CMS are recruiting for a Senior Commercial Finance Manager to join our London team. This is a senior role with the Commercial Finance team - a growing team of finance and pricing professionals which supports the CMS leadership and the firm to deliver its overall strategy, improve profitability & recovery, and give pricing support on key client engagements. About the Role
The role of the Senior Commercial Finance Manager is to assist the Head of Commercial Finance in developing the team and in delivering the team's key objectives and driving forward overall strategy as outlined below:
* Working closely with the Business Development Team and Partners to ensure pitch responses are profitable, commercially sound, and that fee proposals are both innovative and flexible.
* Building relationships with other support teams and stakeholders to ensure the wider business context is considered, appreciated, and represented in pricing and profitability decisions.
* Ensuring proposals meet both the firm's and the client's values, and that proposals help to build on the firm's strategy
Education and training
* Working closely with Finance Business Partners, Sector Leaders, Practice Group Leaders, business support teams and the general partnership to identify gaps in training and provide outreach and support across the entire firm.
* Working with partners and the Client Management Team to maximise the value of client relationships, those within our Strategic Client and Sector growth client programmes.
* Preparing regular financial analysis and commentary for key sectors and clients, and providing advice in relation to potential areas of improvement.
Governance, guidance and policy
* Working with Business Development leads and legal staff to develop fee structure options (pricing, discounts, commercial terms, etc.) to support pitching for and winning new work.
* Creating new, and developing existing, guidance and governance policies to ensure best practice in areas of work delivery, profitability management, pricing, fee structures and other associated areas. About You
Essential: Skills & Experience
* Pricing and commercial experience within legal services but will consider broader professional services.
* Proven people management and people development skills.
* Excellent analytical skills
* Proven strategic thought leadership.
* Excellent written and verbal communication. Emotionally resilient and has strength of personality to ensure the perspective of Commercial Finance is clearly communicated.
* The ability to remain calm and focussed under pressure.
* Strong presentation skills, with the ability to confidently present to small or large groups of senior partners and staff.
* Excellent soft skills including the ability to influence senior stakeholders.
* Ability to make strong relationships with other teams.
* Good commercial acumen and exceptional analysis and financial modelling skills.
* A collaborative team-player who is transparent and has a straight-forward approach.
* ACCA / ACA / CIMA or similar qualified with a minimum of 4 years PQE or demonstrable relevant QBE. Equal Opportunities
At CMS, a next-generation mindset is woven into all we do. We're diverse, supportive and inclusive, embracing our corporate social responsibility and creating a culture of sustainability in which every one of our people, whatever their background, can maximise their potential and thrive. For further information about CMS' diversity initiatives and programmes, please view the Diversity & Inclusion
pages on our website.
Please apply online or contact a member of the Talent Acquisition team if you have any questions. For information regarding our competitive range of benefits please visit our Rewards & Benefits
page on our website.
Please note that CMS have a preferred agency panel in place. Only applications submitted via the portal at the point of instruction will be accepted.#LI-SO1