We are recruiting a Projects Analyst working within the Legal Delivery Centre, supporting the management team on a broad range of projects and business as usual (BAU) activity.
- Assisting with establishing new service lines in the LDC (or extending existing service lines)
- Supporting the LDC assess improvement opportunities, including:
- Assessing data and trends
- Collecting information from stakeholders and staff, analysing and proposing actions
- Supporting assessing benefits achieved by comparing old v. new working methods
- Maintaining an overview on all projects
- Providing the LDC’s Management team with support on topics such as:
- Matter tracking
- Management of templates and guidance material (inc. playbooks)
- Assisting in producing, reviewing and consolidating performance information
- Supporting a continuous improvement culture which embraces teamwork
- Suitable for a Paralegal (or similar experience) who would like to transition to a projects role
- Dedication to exceeding customer service expectations
- Able to build strong working relationships and be able to persuade and influence others
- Able to write and communicate verbally in a very clear and concise way
- Flexible to changing demands and good at problem solving
- Excellent attention to detail
- Operates with a high degree of professionalism
- Displays a positive can do attitude
THE DEPARTMENT / PRACTICE GROUP
The Legal Delivery Centre (LDC) uses streamlined processes, together with legal and technical knowhow and cutting-edge technology to design and deliver routine or data/document-heavy legal services quickly, efficiently and transparently.
Staffed by over 80 permanent DLA Piper employees in Leeds (UK), Amsterdam (Netherlands) and Perth (Australia), the LDC primarily allocates activity to a team of paralegals (headed by an assignment lead), with qualified lawyers used to support service delivery and management.
Incorporating the LDC in DLA Piper’s service solution drives multiple benefits:
- With the LDC delivering the more routine elements senior specialist lawyers can focus on complex aspects;
- A playbook-based approach drives consistency, creates efficiencies, promotes transparency and helps identify opportunities for improvement;
- Use of the LDC increases the extent to which the service is scalable - the LDC can scale up for very large projects (and with client consent can supplement LDC resource with additional staff on a fixed term basis sourced from trusted third parties)
- Full integration with DLA Piper specialist lawyers (the LDC works with lawyers to deliver a joined-up, premium service).
- Transparent and straightforward cost structure helps price the engagement on the best possible terms.
DLA Piper is a global law firm with lawyers located in more than 40 countries throughout the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific. Our global reach ensures that we can help businesses with their legal needs anywhere in the world. We strive to be the leading global business law firm by delivering quality, service excellence and value to our clients and offering practical and innovative legal solutions to help them succeed. Our clients range from multinational, Global 1000, and Fortune 500 enterprises to emerging companies developing industry-leading technologies, as well as government and public sector bodies.
In everything we do connected with our People, our Clients and our Communities, we live by these values:
- Be Supportive – we are compassionate and inclusive, valuing diversity and acting thoughtfully
- Be Collaborative - we are proactive, passionate team players investing in our relationships
- Be Bold - we are fearless and inquisitive, challenging ourselves to think big and find creative new solutions
- Be Exceptional - we are strategic and driven, exceeding standards and expectations
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
At DLA Piper, diversity and inclusion underpins how we live our values and everything we do. We believe that everyone has a voice, and that everyone’s voice counts. We know that the rich diversity across our firm makes us stronger, more innovative and creative, which helps us to better serve our clients and communities. We are committed to providing an inclusive working environment and culture across our global firm, where everyone can bring their authentic self to work.
Diversity of perspective, thought, background and culture combine to make us the leading global law firm; that’s why we actively seek to build balanced teams. We welcome the unique contribution that you will bring to our firm and actively encourage applications from all talented people – however your talent is packaged, whatever your background or circumstance and regardless of how you identify.
We support anyone with a disability or long term health condition to ensure they have the opportunity to perform at their best. If you have not done so already, please let us know if you require any support so we can make the right adjustments and considerations should they be required.
We know that people have responsibilities and interests outside of their career and that as a business, we all benefit from working flexibly. That's why we are open to discussing with candidates the different ways in which we are able to support requests for agile working arrangements.
PRE ENGAGEMENT SCREENING
In the event that we make an offer to you, and where local legislation permits, we may conduct pre-engagement screening checks that may include but are not limited to your professional and academic qualifications, your eligibility to work in the relevant jurisdiction.