Ashurst is a leading progressive global law firm with a rich history, celebrating it's bicentenary in 2022. We are proud of our history and future-focused, having expanded into new technologies through our NewLaw division, Ashurst Advance, and our consulting arm. Our in-depth understanding of our clients and commitment to providing excellent standards of service have seen us become a trusted adviser to local and global corporates, financial institutions and governments in all areas of commercial law. To find out more please visit www.ashurst.com .
In order to comply with regulatory and client requirements, Ashurst will undertake appropriate vetting of staff. When applicants accept a job offer, Ashurst, alongside a specialist provider, will undertake professional verification and background checks. These checks are only undertaken with consent, and in accordance with our legal and regulatory obligations.
We have an opportunity for a Process Analyst to join our Service Improvement team in Glasgow.
The successful candidate will work with a number of business services functions, including IT and Risk & Compliance, to develop, map and document end-to-end processes. The role holder will be responsible for collaborating with subject matter experts to develop an understanding of processes, produce end-to-end process maps that capture all activities and report on process improvement opportunities.
- Work with the business stakeholders to create process maps and checklists, whilst providing feedback on improvements and best practices to process owners.
- Employ a diplomatic and tactful approach when engaging with business services functions and their stakeholders to understand the services and processes they deliver.
- Create standard formats and standards for all process documentation. Help to improve and maintain process documentation governance frameworks and methodologies to deliver consistent approach.
- Collaborate with process owners and subject matter experts to test and revise documentation based on service and process improvements implemented.
- Assist stakeholders in the mapping of As-Is processes.
- Consistently track, monitor and maintain business processes, process re-engineering and key stakeholder journeys.
- Assist stakeholders in identifying and documenting potential risks within processes.
- Support running in person and virtual process improvement workshops and events to map targeted problems with various stakeholders.
- Coach staff in process map creation and process documentation governance framework.
- Act as an advocate for change and disseminate information that highlights the benefits of developing a continuous improvement culture across the Firm.
Risk and Control: Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with our regulatory requirements and internal policies.
Essential skills and experience:
- Proficiency across the MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint).
- Excellent written and communication skills.
- Previous experience of producing process documentation, work instructions and training materials.
- Demonstrated capability to capture process and system requirements with an ability to translate general needs into clear processes.
- Exceptional eye for detail coupled with analytical and problem-solving mindset.
- The role involves extensive interactions with global stakeholders and therefore requires a combination of intellect, maturity, strength of character, and an ability to earn respect.
- Resiliency with a capacity to respond to pressure and shifting demands.
- Ability to work independently, efficiently and use initiative whilst delivering outputs at pace.
- Strong team-working skills with the ability to influence and motivate diverse teams to embrace and deliver sustained process improvement.
Desired skills and experience:
- Knowledge of business assurance and quality management.
- Experience of working in a professional services organisation.
- Experience of working in customer service, shared services or outsourced global environment.