is a consistent approach to change management across the firm.
- Input to maintain the Change Roadmap and manage associated risks and issues.
Risk and Control: Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with our regulatory requirements and internal policies.
Essential skills and experience:
- Experience of successfully managing large scale business change.
- Experience of digital transformation change.
- Proven skills and knowledge of change management disciplines, approaches, tools and methodologies.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively and communicate effectively across all levels both verbally and in writing.
- Able to influence outcomes at a mid-senior level within the organisation.
- Working within a structured project framework.
- A good eye for detail; ability to work accurately and effectively even when under pressure.
- Able to learn and understand current business processes and help to model new processes/procedures.
- Able to distil key messages from broad content.
- Excellent knowledge of all elements of the project lifecycle.
- Able to manage business change activities within a large global transformation programme.
- Experience of identifying and tracking benefits.
- Tactful and diplomatic when in pressured situations.
- Excellent presentation, written and communication skills.
- Uses initiative - 'can do' approach.
- Effective time management.
- Client focused.
Desired skills and experience:
- Qualified PROSCI professional.
- Experience of working within a legal environment.