We are recruiting a Property & Workplace Assistant, within the Property & Workplace group in the Dublin office, working across various departments to provide support to colleagues and clients.
Property and Workplace provides general and logistic support to the Office Manager.
This role will enable the successful applicant to work across the various functions to build a wide range of skills and experience within a business support function.
Good communication skills and a high level of professionalism are required to fulfil the role.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Follow internal procedural guidelines.
- Provide administrative support as required including filing, scheduling events, data entry, and invoice support.
- Completion of training to ensure both technical and personal skill development.
- Organising national and international courier deliveries.
- Records management (archiving) requests and returns as required.
- Porterage of external and internal deliveries as required.
- Engage with approved suppliers to ensure stock levels within the office are maintained (stationary, canteen supplies etc).
- Liaising with and assisting in sourcing suppliers as required.
- Organising access of contractors onsite and ensuring works are met to a high standard.
- Supervision of contractors on site where necessary, occasionally outside office hours.
- Liaising with Building Manager in relation to security and property access.
- Assisting with meeting room set up, liaising with IT to ensure all necessary hybrid requirements are in place, liaising with Reception to ensure all catering orders/set up are in place.
- Ensuring internal and external meetings rooms have correct layout/number of seating, stationary etc.
- Assisting with event organisation set up, including furniture removal/installation and room layout.
- Assisting other locations (DLA Piper offices) in booking external venues/restaurants/hotels.
- Read and understand the requirements of the firm's Health and Safety policy and ensure that it is applied appropriately.
- Participating in routine weekly and monthly floor inspections to ensure areas are compliant with Health & Safety and Office regulations.
- Ensuring staff Health and Safety notice boards are kept up to date with relevant information.
- Ensuring common area facilities are well maintained and kept clear.
- Involvement in internal and external ISO environmental audits and ensuring the office is as sustainable as possible, including logging ISO information from Landlord.
- Assisting in following up on action lists from ISO and Health and Safety audits.
- Attending training sessions in relation to ISO.
- Organising Health & Safety Training including First Aid, Fire Marshalling and Manual Handling training.
- Organising routine fire drills with the Building Manager and logging the report regarding same centrally.
- Assisting with SHE (Sustainability, Health & Environment) Staff Training and Induction, including Ergonomic Desk Assessments.
- Assisting with routine repair and maintenance works.
- Participating in monthly Property and Workplace Team calls.
- To undertake ad hoc duties from time to time in accordance with business needs, as identified by the Office Manager.
- Good level of IT knowledge with an understanding of file structures and a wide range of applications
- Be educated to Leaving Certificate level or equivalent standard.
- Confident and able to build trust and rapport to develop effective relationships,
- Able to handle multiple priorities, working to sometimes conflicting timescales in a fast-paced and challenging environment
- Ability to stay calm and composed in often demanding situations
- Focus on continued personal development and ensuring all training requirements are up to date
- Polite, professional and friendly.
- Good communicator- both written and verbally
- Customer service focused.
- Enthusiastic with a 'can do' attitude.
- Good timekeeping and attendance
DLA Piper is a global law firm with lawyers located in more than 40 countries throughout the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific. Our global reach ensures that we can help businesses with their legal needs anywhere in the world. We strive to be the leading global business law firm by delivering quality, service excellence and value to our clients and offering practical and innovative legal solutions to help them succeed. Our clients range from multinational, Global 1000, and Fortune 500 enterprises to emerging companies developing industry-leading technologies, as well as government and public sector bodies.
In everything we do connected with our People, our Clients and our Communities, we live by these values:
- Be Supportive – we are compassionate and inclusive, valuing diversity and acting thoughtfully Be Collaborative - we are proactive, passionate team players investing in our relationships Be Bold - we are fearless and inquisitive, challenging ourselves to think big and find creative new solutions Be Exceptional - we are strategic and driven, exceeding standards and expectations
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
At DLA Piper, diversity and inclusion underpins how we live our values and everything we do. We believe that everyone has a voice, and that everyone’s voice counts. We know that the rich diversity across our firm makes us stronger, more innovative and creative, which helps us to better serve our clients and communities. We are committed to providing an inclusive working environment and culture across our global firm, where everyone can bring their authentic self to work.
Diversity of perspective, thought, background and culture combine to make us the leading global law firm; that’s why we actively seek to build balanced teams. We welcome the unique contribution that you will bring to our firm and actively encourage applications from all talented people – however your talent is packaged, whatever your background or circumstance and regardless of how you identify.
We support anyone with a disability or long term health condition to ensure they have the opportunity to perform at their best. If you have not done so already, please let us know if you require any support so we can make the right adjustments and considerations should they be required.
We know that people have responsibilities and interests outside of their career and that as a business, we all benefit from working flexibly. That's why we are open to discussing with candidates the different ways in which we are able to support requests for agile working arrangements.
In the event that we make an offer to you, and where local legislation permits, we will conduct pre-engagement screening checks that may include but are not limited to your professional and academic qualifications, your eligibility to work in the relevant jurisdiction, any criminal records, your financial stability and references from previous employers.