To manage the Marketing and Business Development (MBD) activity for the London office, with activity aligned to deliver the strategic priorities for the UK. This is an interim cover for one year therefore will involve working under the supervision and guidance of the Head of Marketing and BD for the UK. Tasks will also include working on UK-wide events and marketing and BD.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work with the London Managing Partner to support and deliver the Marketing and BD strategy for the London office
- Support the London Managing Partner and other lead partners on delivering London business development initiatives
- Under the supervision and guidance of the UK Head of Marketing and BD, be part of developing and delivering the London events programme and related activity. The overarching aim is to maintain and raise further the firm’s profile within national and international business at the highest level through activity in the City, developing business and strengthening existing relationships and generating new ones
- This involves using all elements of marketing including putting on a series of regular high profile events of all types working closely with the London Events Manager and London Events Coordinator at times taking the lead on certain events
- Work with our consultancy and production agencies and the internal team to deliver seamlessly and to the highest standard from conception through to post-event follow up with clients. From time to time engage with speakers from within the firm and externally often including politicians, journalists, business leaders and well-known figures
- Maximise profile-raising opportunities through internal and external communications, social media, campaigns, PR, business development activity and client targeting programmes. Liaise with internal central teams including the PR and Digital team on this delivery
- This wide-ranging position covers all aspects of marketing and involves working with different parts of the business, including representing MBD in the London Managing Partner’s management team involved in the town halls and overseeing the London office coordinator to produce the office newsletter
- The role includes working with the UK Head of Marketing and BD on the management of our business membership and sponsorship relationships e.g. TheCityUK, LondonFirst, the Barbican and the Museum of London. This involves keeping a log of the activity, and promoting the benefits
- This is an interesting and fast-paced role in a lively, dynamic environment with the opportunity to work with an array of partners across groups and sectors, and with teams in all parts of the business
- University Degree
- Excellent written skills
- A professional approach, demonstrating commitment and dedication to internal client care
- Highly organised with excellent communication and project management skills, and sharp attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to exercise tact and diplomacy
- Excellent understanding and experience of generalist marketing activities. Proven track record of managing successful events. Demonstrate the ability to be proactive in putting forward ideas
- Experienced at putting on events of all types from business dinners and panel discussions to large receptions and conferences with high profile speakers and guests. An eye for detail and strong management skills ensuring the team delivers to the highest standard at all times. Responsible for the delivery of events as well as producing MBD content, writing briefs and correspondence
- An ability to motivate others to be engaged and excited in programmes and activity which they might not initially see as a priority
- Used to dealing with a demanding workload and conflicting priorities
- Comfortable managing marketing agencies e.g. events, communications, PR, production, and of negotiating agreements, managing budgets and managing agency personnel at all levels, particularly senior level, to achieve results
- Experience of Excel, Word, Outlook essential; experienced at using CRM systems such as Interaction
- Have a positive, enthusiastic outlook and approach to work, thriving on achieving results in a fast-paced environment. Confident working alone and as part of a team with a collaborative working style
- Enjoy working in a vibrant, varied role covering a breadth of areas of the business
DLA Piper is a global law firm with lawyers located in more than 40 countries throughout the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific. Our global reach ensures that we can help businesses with their legal needs anywhere in the world. We strive to be the leading global business law firm by delivering quality, service excellence and value to our clients and offering practical and innovative legal solutions to help them succeed. Our clients range from multinational, Global 1000, and Fortune 500 enterprises to emerging companies developing industry-leading technologies, as well as government and public sector bodies.
In everything we do connected with our People, our Clients and our Communities, we live by these values:
- Be Supportive – we are compassionate and inclusive, valuing diversity and acting thoughtfully
- Be Collaborative - we are proactive, passionate team players investing in our relationships
- Be Bold - we are fearless and inquisitive, challenging ourselves to think big and find creative new solutions
- Be Exceptional - we are strategic and driven, exceeding standards and expectations
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
At DLA Piper, diversity and inclusion underpins how we live our values and everything we do. We believe that everyone has a voice, and that everyone’s voice counts. We know that the rich diversity across our firm makes us stronger, more innovative and creative, which helps us to better serve our clients and communities. We are committed to providing an inclusive working environment and culture across our global firm, where everyone can bring their authentic self to work.
Diversity of perspective, thought, background and culture combine to make us the leading global law firm; that’s why we actively seek to build balanced teams. We welcome the unique contribution that you will bring to our firm and actively encourage applications from all talented people – however your talent is packaged, whatever your background or circumstance and regardless of how you identify.
We support anyone with a disability or long term health condition to ensure they have the opportunity to perform at their best. If you have not done so already, please let us know if you require any support so we can make the right adjustments and considerations should they be required.
We know that people have responsibilities and interests outside of their career and that as a business, we all benefit from working flexibly. That's why we are open to discussing with candidates the different ways in which we are able to support requests for agile working arrangements.
PRE ENGAGEMENT SCREENING
In the event that we make an offer to you, and where local legislation permits, we may conduct pre-engagement screening checks that may include but are not limited to your professional and academic qualifications, your eligibility to work in the relevant jurisdiction.